Windows 10: Can't install driver for Intel 82567-2 Gigabit Network Connection?

Discus and support Can't install driver for Intel 82567-2 Gigabit Network Connection? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, trying to install latest driver for my Network Adapter & I must be doing something wrong. Found at Intel this driver which appears to be most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dogpark, Mar 17, 2016.

1. dogpark Win User

Can't install driver for Intel 82567-2 Gigabit Network Connection?

Hi,
    trying to install latest driver for my Network Adapter & I must be doing something wrong.

Found at Intel this driver which appears to be most current = Network Adapter Gigabit Base Driver for FreeBSD* Driver Date = 2/5/2016, Driver version = 7.6.1 (latest)

Downloaded em-7.6.1.tar.gz & I used 7-Zip to Extract Here which created a file name of em-7.6.1.tar, then used 7-Zip again to Extract Here (or untar) to create em-7.6.1. However all that exists in the newly created em-7.6.1 folder is an src file & a couple of readme's.
    In other words there is no Application or .exe as I would expect to see in a driver install. I did from Device Manger try to update the driver by browsing to the src file & was told I already had the best driver installed.

Currently the driver I have installed is dated 6/25/12, version 10.1.10.1 & is provided by Microsoft.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Did I unzip/untar inappropriately?

thank you,
    richie

:)

dogpark, Mar 17, 2016

2. Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver related problems

After installing Windows 10, my ethernet connection comes up with an error: "The Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. After trying to install new drivers, another error showed up preventing
    me from installing the update, it read: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer. Now I can't connect to the internet.

No solution that I've tried so far has worked

AndrewTasker, Mar 17, 2016
  3. DavidG59 Win User
    Unable to navigate to any page other than bing.com

Thank Shane.

It turns out that the problem was a hardware problem. I updated the drivers for my Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection with generic drivers from the Intel site and that solved the internet connection issue. Hope that helps anyone with similar problems.
    Now if I could only find windows 10 compatible drivers for my older Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection card, I will be set.

DavidG59, Mar 17, 2016
  4. dogpark Win User

So I tried to install a Windows 7 compatible version of the driver software = ProWin64.exe (version 20.7). The installer tells me No Intel adapters are present on this computer. That is the same msg the Intel Driver Update Utility gave me.
    I can see quite clearly in the Device Manger the Network Adapter is Intel(R) 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Controller ??

When I installed PROWin64 ver 20.1 under Windows 7 it went in fine. In fact I ran ver 20.1 again just now & it too said No Intel Adapters.
    Does Windows 10 not recognize my Intel Network Adapter? It must because if I uninstall it & reboot Windows immediately re-installs a driver for that adapter.

This PC originally came with Windows Vista & the OEM/Dell driver download is very old = 2008. I will give it another try.
    10 mins later:
    Hmm... the Dell driver download R200392 also generated - No Intel Network Connections found on this Computer. No Drivers were installed.

Curious *Confused Perhaps needs to be run in compatibility mode?

thank you

dogpark, Mar 17, 2016
  5. pbcopter Win User
    pbcopter, Mar 17, 2016
  6. dogpark Win User
    Thanks for the reply pbcopter

This is occurring on my Desktop = Dell Studio XPS 435MT.
    My system specs are for the laptop which I first upgraded to Win 10. The laptop has been stable, no issues.

I will change my system specs to reflect the XPS 435MT.

dogpark, Mar 17, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    I'm not surprised that FreeBSD drivers didn't help you with Windows 10. (I presume that "OS independent" refers to various Unix variants, perhaps including Linux.)

Did you try the 20.7 drivers in Compatibility mode? I doubt that it'd work, but I doubt that it'd do any harm.

The obvious choice is to continue using whatever drivers work for you now.

bobkn, Mar 17, 2016
  8. dogpark Win User

I have not tried to install in compatibility mode.

This driver works fine but once a month or so my PC pulls a BSOD & WinDbg tells me:
    Code: BugCheck 9F, Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisPauseFilterInner+7628 )DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time Arg2: ffffe0011bf0a060, Physical Device Object of the stack Arg3: fffff80290933ad0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack Arg4: ffffe00125d2f010, The blocked IRP[/quote]
    Most all the info I can find on this points to a Network Driver & almost always a Realtek driver update. Thus I have been trying to locate an Intel driver update.
    Suppose I should post to the BSOD section but kinda tired of always asking for help & I have been attempting to learn how to analyze dumps. Not very well I guess.

thanks,
    richie

dogpark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't install driver for Intel 82567-2 Gigabit Network Connection? - Similar Threads - Can't install driver

2. Intel 82578dc gigabit network connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 82578dc gigabit network connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related...: Have checked device manager for updates and "best driver already installed ". The adapter listed under device manager settings, network adapters "cannot start. Code 10 operation failed." Problem started after PC was in sleep mode for 2 hours. No problems beforehand. Please...
  3. Intel 82578dc gigabit network connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 82578dc gigabit network connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related...: Have checked device manager for updates and "best driver already installed ". The adapter listed under device manager settings, network adapters "cannot start. Code 10 operation failed." Problem started after PC was in sleep mode for 2 hours. No problems beforehand. Please...
  4. Intel 82578dc gigabit network connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection: I use a wired Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection on my venerable ASUS X79 Deluxe Motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0. All was well until I installed Security Update KB5010342 and Servicing Stack...
  6. KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection: I use a wired Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection on my venerable ASUS X79 Deluxe Motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0. All was well until I installed Security Update KB5010342 and Servicing Stack...
  7. KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Recurring LAN Disconnection - "Intel Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected"

Recurring LAN Disconnection - "Intel Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected": My LAN connection seems to be disconnecting and reconnecting when under high load, ie streaming. I believe it also does this when I boot the computer up, but the issue causes any high-load streaming to buffer consistently because of the cycling connection. The issue is...
  9. gigabit network connection

gigabit network connection: I have lost my network on my desk top. I have tried downloading the drivers to a USB and installing them but system says corrupt files I Have done a fresh install of windows 10 and still no network. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?...
  10. Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network driver fails after boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network driver fails after boot: Hi Everyone, I am having a problem with my network card, every time when my PC boots it doesn't load network card drivers properly in order for card to work I have to manually go to device manager and click "Scan for hardware changes", it seems like some sort of driver...