Windows 10: Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing

Discus and support Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I need to install Google Cloud Print in my computer, as it is the only way for me to share a printer on my network (it's a long story, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pcuaron, Nov 3, 2016.

1. pcuaron Win User

Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing

Hello. I need to install Google Cloud Print in my computer, as it is the only way for me to share a printer on my network (it's a long story, but believe me). The installer debugs this error message:

Code: [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(370)] Unable to open printer [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(320)] Print driver is already uninstalled. [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(263)] File is missing: XPSSVCS.DLL [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(305)] Unable to add printer driver [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(402)] Unable to install driver. [1103/184546:INFO:setup.cc(543)] The specified printer driver was not found on the system and needs to be downloaded. HRESULT=0x80070bcb[/quote] It appears it requires some Windows 7-era XPS printing feature that was removed on Windows 8+. The old style control panel Windows' features list says that all the XPS software is installed, though. I've tryed to install what the Google Cloud Print page links to, a Vista-era MSFT complement to Windows (Download Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack from Official Microsoft Download Center), but the installer says that the signing certificate is invalid. And I can't find XPSSVCS.DLL on the .cab files of the installers.

I REALLY need to install Google Cloud Print. Any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks!!

Edit: here's a support post that may or may not help https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...ail?id=267207#

:)

pcuaron, Nov 3, 2016
  2. Kamal DS Win User

Windows phone 8.1 Pdf printing issue.

Printing while not natively supported by windows phone 8, can be done by making use of Google Cloud Print and

kumoprint
    combo. You can find my guide
    here at nokiaviews
    . Basically install kumo print on your windows phone and Google cloud print on your computer. Enter credentials of Google account in Kumo print and voil .

The upcoming version, Windows 10 Mobile will have excellent printing support built in.

Kamal DS, Nov 3, 2016
  3. jaznyc Win User
    When Will Windows Phone get Google Cloud Print?

Google Cloud Print is platform agnostic.

There are 3 ways GCP can be available on Windows Phone:

1. A mobile web (HTML) app uses the Google Cloud Print APIs and/or widget to print via GCP (easy)
    2. A native Windows Phone apps uses the Google Cloud Print APIs and/or widget to print via GCP (easy)
    3. Microsoft adds native support for GCP to Windows Phone... or there is some way for a 3rd party to build such an extension.

More about google cloud print supported apps: Google

jaznyc, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing

1. Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing - Similar Threads - Can't install Google

2. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  3. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  4. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .dll Missing files for creative cloud?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .dll Missing files for creative cloud?: the code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found. The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Both these messages have popped up when I try to open adobe creative cloud- I have uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted my laptop,...
  6. Missing dll in Windows Installer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing dll in Windows Installer: I have 2 Win 10 laptops Thinkpad 220x and Dell Inspiron 14. I am unable to install my desktop based income tax programme only on the Dell. The error says that there is an unnamed missing dll in Windiws installer. I have no other problems with all my other apps on the Dell...
  7. Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020: Google has announced that Cloud Print, its cloud-based printing solution, is being retired at the end of next year. It's an early heads up, yes, but it's a necessary one. Cloud Print is pretty widely used. Google recommends that users of Cloud Print identify an alternative...
  8. error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC: I get the following message when trying to install google cloud print to my windows PC: "the installer encountered and error 0x80070704; The specified port is unknown". Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you!...
  9. Cloud Print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloud Print: Hi, I do not to install my printer on my local PC/ Lappy. instead I want to print directly from my MD office or word directly to my printer using a cloud (like Google) Q2. I need to install my printer in MS cloud / One Drive Please guide me step by Step...
  10. Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds: I have the latest build for Windows 10 Pro installed. I just downloaded virtualprintersetup.exe from the Google site. The driver fails to install, no error code. I see other locked threads where this has been a problem in the past. How do I fix this installation problem?...