Windows 10: Can't Get Windows Mail to Open as Default.........

Discus and support Can't Get Windows Mail to Open as Default......... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running 1703 (OS Build 15063.502). This issue has been going on for a while, just haven't found a solution. I cannot get Windows 10 Mail to act as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rdburke, Aug 3, 2017.

1. rdburke Win User

Can't Get Windows Mail to Open as Default.........

I am running 1703 (OS Build 15063.502). This issue has been going on for a while, just haven't found a solution. I cannot get Windows 10 Mail to act as my Default email client no matter what I do. When I click any Send-To or link that would normally open my default client, I get the following message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or if one is already installed, please create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel." Any ideas? Not a great big deal as I use Chrome and Gmail but sometimes it would be a lot easier to send an email the other way. I just can't stand for things that are supposed to work to be broken.......

:)

rdburke, Aug 3, 2017
  2. JillXP Win User

email will not set as a default

I just got windows 10 and I can't get either of my 2 email accounts to set as the default. I am trying to get either Windows Mail or Windows Outlook to be my default but neither will work. I have gone to control panel, set defaults, but the only mail
    listed in the defaults list is Windows Mail. I have set it as the default but when I try to send a picture via email it tells me there is no default email account. (in the default list it shows Windows Mail as being the default mail) If I right click on
    a photo in My Pictures folder I can't use the feature there to send a photo with email either. I finally decided to open a Outlook account to see if that would work but it is not in the list of defaults to choose from. Help! I have tried for days to do
    this. The emails work good for mail but as I said, I can't send a photo.

JillXP, Aug 3, 2017
  3. windows mail

Thank you, but I do have Windows mail set up as my default. It's when I open any Word or PDF file and go to send it by email that my system defaults to Windows live mail. Can't figure out how to change this setting.

MichelleLoran, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 3, 2017
  5. rdburke Win User
    Share does not appear in any Right-Click Context Menu, however there is a Share Tab on File Explorer Bar. I initially noticed this issue when I tried to share a file I had created using a WebCam program. The error message showed it's ugly head when I clicked the "Share File" Button inside the program. Since this issue is so prevalent on many boards and does not look like anyone has come up with a fix, I shall mark this "Resolved".

rdburke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Get Windows Mail to Open as Default......... - Similar Threads - Can't Mail Open

2. Can't open my mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open my mail: HiI get error that says: refresh the applicationPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-mail/1dcb65ff-01ac-4892-b9da-a29498304011
  3. Can't open my mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open my mail: HiI get error that says: refresh the applicationPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-mail/1dcb65ff-01ac-4892-b9da-a29498304011
  4. Can't open Mail icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Mail icon: I am trying to open my email and computer tries to open it and then it disappears. That was happening with my calendar a few days ago, had to delete app and restart and it seemed like it cleared up but then it started happening to my email...
  5. Can't open Mail icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Mail icon: I am trying to open my email and computer tries to open it and then it disappears. That was happening with my calendar a few days ago, had to delete app and restart and it seemed like it cleared up but then it started happening to my email...
  6. Can't open Mail icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. default mail app keeps opening a new window

default mail app keeps opening a new window: I got frustrated with the windows 10 mail app relentlessly opening a window of it's own accord so I uninstalled it as I use outlook. Then I got a dialogue box asking me which program I wanted to use presumably it's an email notification so I picked outlook. Now outlook is...
  8. Can't open mail

Can't open mail: Why can't I open my mail? Have had nothing but trouble since Edge invaded my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-mail/1ae04697-6ae3-420e-8352-152399d01be7
  9. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  10. Opening up mail link in Default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opening up mail link in Default browser: Hello I run a website that includes a way to send email to members by clicking on an email link. When one of my clients clicks on an email link on a web site that is supposed to open a compose message in her email program, nothing happens, This is the page......