Windows 10: can't get to home screen

Discus and support can't get to home screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got my brand new laptop 2 weeks ago. It has worked splendid from the get go. Then, yesterday morning, I was playing a game and it froze, so I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LisaHikes, Mar 15, 2016.

1. LisaHikes Win User

can't get to home screen

I got my brand new laptop 2 weeks ago. It has worked splendid from the get go. Then, yesterday morning, I was playing a game and it froze, so I did a hard reset by pressing and holding the power botton. Now, every time I turn it back on, I can get as far as the sign-on screen and that's as far as it goes. It just keeps thinking and thinking and thinking and says "Welcome Lisa" but never takes me to the home screen. Also, I tried rebooting it in safe mode, but when it restarted the screen went blank with only the cursor visible and movable. So, I know that the computer works it just won't load anything.
    How can I reset my PC if I can't get to the home screen and start menu?

:)

LisaHikes, Mar 15, 2016

2. Cortana Facebook/Skype integration

Cortana has taken over my phone i can't get in i can't sign in password or get setting it saids double tap for home screen . but it dosen't raise the screen

Linda J. Davis, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Black Screen

Hey!

Thanks for the information, but another problem is I can't get to the login screen or the home screen.

Davsalooki, Mar 15, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

can't get to home screen

CountMike, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

can't get to home screen

1. can't get to home screen - Similar Threads - can't home screen

2. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  3. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  4. Can't get passed screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get passed screen: Every time I log in, this screen appears. It hard enough to even attempt to log in, its very slow, and just happened randomly. And after the screen without turning off, it says it cannot find a boot, or something, I'm just very confused. And, yes. I've gone to the link...
  5. Can't get to home screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get to home screen: Im trying to log on to my computer. This has been happening for awhile, but everytime I completely shut off my computer and turn it back on to get into Windows, it takes an extremely frustrating long time to get to my home page. This time, I shut down my computer for a small...
  6. I can't get past the home screen after I started my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get past the home screen after I started my computer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vecec [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvof33/i_cant_get_past_the_home_screen_after_i_started/
  7. Getting a blue screen on my home computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting a blue screen on my home computer: Stop code: kmode exception not handeled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-blue-screen-on-my-home-computer/cb291f5e-c48d-4f2c-af53-c1cc39215eab
  8. Can't get screen saver to operate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get screen saver to operate: Hi. I have windows 10. I have set all the required settings for my screen saver. But when the time elapses, all I get is a black screen. My screen saver will not activate. How do I fix this?...
  9. Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!: So, I have defined a home page in Edge Settings, and when I open Edge, it goes to that page. However, when I click on the Home button (with a house symbol) in the top bar, it doesn't go to the home page, but just Top Sites and suggested content as per that defined in new tab...
  10. Can't Get To Log in Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Get To Log in Screen: I just got a new Windows 10 computer and I can't even get to the log in page because it is stuck in start up configuration mode. Because of that it won't let me log in. I also need help removing the locked administrator password from the start up configuration as well 63204