Windows 10: Can't get the Start Menu to Resize

Discus and support Can't get the Start Menu to Resize in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just did a clean install of 10041 and can't fine a way to switch to a resizable Start Menu. I have seen several post here which describe a registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Mar 26, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Can't get the Start Menu to Resize

I just did a clean install of 10041 and can't fine a way to switch to a resizable Start Menu. I have seen several post here which describe a registry edit to accomplish this but it doesn't seem to work under 10041. It did under 9926.

Here is a part of the instructions I cut and pasted from one of the post. I followed them with no luck.
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AdvancedAnd create a new DWORD called EnableXamlStartMenu and leave the default value of 0 unchanged.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Mar 26, 2015

2. Can't right-click on Control Panel in Taskbar or Start Menu

I want to resize the Control Panel icon in the Start Menu, but for some reason I can't right-click it, in the Taskbar or in the Start Menu. I've managed to get it into the Start Menu by right-clicking it from search, but I need to right-click it from the
    Start Menu to resize it. When I try to right-click it in the Start Menu, the menu just closes. Right-clicking it on the Taskbar (as well as dragging up with left click) simply does nothing. Restarting Windows Explorer via Task Manager does nothing either.

Boilerplate OS Info: Windows 10 Home (x64)

sealedinterface, Mar 26, 2015
  3. GabijaA Win User
    Unable to unpin, resize or rename tiles on Windows 10 Start menu

Original title:- Can't do anything with start menu tiles

I can't unpin or resize tiles in Windows 10 start menu. Also, I can't choose Show more tiles option and I can't rename tile sections.

GabijaA, Mar 26, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

That does not work with build 10041

5. JJG10 Win User
    Thanks, Dude!

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get the Start Menu to Resize - Similar Threads - Can't Start Menu

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu

in Cortana
    Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu: My Problem is that i use the full screen option for the start menu in Windows. This works perfectly. I noticed when using this option that my search windows expands up to the top of my screen.I know that normally the size of the search window is the same as the start menu....
  5. Can't get start menu to appear transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get start menu to appear transparent: I feel like I've tried everything at this point. Regedit tweaks, reinstalling the start menu, .theme files, etc. but the start menu just won't go transparent. Even the taskbar was able to. Any other possible options to fix this? Thank you! https://imgur.com/LbhsCYT OS build...
  6. Can't resize the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize the Start menu: It won't drag from the right. It does show the double arrow, but it doesn't do anything. I want to make the Start menu fit the two stack of apps I have on it but it's twice the width it should be...
  7. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160
  8. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start". Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show...
  9. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu. This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu will not resize