Windows 10: Can't get Windows 10 to work on Dell E6400

Discus and support Can't get Windows 10 to work on Dell E6400 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Did an update in from Windows 7 64 bit where it worked fine. Updated to Win10 and noticed that the touchpad driver doesnt work and the brightness wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dellconfused, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Can't get Windows 10 to work on Dell E6400

Did an update in from Windows 7 64 bit where it worked fine. Updated to Win10 and noticed that the touchpad driver doesnt work and the brightness wont work properly. I have tried everything to fix them and nothing! Dell doesnt officially support Win10 on this laptop. It's pretty frustrating! Thanks!

:)

dellconfused, Mar 17, 2016
  2. sunilmeda Win User

error msg 'you will need a new app to open this ms-get-started' in windows 10 ,dell latitude e6400

error msg ''you will need a new app to open this ms-get-started"

windows 10 ,dell latitude e6400

not able to open windows stores and download any app

sunilmeda, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Microsofy Sculpt Touch Bluetooth Mouse

actually the mouse is operating properly, but it is the Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Card Module that is not operating within my Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. Windows 10 has not installed the drivers, nor does Dell's drivers /downloads work to make
    it operational. The provided troubleshooter within Windows also does not make it operational and repair it.

**** Stubblebine, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Can't get Windows 10 to work on Dell E6400

Officially, Dell only supports EXX30 series and newer. But a lot of times, W7 drivers do work in W10.
    I would go to Dell's website and pull the touchpad driver for W7 and see if it works.

z31fanatic, Mar 17, 2016
  5. It says "this app can't run on this PC." Really sucks! Guess I should roll back. If i roll back to windows 7 will it be stable or should I do a completely fresh install of win 7?

dellconfused, Mar 17, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    "It says "this app can't run on this PC." " Have you chosen one that matches? 32 bits if a 32 bit OS, 64 if 64?
    Or, that might be the Smartscreen feature; just read carefully and respond to the prompts to circumvent it and it will run.

==========================================
    If all else seems well, you could try, for example, DriverMax (free) and let it scan for compatible drivers, and just pick the touchpad one if there's one found.

It's found a couple of odd drivers I needed. (Note: in general, don't use driver scanner tools. Uncle MS manages your drivers).
    If this works you'll need to protect your driver from being replaced (tutorial in the Tutorials section).

Clearly the difference between rolling back and clean installing is if you re-install
    a. You'll have a mass of Win 7 updates to do
    b. You lose all data and settings on the partition or disk
    c. You'll have to reinstall all programs.

Whereas if you roll back, ideally you'll be as you were.

Note: these are major changes, and I would never mke them without having first created a disk image with e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) and creating its boot disk (in case I ended up with an unbootable PC).

dalchina, Mar 18, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I was assigned to clean up 4 Dell Latitude E6410 14" Notebooks that came from a company as donations to our church. I started with a clean install of Win7 Pro [due to passwords issues], installed SP1, did all the updates [couple of hundred]. After a couple of restarts the GWX icon appeared in the Notification Area so I started that and things went well. It did take a couple of days to do all 4.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't get Windows 10 to work on Dell E6400

1. Can't get Windows 10 to work on Dell E6400 - Similar Threads - Can't Dell E6400

2. New Dell 8940 with windows 11 was working and now can't even get it started.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Dell 8940 with windows 11 was working and now can't even get it started.: Not a blue screen, but get "your device ran in to a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Then "Automatic Repair could't repair your PC." I go to "Advanced Options" and select "StartUp Settings" followed by clicking on "Restart." Computer goes to "Advanced...
  3. New Dell 8940 with windows 11 was working and now can't even get it started.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Dell 8940 with windows 11 was working and now can't even get it started.: Not a blue screen, but get "your device ran in to a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Then "Automatic Repair could't repair your PC." I go to "Advanced Options" and select "StartUp Settings" followed by clicking on "Restart." Computer goes to "Advanced...
  4. Dell E6400 - No Sound from Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell E6400 - No Sound from Headphone Jack: Working on a really old Dell E6400 laptop. The laptop speakers produce sound but when you plug in external speakers using the headphone jack, power supplied through USB port, there is no sound. When you look at the various sound panels nothing indicates the external speakers...
  5. squeeking and squelch from latitude E6400

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    squeeking and squelch from latitude E6400: problem started today August 27th, 2019 continual high pitched squeeking and squelch from my laptop when I powered up. Has not run for a few days since I unsuccessfully tried to install the Windows cumulative update. The only fix was : Settings>App volume and device...
  6. Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work: I am a new user of Win10 as I am setting up a computer for our church. I like Win10 so far, but cannot make autoplay work. I searched online and tried several things, but to no avail. I even started Regedit, but there was no key (NoDriveTypeAutoRun) present in the directory...
  7. Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get Windows 10 Autoplay to work: I am a new user of Win10 as I am setting up a computer for our church. I like Win10 so far, but cannot make autoplay work. I searched online and tried several things, but to no avail. I even started Regedit, but there was no key (NoDriveTypeAutoRun) present in the directory...
  8. My Dell Latitude E6400 running Windows 10 is showing a File System error -1073740791.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Dell Latitude E6400 running Windows 10 is showing a File System error -1073740791.: This error prevents any downloaded program from opening. I have tried all the MS troubleshooting methods and all report being unable to fix. Will re installing Windows 10 fix this? The hard disk has been scanned using chkdsk /R and reports no disk errors. I would appreciate...
  9. Can't get wireless internet on DELL 4050N

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get wireless internet on DELL 4050N: I've clean intalled W10 on a notebbok but cant get internet to work. It connects to the router but that yellow exclamation shows up in the taskbar icon. The adapter is a DELL 7015 with an Atheros chipset. The network was defined as publuc and I changed it to private using...
  10. Dell E6400 windows 10- on windows updates, backlight issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell E6400 windows 10- on windows updates, backlight issues?: Hello. I have a Dell Latitude E6400 with windows 10 (home edition i think) , long past warranty (bought on ebay). When i first got it , i had not yet set up my wifi so i had not downloaded or applied any windows updates, and all was well (just no internet). This monday i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can a dell e644o run win 1903

2. dell latitude e6400 cant install windows ten