Windows 10: Can't Install Fonts in Win10Pro64 Anniversary Edition

Discus and support Can't Install Fonts in Win10Pro64 Anniversary Edition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi...I'll admit it, I need help. I have an extensive collection of fonts that are totally different from the limited Win10 array. For example:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Florida Rene, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Can't Install Fonts in Win10Pro64 Anniversary Edition

Hi...I'll admit it, I need help.

I have an extensive collection of fonts that are totally different from the limited Win10 array. For example: Clearface and Korinna in many weights and styles.

My highly-efficient and wonderful Font Navigator 4.1.0 does not seem to work since I let Win10 install its Anniversary Edition.

I also tried copying *.ttf font files into the c:\windows\fonts folder to no avail, getting this error message: "This file cannot be copied due to an access violation." I have also received: "Access denied."

These same fonts worked perfectly prior to Anniversary Edition.

Unfortunately, I have many, many docs and pubs that use my fonts which are not in the MS set, and I need to update and revise them frequently. This forum has been immensely helpful in the past, and I am hoping that one of the resident gurus can give this non-technie a way out of this perplexing conundrum.

:)

Florida Rene, Dec 18, 2016

2. Font/ icon size in Windows 10!

After installing Anniversary Update, my font settings were all changed - making the fonts too small. I only want to change the size of the fonts. The knowledge base does not have any instructions. The slider will only increase everything. If you can't
    help, then I MUST get rid of the Anniversary Update. I have spent 2 hours digging through all these help and knowledge base screens. Nothing works! Looks like the gem stone for this anniversary is....junk!

bostnbilly, Dec 18, 2016
  3. Gator4814 Win User
    Creator's Update - Courier New

I had to take one PC on my network back to Anniversary because of losing keyboard and mouse on KVM switch. The 4 courier new font 6.90 look great. So I copy them to an directory. Switch over to Creator and delete the 4 courier new font 6.90. Went to my directory
    and installed the Anniversary 4 courier new font 6.90. I was now expecting Creator to look as good as the Anniversary but they look as bad as before. So its not the fonts. Its the program that uses the fonts.

Gator4814, Dec 18, 2016
  4. Can't Install Fonts in Win10Pro64 Anniversary Edition

I found a solution. Disregard yesterday's post.

Florida Rene, Dec 19, 2016
Thema:

Can't Install Fonts in Win10Pro64 Anniversary Edition

1. Can't Install Fonts in Win10Pro64 Anniversary Edition - Similar Threads - Can't Install Fonts

2. Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition: I redeemed a game code in the microsoft store (the standard sea of thieves) but there are 2 "versions" of the game. One is the standard edition and the other is the anniversary edition, i own the simple one but not the other one. Do i get to play sea of thieves without any...
  3. Error Installing Sea Of Thieves Anniversary Edition on Dell Precision 7730...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Installing Sea Of Thieves Anniversary Edition on Dell Precision 7730...: I purchased the game Sea Of Thieves from Amazon and received a code to redeem in the Windows store. I successfully redeemed the code and showed the game in my library. When the program started to download, it would go for about 3-5 seconds and then fail. The error code...
  4. Can't install a Truetype font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install a Truetype font: Hi, I install quite a few fonts, so am no stranger to the process, however, I have been having difficulty in installing a particular font which I can only find in Truetype format. I am getting the error message 'Invalid font file' and it looks as if the previous ones I have...
  5. Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites: The "anniversary edition" failed to import the Edge favorites from the previous edition. I have full backups, so restoring files/folders is an option. However, simply putting back the old Edge app storage location...
  6. Error when updating to anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error when updating to anniversary edition: My laptop just popped up with the update for w10 home edition to the new anniversary edition. I ran the update and after all was said and done (no obvious errors or messages) I got the message that an error occurred and the error code was 0x80010108.... I tried again a couple...
  7. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  8. Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Cortana Anniversary edition: Just upgraded to Anniversary version. Ho do I turn off Cortana in my Anniversary Edition ? Tks 64362
  9. Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Good morning every one. I realize we're all suffering from boredom while waiting for the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10, but I'm trying to make plans for a clean install and the apps I will want to add. I figure I'm not alone in this quest, so I thought we could all weigh...
  10. Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition: The Windows 10 Update Assistant says: [img] The current OS on the target machine is Windows 10 Enterprise v 1511. I've got access to the Anniversary Update iso but before I try installing it I wondered if anyone else has run the gauntlet. Thanks, Simon 60713