Windows 10: can't get to home screen

Discus and support can't get to home screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got my brand new laptop 2 weeks ago. It has worked splendid from the get go. Then, yesterday morning, I was playing a game and it froze, so I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LisaHikes, Mar 15, 2016.

1. LisaHikes Win User

can't get to home screen

I got my brand new laptop 2 weeks ago. It has worked splendid from the get go. Then, yesterday morning, I was playing a game and it froze, so I did a hard reset by pressing and holding the power botton. Now, every time I turn it back on, I can get as far as the sign-on screen and that's as far as it goes. It just keeps thinking and thinking and thinking and says "Welcome Lisa" but never takes me to the home screen. Also, I tried rebooting it in safe mode, but when it restarted the screen went blank with only the cursor visible and movable. So, I know that the computer works it just won't load anything.
    How can I reset my PC if I can't get to the home screen and start menu?

:)

LisaHikes, Mar 15, 2016

2. Cortana Facebook/Skype integration

Cortana has taken over my phone i can't get in i can't sign in password or get setting it saids double tap for home screen . but it dosen't raise the screen

Linda J. Davis, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Black Screen

Hey!

Thanks for the information, but another problem is I can't get to the login screen or the home screen.

Davsalooki, Mar 15, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

can't get to home screen

CountMike, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

can't get to home screen

1. can't get to home screen - Similar Threads - can't home screen

2. home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    home screen: how to get back to home menu from Microsoft account menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/bdcd25c0-0bde-48f7-badf-80715b961233
  3. Home screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Home screen: How do i move my apps to the home screen, not the rask bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/ad3a1c4d-0fd5-4cba-9f3f-2e14c7462d28
  4. Can't get past ASUS loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past ASUS loading screen: I had turned on my laptop and gotten passed the loading screen, but the laptop ended up freezing so I shut it off. Now, I can't get passed the loading screen. I got into the BIOS menu, and had no clue what to do with it. I've tried accessing the Advanced settings menu but it...
  5. can't get mail on Windows 10 home - icloud account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get mail on Windows 10 home - icloud account: I just recently installed my son's icloud email on his PC. Just in the simple mail app. It keeps saying my account settings are out of date but they are not. I can log in just fine through a browser to icloud. I even changed the e-mail and tried again but no incoming mail.......
  6. Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!: So, I have defined a home page in Edge Settings, and when I open Edge, it goes to that page. However, when I click on the Home button (with a house symbol) in the top bar, it doesn't go to the home page, but just Top Sites and suggested content as per that defined in new tab...
  7. Can't Get To Log in Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Get To Log in Screen: I just got a new Windows 10 computer and I can't even get to the log in page because it is stuck in start up configuration mode. Because of that it won't let me log in. I also need help removing the locked administrator password from the start up configuration as well 63204
  8. Can't get dual screens setup.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't get dual screens setup.: Bad start to Anniversary update - messed up my dual screen setup. I used to have my two screens setup so I could run different programs on them. Now I can only have the same thing on both. No point in having two screens. Settings allows me to set same on both or only on 1...
  9. No Boot and can't get to a system reset screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No Boot and can't get to a system reset screen: I crashed on trying to boot the PC. Tried to get to a reset screen but none is made available. It tried to repair itself and failed several times before I gave up. I can't get to restore points or images on the system. I went to my bakup PC and downloaded a Win 10 iso that I...
  10. Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get shutdown button on lockscreen on win 10 home: For some reason I can't get the shutdown button to appear on my friend's win 10 home laptop running the creators update (I dont know if he had it before this update as I just upgraded him and noticed it was missing). I went to...