Windows 10: Can't I just buy a product key?

Discus and support Can't I just buy a product key? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know, people think I am mental. Well you are right. I would personally just prefer to buy a product key and/or hard copy of Windows 10. Why can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by antspants, Jul 29, 2015.

1. antspants Win User

Can't I just buy a product key?

I know, people think I am mental. Well you are right.

I would personally just prefer to buy a product key and/or hard copy of Windows 10. Why can't I find anywhere to do this?

Yes I own 3 licensed copies of 8.1 pro

:)

antspants, Jul 29, 2015

2. Your Windows 10 license is expiring.

"can't I just buy a windows 10 product key and use that on this current one?"

No.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  3. dargouder Win User
    Your Windows 10 license is expiring.

can't I just buy a windows 10 product key and use that on this current one? doing a clean reinstall is quite a problem!

dargouder, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Can't I just buy a product key?

Me to I would buy it! Wont go backward to install Se7en because there was no installer in the box when I purchase the computer five years ago. So where I can buy Win Ten Pro?

MikeMecanic, Jul 29, 2015
  5. antspants Win User
    I say we start a protest against Microsoft giving away stuff for free. Start a movement. Even better, maybe someone could just direct me to a legitimate place to buy a key?

antspants, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Unfortunately, it appears that Microsoft are focused on their Upgrade process at the moment, and you cannot purchase it yet in the UK.

However, some digging found this > Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store
    Hopefully they will get something on there soon.

As for Physical media, as far as i am aware, MS declared a discontinuation for physical media, meaning you will need to create it yourself anyway.

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  8. z3r010 Win User

z3r010, Jul 29, 2015
  9. z3r010 Win User
    Looks like we all had the same idea.

z3r010, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
    You can pre-order from SCAN and maybe a couple of other places.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  11. antspants Win User
    Why thank you peoples.
    It would seem Ive been of the internet so long I've forgotten how to use it.

antspants, Jul 29, 2015
  12. antspants Win User
    isn't that funny. But your right, although I just found a local mob that I buy hardware from that are selling the following
    Microsoft Windows Professional 10 32-bit/64-bit USB Flash Drive and its actually cheaper than MS Australia.

It would now appear I have regained my ability to use the internet.

antspants, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't I just buy a product key? - Similar Threads - Can't buy product

2. How to buy a Product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to buy a Product key?: I have Windows 10 home installed on my computer which it is not activated.So I need to buy a product key to activate it. I have checked Microsoft website and Microsoft store but I can find the link to buy a product key. Can anyone help me to buy a product key for Windows 10...
  3. How to buy a Product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to buy a Product key?: I have Windows 10 home installed on my computer which it is not activated.So I need to buy a product key to activate it. I have checked Microsoft website and Microsoft store but I can find the link to buy a product key. Can anyone help me to buy a product key for Windows 10...
  4. How to buy a Product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  6. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  7. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Buy a License Key or Product Ley

Buy a License Key or Product Ley: How to buy a license key or product key? Do I can Buy it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-a-license-key-or-product-ley/eb8dd9f7-03f1-49a7-9b7c-5dada28704e9
  9. buying a product key for Enterprise

buying a product key for Enterprise: I have an old computer running Wind****censed to a corporation. I am being asked to use my organization's product key to reauthorize, but I want to subscribe or buy my own license. Can I do that, or will adding a new product key be a problem with the existing Windows?...
  10. Buying Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Product Keys: I am looking to find a website to buy Windows 10 keys, I also need them to be reliable, if going to the MS store and buying w10 pro for msrp is the only option I have then so be it. Thanks for any input. submitted by /u/StockVortec [link] [comments]...