Windows 10: Can't install iTunes on new Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Can't install iTunes on new Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm in the process of migrating from an old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. I am attempting to download and install iTunes on the new machine, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Smiley1, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Smiley1 Win User

Can't install iTunes on new Windows 10 laptop

I'm in the process of migrating from an old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. I am attempting to download and install iTunes on the new machine, and when I try to run the downloaded .exe, I get an error message that this app can't run on this version of windows.

The new laptop has Windows 10 1607, running Defender. Not much else installed at this point. I did have trouble getting the iTunes download and eventually found it worked if I used my iPhone's hotspot rather than my regular satellite ISP. I downloaded via Firefox to the Download folder. I am trying again through the Edge browser. It is the 64 bit version I am downloading, not sure what the problem is. I have version 12.5.1.21 on the old laptop and am attempting to install 12.5.2 on the new one.

I am not willing to do a third download of this nature on my iPhone's data plan, but I do consider iTunes an essential item, as I have backups of several devices on my Windows PC's and these are documents I cannot afford to lose.

What am I missing here, or is this a case of the big software giants not playing nicely together again?

I have an installer file for iTunes 12.3.x on the old laptop. Should I just copy it to the new laptop and try running that and if that works, just update it? (Not that THAT process always goes so gracefully either...I often run into situations where Apple programs won't update on the Windows platforms because of digital signatures or something.)

:)

Smiley1, Oct 29, 2016

2. iTune installation error in window 10

Just bought new laptop with window 10, but can't complete iTune installation. it says "errors occurred during the installation before iTunes could be configured." What should I do to complete iTune installation?

MandyBlake, Oct 29, 2016
  3. itunes will not install on windows 10

I've tried to install iTunes too since buying a new laptop and upgrading to windows 10 immediatly. I cannot download it and have exactly the same problems.

I have tried installing through capability and it just says that the iTunes programme is not compatible. surely that can't be right!

Please help

pompeypearly, Oct 29, 2016
  4. Smiley1 Win User

Aha, had to run it from within the Edge browser....Leaving this here in case anyone else is searching for an answer to this as well.

Smiley1, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't install iTunes on new Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Can't install iTunes

2. Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop: Win 10 Pro x64, 21H2. I've had iTunes as a standalone on my PC for a long time. Recently, when I went to update, I ended up in the MS store and with that version. When I realized there was a difference, I uninstalled it and tried to update via the standalone version, but that...
  3. Can't download and install iTunes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download and install iTunes.: Trying to download iTunes on my Windows 10 machine. The only option appears to be from the Microsoft store I used to download directly from Apple but appears as if I can't do this anymore. I choose 'GET' and the button that says 'install' is greyed out and right above it...
  4. Deleting old iTunes, installing new iTunes to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting old iTunes, installing new iTunes to Windows 10: I spent the better part of 2 months trying to resolve a problem loading iTunes/Windows 10 new versions. I've had two iTunes customer support case numbers and spoke to 5 different technicians, all to no avail. I finally got Jasmine/iTunes this morning and she lead me to...
  5. Installed Itunes in Windows 10, asks for new driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed Itunes in Windows 10, asks for new driver.: Please comment on what driver and where to get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-itunes-in-windows-10-asks-for-new-driver/6eb60699-4b5d-4de2-9501-0ce20b7bba89
  6. Can't install iTunes in my Microsoft Laptop

Can't install iTunes in my Microsoft Laptop: I try to install iTunes in my Microsoft Laptop. But it always prompt 'Where do you want to install?' It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft Account...
  7. Can't install iTunes.

Can't install iTunes.: I recently got a new laptop and I tried installing iTunes so I can sync my it with my phone. I opened the Microsoft Store but the "Install" button is in gray so that means that it can't be downloaded. Above, I can see that it says that "You own this app." but I can't install...
  8. iTunes downloaded, but can't install

iTunes downloaded, but can't install: Hi, I am having some trouble installing iTunes on my laptop. I have Windows 10 and I have downloaded the app, but when I attempt to install it, my device is not appearing in the location to install page. How can I navigate past this? My device is registered to my...
  9. itunes on new laptop windows 10 not compatable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    itunes on new laptop windows 10 not compatable: as above any ideas to get this to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/itunes-on-new-laptop-windows-10-not-compatable/55befbe6-a136-4963-80b0-8243e5fcc423
  10. Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10

Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10: Hi All, I just upgraded to Windows 10 at the end of July. I've been having problems removing programmes or adding some new programmes, e.g. iTunes. Recently tried to update my iTunes but to no avail! Great difficulty in removing the existing iTunes programme. Had to use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows can not install itunes no registered devices