Windows 10: Can't host or join game

Discus and support Can't host or join game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use a Client for LAN gaming called Tunngle, I use it for an old game. This is kinda weird. Sometimes when me or my friend hosts, we can't find either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ToxicGhost57, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Can't host or join game

I use a Client for LAN gaming called Tunngle, I use it for an old game. This is kinda weird. Sometimes when me or my friend hosts, we can't find either of our sessions, and then later or the next day, it suddenly works. Why is this happening? Is the game just old? And there are times when we do see the game session, when me or my friend click join, it just crashes and freezes for 10 seconds and then resumes but doesn't join the game. Firewall isn't the problem, I checked it and it's approved the game and Tunngle. Can someone please help me fix this?

:)

ToxicGhost57, Jul 22, 2017

2. xbox one

I can't join games our parties and i can't host online games plz help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

GaurdtheDoor, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Fourch Win User
    DirectPlay protocol old games issue on Windows 10

I'd like to add additional information:

My brother, to whom I'd like to play against, is on a Windows 10 Pro version, 1703. When he hosts, I can see his game but can't join (take too long and will abort) but when I host, he can't even see my game. And when I use GameRanger the way I found, when
    he hosts, I still can't see his game so GameRanger connection process stops. On the other way, that is I host and start GameRanger connection, he can join my game (but I have issues due to no compatibility options set).

Fourch, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can't host or join game

Welcome to the forum. When bwindows looks for a pc on the lan it uses netbios and it doesnt look it asks the master browser for a list. If its a new lan it may take a long time for a pc to become master and for it to discover pc. you should be able to see pc via IP and it often fixes it if you map a drive to the pc via IP

Samuria, Jul 23, 2017
  5. What? I'm kinda confused. What do you mean by this? Is it the reason it always happens?

ToxicGhost57, Jul 23, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
Thema:

Can't host or join game

1. Can't host or join game - Similar Threads - Can't host join

2. Teredo is running fine but still can't join the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo is running fine but still can't join the game: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, the game is Forza Horizon 4. I’ve made sure that I have the latest updates. And I don’t have any NI software or services by NI.The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager but it is not there. I did...
  3. Teredo is running fine but still can't join the game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo is running fine but still can't join the game: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, the game is Forza Horizon 4. I’ve made sure that I have the latest updates. And I don’t have any NI software or services by NI.The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager but it is not there. I did...
  4. Teredo is running fine but still can't join the game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't join parties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't join parties: Whenever I try and join a party on windows 10 it says connecting then kicks me out teredo says its fine and I was talking to my friends in a party yesterday also I cant play windows 10 ark survival evolved at all says unable to sign into xbox live submitted by...
  6. Can't be joined by friends in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't be joined by friends in games: I am having a rather annoying issue. It seems that for some reason I am able to join friends in their games, but people can't join me in my games except for my roommate! For instance; I am able to join a friend in Dark Souls 3, but she can not join me. Besides that,...
  7. Can't host or join a game withe the Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't host or join a game withe the Game Pass: Hi, My friend can't host or join a game when we want to play games like Astroneer or Zoo Tycoon.But he can join or host when it's Age of empire or Worms. So the problem is obviously from Windows, we did everything on this page...
  8. Can't join xbox friends games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join xbox friends games.: I cant join my friends worlds through xbox, it says "Unable to connect world" What should i do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-xbox-friends-games/fffe92ef-85b1-4678-b932-00c468c81a54
  9. Can't join a realm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join a realm: I was invited to a realm and the invite doesn't show up when I play on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-a-realm/0553059d-e8d4-4406-ab10-9b25c528f7fa
  10. Hosting a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosting a game: I am hosting a game on my local network. I have other laptops connected to my network but I can't see them. How do I get them to join? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/hosting-a-game/17992b7d-0464-4ccd-9324-d5dcf952657b