Windows 10: Can't get The Weather Channel app in win 10 a free app

Discus and support Can't get The Weather Channel app in win 10 a free app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; not sure this question belongs? I have three computers with newly updated to Windows 10 on them. Two of them had no problem getting the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jim77, Aug 25, 2015.

1. jim77 Win User

Can't get The Weather Channel app in win 10 a free app

not sure this question belongs?

I have three computers with newly updated to Windows 10 on them. Two of them had no problem getting the free app called “The Weather Channel”. But on my desktop I cannot get THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

The problem:

When I go to the store I find the Weather Channel and it is free except I run into this problem every time I try to get the free app:

• I click on free and I get a window that indicates there is a old email account that is not active, but they ask for a password. I put in what I believe is the password and I get a memo saying they need a code which I don’t have and then it asks for my phone #. I get a red memo saying invalid email address. Then they give me another old email address which is also invalid and so they say I need to click “next” to answer a bunch of questions about me and the content of recent emails and other email addresses that I have used recently so that they can verify me..I never receive a code on any of my email accounts or by phone. They say they need 24 hours to verify me. After several tries thy send me this email:

“Your account is verified and now you just need to reset your password
    Right on! The information you submitted for jh*****@hotmail.com has been verified.

Click this link to reset your password:
    Reset your password
    After you reset your password, we highly recommend that you update your security information to help keep your account more secure. Adding a phone number, an alternate email address, or a trusted PC will help you get back into your account if you ever lose access to it in the future.

Go to Sign in to your Microsoft accountto sign into your account and manage your security information.

Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team”

I reset the password and tried to get The Weather Channel and it did not work. It took me back to the same process.

And anyway why can I get The Weather Channel in my other two computers without any hassle like above.

I went to a remote web assistance and they said I needed a clean install. Actually I already did a clean install on my desktop account recently. The erroneous email accounts are old and dated about the same time (2007) as I first installed the Windows 7 desktop account which is the same account that was updated to Windows 10 .

:)

jim77, Aug 25, 2015
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Weather Live Tile Issue

App trouble shooter couldn't find any solutions.

Now the Weather Channel app can't get my weather info but Accuweather can.

JamesJoey, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Weather App

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Weather app

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If it doesn't work, switch to the Weather channel app instead:

Get The Weather Channel - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/the-wea...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Can't get The Weather Channel app in win 10 a free app

1. Can't get The Weather Channel app in win 10 a free app - Similar Threads - Can't Weather Channel

2. The Weather Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Weather Channel: I cannot make videos to play on The Weather Channel. When I click on a video it goes black and has an error code 101102. I bought premium and this is frustrating. The Weather Channel is the only site that this happens on. I've done everything that has been suggested.Does...
  3. The Weather Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Weather Channel: I cannot make videos to play on The Weather Channel. When I click on a video it goes black and has an error code 101102. I bought premium and this is frustrating. The Weather Channel is the only site that this happens on. I've done everything that has been suggested.Does...
  4. The Weather Channel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. weather channel

weather channel: for the last 5 days i can not get any data from the weater channel .the one from microsoft store is it me or all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-channel/1cc31b69-3a76-4dca-94f7-c8ab41814134
  6. The Weather Channel app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Weather Channel app: I want to download The Weather Channel app but it is no longer in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-weather-channel-app/7bcfcf6e-2ef8-41ae-9496-8fc08ced4f4e
  7. Win 10 Weather App/Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Weather App/Tile: I have set the weather app to my location and to display in Celsius. It has worked for years but something is now broken. If I click on the start menu I see the temperature, wind speed etc, shown in the old fashioned imperial (F, MPH, etc). I totally cannot relate to that...
  8. Weather Channel Win 10 App installed but can't be found

Weather Channel Win 10 App installed but can't be found: I installed the Windows 10 Weather Channel desktop app on my PC. After it installed it asked me if I wanted to pin an icon to my task bar. I said yes. However there is no icon on my task bar, in my start menu, or on my desktop. I cannot find it in the uninstall program list...
  9. The Weather Channel App update Available in Store

The Weather Channel App update Available in Store: The Weather Channel App Update Available in Store Version 2016.614.69.0 53352
  10. The weather channel app 0x80073B0C error.

The weather channel app 0x80073B0C error.: Any one else having this problem? Started around the 25th or 26th. Some of the commenters on the app page seem to have the same problem. What exactly is the 0x80073B0C error? 24558