Windows 10: Can't get the login prompt on windows 10?

Discus and support Can't get the login prompt on windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I got a my router, ASUS router RT-N66U, with a shared harddrive that I use as media server. Under my desktop pc I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rune2504, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Rune2504 Win User

Can't get the login prompt on windows 10?

Hello everyone!

I got a my router, ASUS router RT-N66U, with a shared harddrive that I use as media server. Under my desktop pc I can see the harddrive and LOGIN to it and watch what's inside, but I can't do that on my laptop? I can see the drive on my laptop but when I try to open the location it just says that the login session doesn't exist? Please help me, im very clueless at this point.

Rune

:)

Rune2504, Oct 15, 2016

2. Can't access anything after login

Please, can someone help? I work from home on the computer and it's completely unusable. I need to either go back to Windows 7 or figure our how to get into Windows 10. I can't login, I can't get a command prompt. Is there a different way to access safe
    mode in Windows 10? F8 doesn't work and I can't login to access the start menu or desktop.

Thank you in advance!

Stacy_Chia, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Bob DW Win User
    The password is incorrect. Make sure youre using the password for your Microsoft acct. You can always reset it at account.live.com

Intel True Key was never implemented and I couldn't check True Key if I wanted to, because I can't login.

Again, I can login to my PC through Troubleshooting => Advanced => Command Prompt, so I know that my password is correct.

I cannot login to the standard login screen without getting an error message, and I can't check anything because I can't login.

Can someone help?

Bob DW, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Can't get the login prompt on windows 10?

1. Can't get the login prompt on windows 10? - Similar Threads - Can't login prompt

2. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting authenticator login prompts: Hello Microsoft community, For the past few weeks I've been getting automatic authenticator prompts. I thought that someone somehow gained access to my password. Very unlikely because I use a password manager and a VERY strong password. Upon logging into my account it turns...
  3. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting authenticator login prompts: Hello Microsoft community, For the past few weeks I've been getting automatic authenticator prompts. I thought that someone somehow gained access to my password. Very unlikely because I use a password manager and a VERY strong password. Upon logging into my account it turns...
  4. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to get login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to get login prompt: My screen is blurry and I am unable to get a login prompt. Using CTL/ALT/DEL does work. Also tried using the shift power button. I was trying to reboot the pc in safe mode when this happened and every restart results with no changes. Thanks, Jim [ATTACH]...
  6. Takes forever to get a login prompt on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Takes forever to get a login prompt on Windows 10: I am writing this on another computer, as the one in question has been waiting for a login prompt for over 3 hours, even longer than usual. Why does it take me so long to get a login prompt? This machine is two months old and the only software I loaded onto it is MS...
  7. No login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  8. Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify: I have a vexing problem since the Anniversary update on my Vaio. I have been using Windows 10 on this machine successfully for over a year. Here are the exact symptoms: I boot up the laptop from a cold state. The boot appears normal and my personal background appears on...
  9. No login prompt in Widows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt in Widows 10: Hi The other day my computer started up as normal and got to the image where you should see the password prompt and the list of users able to access the computer. Unfortunately this screen does not appear, just the image. What does appear is the network icon, the ease of...
  10. Can't get a login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get a login prompt: On my other computer I misunderstood some troubleshooting instructions and selected "diagnostic startup" in msconfig. When I rebooted I found that I could no longer get the prompt to enter my PIN or password, meaning that I can no longer log in. All I see is my name and,...