Windows 10: Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email...

Discus and support Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Im trying to stat up a brand new gaming laptop and the first thing it requires is to log into the microsoft account. I am getting an error message of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Angela Pflieger-Jasmund, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email...

Im trying to stat up a brand new gaming laptop and the first thing it requires is to log into the microsoft account. I am getting an error message of 'this account doesn't exist' and when trying to establish a new one it says 'can't use a work or school account' I cannot use my personal outlook account or I will get all of my personal computer info logged onto this work laptop. I successfully logged into the account on a coworkers laptop as well as on my personal phone to get email, so I know the account and password is good. what do I do from here to get into the computer and get to a w

:)

Angela Pflieger-Jasmund, Dec 6, 2023

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 6, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email...

New laptop can't log in

I bought a new laptop and wiped everything from the old one. When I was setting my new one I skipped logging in Microsoft account. Later, when I was asked to log in to my account I've just typed the old password but it didn't worked. Then with phone help
    I've changed password but it still said that it is the wrong password. I can log in to my account on phone using the same email and password and it's working, but not on a laptop. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SilvijaAniukstyte, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email...

1. Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email... - Similar Threads - Can't initialize laptop

2. I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.: I can't even log on because the 0 key doesn't work. I haven't had this laptop near any liquid, so that's not it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-my-laptop-because-the-0-key-is-not/2d7064aa-fb8b-4b32-8b78-592c109a4f38
  3. I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into my laptop because the "0" key is not working.: I can't even log on because the 0 key doesn't work. I haven't had this laptop near any liquid, so that's not it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-my-laptop-because-the-0-key-is-not/2d7064aa-fb8b-4b32-8b78-592c109a4f38
  4. Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email...

Can't initialize a new laptop because I cant log into ms account because it is a work email...: Im trying to stat up a brand new gaming laptop and the first thing it requires is to log into the microsoft account. I am getting an error message of 'this account doesn't exist' and when trying to establish a new one it says 'can't use a work or school account' I cannot use...
  5. I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin: I can't access my laptop at all because I'm unable to set up a new pin. The message says 'your pin is not longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up a your pin again'. The problem is when I try, there isn't a new window only the...
  6. I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin: I can't access my laptop at all because I'm unable to set up a new pin. The message says 'your pin is not longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up a your pin again'. The problem when I try, there isn't a new window only the...
  7. I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin

I can't log in into my laptop because I can't set up a new pin: I can't access my laptop at all because I'm unable to set up a new pin. The message says 'your pin is not longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up a your pin again'. The problem when I try, there isn't a new window only the...
  8. Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello": Hello, I did not buy MS Hello as I didn't want it, I reset my computer and updated it to its most recent update as I was switching from HDD to SSD, now I want to log into my MS word and One Note which had some very important things in it. Now when I sign in to my Microsoft...
  9. Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted: Hi all, Would really appreciate some thorough help on this. I recently set up a Microsoft account for my niece and used it to log in to a new computer intended to be give to her. I downloaded any programmes she'd need like Office and such, then logged out and shut down the...
  10. Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into laptop because of defaultuser0: I decided to fully wipe my drive on my laptop and after everything was done it got stuck on the just a moment screen for hours. I decided to restart my laptop and when it came back to the login screen defaultuser0 replaced my existing account. All the options I've found...