Windows 10: cant install games for windows live for fallout 3

Discus and support cant install games for windows live for fallout 3 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I've been trying to play fallout 3, but unfortunately that means I have to install games for windows live, and it wont work. i download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WintertheMute, Mar 14, 2016.

1. cant install games for windows live for fallout 3

Hey guys, so I've been trying to play fallout 3, but unfortunately that means I have to install games for windows live, and it wont work. i download the installer and run it, it says success, then I launch it, and it tells me that it's not installed. Then it sends me to a page to download the installer i've already downloaded. This is getting quite annoying, can anyone help me?
    Thanks

:)

WintertheMute, Mar 14, 2016

2. Games for Windows Live will not download and install for Windows 10

So back then, the game was actually Fallout 3 GOTY. I was able to play the game without Games for Windows Live. There was some redistributable file that I installed that came with the game that was in a folder or something. I was able to run Fallout 3
    GOTY on Windows 10 no issues.

zomburgerz, Mar 14, 2016
  3. remlac1 Win User
    Fallout 3 not working on Windows 10

Is there any way I can make fallout 3 work on windows 10????

remlac1, Mar 14, 2016
  4. cant install games for windows live for fallout 3

ComedyCarnage, Mar 15, 2016
  5. That worked, thanks! But now, when I start the program it says "Connection error: can't start the program. There may be a problem with your internet connection or the live service." My internet connection is fine though.

WintertheMute, Mar 15, 2016
  6. have you allowed GFW through your firewall?

ComedyCarnage, Mar 15, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    Have a look though the following article too, which gives a bit of info for fixing online connectivity problems and also contains a link to the 'troubleshooting GFWL connection problems' on the official xbox website:

http://www.howtogeek.com/245780/how-...on-windows-10/

ARC1020, Mar 15, 2016
  8. cant install games for windows live for fallout 3

Hmm, I tried all the things listed in that article, none of them made a difference. On a side note, it mentioned a mod that would make it not use gfwl, but when I tried to install it, it said that a fallout 3 ini file was missing. Thanks for the repsonse, though.

WintertheMute, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cant install games for windows live for fallout 3

1. cant install games for windows live for fallout 3 - Similar Threads - cant install games

2. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fallout 3: Not able to run on steam missing dll files and just not working through steam on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/34df14e8-206e-4cf3-ba25-940c0e6b80f5
  3. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  4. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  5. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: Trying to play fallout 3 on steam. I get this error message " the ordinal 43 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/windows/system32\xlive.dill." All research I have done on the matter seems to suggest this is an issue with Games for Windows Live. Have tried...
  7. Fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3: So, the last time I ran F/O-3 was back under XP or 97, now, of course it's Win/10 & it will not run. But a work around talks about A file, gfwlivesetup.exe. But I get an error msg. says combatability issues, just running THAT file. Any Ideas? I like the game Oldie, but a...
  8. Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3: I have a physical copy of fallout 3 but no optical drive on my laptop. I would like to activate this key on my windows live account to be able to download and play it. Is there a way to do this or is my copy of the game worthless?...
  9. fallout 3 will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fallout 3 will not open: hi there readers. I bought fallout 3:special edition (in disc form) and installed both discs on my laptop. When I went back to disc 1 to open it ,the menu was there, but when I pressed start, it said ``could not locate file in c:/windows/system32/xlive.dll``. I found someone...
  10. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: I bought Fallout 3 goty on steam and am having massive difficulty getting it to work right, any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/b7932775-7bbd-4e9c-a956-da19abfdb333

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live fallout 3

2. games for windows live fallout 3

3. fallout 3 games for windows live fix

4. windows live fallout 3 download,
  5. windows live game download for fallout 3,
  6. Fallout 3 games for windows live no connection,
  7. windows live application for fallout 3,
  8. installing fallout 3 without live,
  9. games for windows download fallout 3,
  10. fallout 3 cant install windows games live windows 10,
  11. games4windows live fallout 3,