Windows 10: Can't install google photos desktop on my windows 10

Discus and support Can't install google photos desktop on my windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't seem to install it. I've read older closed threads and tried everything without success (disabling ipv6, turning firewall off, deleting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Javier Trincado, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Can't install google photos desktop on my windows 10

I can't seem to install it. I've read older closed threads and tried everything without success (disabling ipv6, turning firewall off, deleting GoogleUpdate.exe key, etc)

has anyone confronted the same issue? it opens, says its downloading and then it says that the installation is complete and nothing else happens *cry

:)

Javier Trincado, Feb 16, 2018

2. Google Chrome closes

When I try to post a photo from Google photos to facebook Google Chrome flashes and then closes. I can't re-open Google Chrome until I restart the lap top.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

CherieMorreale, Feb 16, 2018
  3. Photo App/Tile for Windows 10 Desktop similar to old Windows 7 Photos Gadget?

Is there a tile or app I can place on my Windows 10 Desktop that would always display a photos slide show like the old Photos Gadget did in Windows 7? I found something that would change the whole desktop background with photos, but I just want something
    small like I had with the Photos Gadget/Widget I had with Windows 7. The old gadget used to let me view a particular photo that was displaying at the time and open it in my favorite photo editor if I wanted to as well.

I know there is a tile in the startup menu that seems to do this, but I can't seem to pin it to the desktop.

I know there are others out there who are interested in this as well, but I haven't been able to find a solution using Bing or Google.

Thanks!

John London, Feb 16, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Can't install google photos desktop on my windows 10

Hi, being unfamiliar with the program, and assuming it's a desktop program rather than a Store app, could you post a link to that? Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Javier Trincado, Feb 16, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, initially it seemed I had to run the stub installer in Win 8 compatibility mode (before it started to download)- then it installed ok.

Can't install google photos desktop on my windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 16, 2018
  7. swarfega Win User
    I seem to remember that the program was discontinued on the Windows platform a while ago.

You might want to read this how-to for pointers.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't install google photos desktop on my windows 10

1. Can't install google photos desktop on my windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't install google

2. Can't install Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Google Drive: I downloaded the Google Drive Setup file for Google Drive Desktop. It turns out that I'm stuck because of an error message. The error message was, 'This Windows architecture is not supported' which I do not have any certainty of why this is happening....
  3. Can't install Google Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Google Drive: I downloaded the Google Drive Setup file for Google Drive Desktop. It turns out that I'm stuck because of an error message. The error message was, 'This Windows architecture is not supported' which I do not have any certainty of why this is happening....
  4. Uninstall google photos, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall google photos, windows 10: Good morning, I'm trying to uninstall google drive from my windows 10, I go to uninstall and it says you must quit syncing first, well I've paused sync for 2 hours per instructions and turned it off on my phone as well, I still can't uninstall, what am I not doing correctly?...
  5. Uninstall google photos, windows 10

Uninstall google photos, windows 10: Good morning, I'm trying to uninstall google drive from my windows 10, I go to uninstall and it says you must quit syncing first, well I've paused sync for 2 hours per instructions and turned it off on my phone as well, I still can't uninstall, what am I not doing correctly?...
  6. Can't Install Google Earth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Google Earth: I have been trying to install google earth on my computer for a while today and it will not work. Do you know what is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-google-earth/d22515d9-64a4-476a-85a4-ea982e8a7291
  7. Can't Install Google Earth

Can't Install Google Earth: I have been trying to install google earth on my computer for a while today and it will not work. Do you know what is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-google-earth/d22515d9-64a4-476a-85a4-ea982e8a7291
  8. Can't Install Google Earth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Google photos

Google photos: Not sure if this can be done but I'll try. My son was in a wedding yesterday and he sent 20 pictures to my phone, I have an android, can these pictures be somehow put into google photos? I have windows 10, version 10.0.19041 Build. 180318
  10. Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos: I few months ago I uploaded photos to an album in my Google Photos account (on my PC Windows 10), then shared that album. I tried going back into that album today and could not find either the photos or the album. However, I can still view the photos via the shared link...