Windows 10: Can't install driver GF 9600M GT

Discus and support Can't install driver GF 9600M GT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I did a install of Windows 10 on Sony Vaio VGN-AW41MF. It uses the GF 9600M GT graphics card but I can't seem to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattTheMedic, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Can't install driver GF 9600M GT

Hello everyone,

I did a install of Windows 10 on Sony Vaio VGN-AW41MF.
    It uses the GF 9600M GT graphics card but I can't seem to install the driver.
    The driver install program from Sony support doesn't work and I can't find another one anywhere that works.
    When I install the Nvidia Windows 10 drivers it says 'no compatible hardware'' eventhough the 9600 is listed on the download page. The card isn't listed in device manager, just Microsoft basic display adapter.

UPDATE: Restored back to Windows 7

:)

MattTheMedic, Aug 6, 2015

2. "White" Windows 10 taskbar icons appearing incorrectly on my PC

Hello,

I have one question. How did you install nvidia driver for 9600M GT ?

I'm stuck at this point...

Thanks

NicolasCohen, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Update is stalled

Windows has been installing an update for several days, stuck at 9%. Says: NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, Waiting for download. I have other updates that won't run because this is holding it up. How do I either force the update or
    get rid of it? Thanks.

BonnieR243, Aug 6, 2015
  4. ShowsOn Win User

Can't install driver GF 9600M GT

Did you try the generic drivers from the nVidia website?
    Drivers | GeForce

You can delete the generic microsoft display adapter and then run the nVidia installer

ShowsOn, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Can't install driver GF 9600M GT

1. Can't install driver GF 9600M GT - Similar Threads - Can't install driver

2. Drivers not installing for GT 730

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Drivers not installing for GT 730: Drivers not installing Specs: Xeon X3430 GT 730 ddr3 Windows 10 Home For some reason whenever I try to install drivers for my Gt 730 its says that "it is not compatible with this version of Windows." Whenever I try to play games like Valorant, my game crashes. I have tried...
  3. Drivers not installing for GT 730

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers not installing for GT 730: Drivers not installing Specs: Xeon X3430 GT 730 ddr3 Windows 10 Home For some reason whenever I try to install drivers for my Gt 730 its says that "it is not compatible with this version of Windows." Whenever I try to play games like Valorant, my game crashes. I have tried...
  4. huion gt-185 tablet drivers

huion gt-185 tablet drivers: can anyone out there help me with drivers that work with this tablet. The display works but the pen function keeps failing. I have downloaded the drivers umpteen times from Huion there web site is useless, also i can not find where to get a new pen(even Huion does not respond...
  5. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  6. Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card

Driver for 9800 GT Graphics Card: I am trying to fix my nephew's old Athlon PC which currently has a 9800GT in it. The driver's I have found either BSOD or black screen. If I connect the PC to the internet it downloads a driver which then black screens. Has anyone successfully set up this card on Windows 10?...
  7. gf

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    gf: 'l; ' hh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gf/60b6d820-f69e-41da-af22-88e704a70f84"
  8. Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install

Geforce GT 640 graphics driver won't install: Hi. I have a pre-built Asus desktop computer that came with OEM Geforce GT 640. The desktop came with Windows 8. In the past I upgraded to Windows 10. However, I just recently got an SSD (upgrade from HDD) and want to start fresh. If I install windows 8 from the media that...
  9. GT 420M driver problem

GT 420M driver problem: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit (from Windows 8.1). Everything is fine, but I can't watch movies. When is played the movie freezes randomly for second, but audio is not affected. I tried many players - my default PotPlayer, Windows Media Player, MPC-HC, VLC,...
  10. NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT compatibility

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT compatibility: I'm currently using W7 Home Premium and would like to upgrade to W10 but I'm concerned my Nvidia graphics card is incompatible. W7 has offered an update for it but it screwed up my display so I rolled back to the previous version, driver 7.15.11.7620 dated 19 July 2008. My...