Windows 10: Can't go back from standard to admin

Discus and support Can't go back from standard to admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my account was admin before then I tried to putting it to standard because I thought that would fix the log in when you start your pc. then now I'm... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Akali, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Akali Win User

Can't go back from standard to admin

my account was admin before then I tried to putting it to standard because I thought that would fix the log in when you start your pc. then now I'm stuck in standard. I can't open cmd(admin) can't open some apps with uac in it, can't open netplwiz it won't let me.it says sign in as admin but no bars to type in account. it just says no when I try to open it. the only option is no. and I kind of forgot my admin password which is a big of a problem. can't revert my pc to windows 7 just thought that may fix it all. I have no family accounts etc in my settings. I can't do anything to get my admin back.

:)

Akali, Jun 11, 2018

2. How to merge an Admin and a standard account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

I understand you are not able to access certain admin options on the standard account. As the standard account is your main account currently on which you have installed all your updates, I suggest you to change it to an Admin account. To change it
    to the admin account, login to the Admin account and change the account type of the standard account. Refer the steps below.

1. Click on Start and go to
    Settings.

2. Tap or click Accounts, and then click
    Family and other accounts.

3. Under Other users, tap the standard account, and then click
    Edit.

4. Click the Account type box, choose Administrator, and then tap or click
    OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Change account from admin to standard

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that in order for you to be able to make changes in your PC, you will require your local account to be an
    Admin account instead of a Standard one. Changing the account to a Standard account will disable your ability to make any changes to your computer.

If you still wish to create a Standard Local Account, I suggest that you navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family and other Users. Here select the
    current username and click on the Change Account Type
    button and select Standard. This will automatically change your account from
    Admin to Standard, and you will not require to change the username and password.

In the event that you wish to change the username and password, I suggest that you make changes to the above sited first and then change your account to a
    Standard one from and Admin account.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Can't go back from standard to admin

1. Can't go back from standard to admin - Similar Threads - Can't standard admin

2. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  3. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  4. How to go back as the admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back as the admin?: Hi team, we reinstalled the MS 10 Windows for a course work. Everything was smooth, however we were also playing around with administrators so we created a “privileged local user” as the admin and set it as the administrator - however whenever we access the users from the...
  5. How to go back as the admin?

How to go back as the admin?: Hi team, we reinstalled the MS 10 Windows for a course work. Everything was smooth, however we were also playing around with administrators so we created a “privileged local user” as the admin and set it as the administrator - however whenever we access the users from the...
  6. How to go back as the admin?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Downgrade from 11 to 10 can't go back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from 11 to 10 can't go back?: I wanted to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 on my computer, I read the article which explained how to, but I can not click back as it says "This option is no longer available on this PC", is there any other way to downgrade? If it doesn't work that's fine, but I wanna know...
  8. Downgrade from 11 to 10 can't go back?

Downgrade from 11 to 10 can't go back?: I wanted to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 on my computer, I read the article which explained how to, but I can not click back as it says "This option is no longer available on this PC", is there any other way to downgrade? If it doesn't work that's fine, but I wanna know...
  9. Import from admin login to local standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import from admin login to local standard: I just made a standard log in for my laptop. How do you import my settings and stuff from my admin account to my local standard account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-from-admin-login-to-local-standard/60ef2e80-4cfc-4235-a08c-400d4818fd40
  10. Changed to Standard account and can't get back to Admin. a/c

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed to Standard account and can't get back to Admin. a/c: Hi,I changed to standard account and can't get back to administrator account to install programs.When I try to run"net user administrator /active:yes" or go to control panel and click"change account" I get a dialogue box for permission to make changes but there is no...