Windows 10: Can't install Killer Networking

Discus and support Can't install Killer Networking in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I am having an issue which has only recently shown up. I upgraded to Win 10 from 7 and it was almost 100% faultless, minor minutia. I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pendaws, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Pendaws Win User

Can't install Killer Networking

Hi all, I am having an issue which has only recently shown up. I upgraded to Win 10 from 7 and it was almost 100% faultless, minor minutia.
    I had to add a couple of programmes again and I also had to chase a couple of drivers but NOTHING major at all. I was able to update the
    Killer networking programme a few days later with NO issue what so ever but, now I am finding that I cannot do it this time and, I cannot even
    use an earlier version to update it. *Sad
    Current Version: 1.1.56.1570
    Previous Versions: 1.1.53.1484, 1.1.55.1538

I emailed Killer support and they asked me to send a debug log of the programme and I received an Email from them this morning and
    I truly do not know what else to do?? I disabled my Malwarebytes and added to my Avast list the folder I used to install from and also the file itself as
    I find I cannot shut down Avast?? There are NO other programmes but the ones that come with Windows 10 running?????
    Interestingly, I tried to use compatibility mode and it said that the programme was not suitable for Windows 8 and yet, it is listed for 7,8,10??
    I was so desperate that I even got the programme from Gigabyte and it won't install either so, I am of the opinion that there is a setting
    somewhere in windows 10 that is causing it?
    Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. *Smile

:)

Pendaws, Sep 16, 2015
  2. Morasder Win User

No internet (Killer E2200) after update Windows 10

Already tried that while following the Killer Networking guide I mentioned in my original post. But figured I would try so again, using the Driver Only this time.

First of all, this Killer stuff is hard to get rid off. Following the guides of Killer Networking themselves, I closed all Killer related processesses and services in the Task manager and removed all killer related apps in the Apps and Features (Killer Drivers
    / Killer Performance Driver Suite / The Killer Performance Suite removed).

Because one of the apps was giving trouble uninstalling, following another Killer Networking guide, I removed everything with the Killer Removal Tool. This did not help. Then used the Windows tool to remove blocking apps to remove everything Killer related
    (including Killer Network Manager). After that there were no more Killer apps in the Apps and Features, and the Windows tool did not list any more Killer processes. Somehow though, Killer Control Center survived this onslaught and is sitting there mockingly
    on my desktop and starting automatically every time I restart. I cannot get it away.

Anyway, since the drivers were gone, I installed the driver only version, restarted the computer, but still can't access the network.

I am baffled by how much trouble this is causing, and also by how many guides Killer Networking has to deal or bypass with their products, and it still does not work.

Morasder, Sep 16, 2015
  3. ikiya13 Win User
    Network in task manager always showing 0

I did not have this problem before installing the Killer Ethernet Drivers. It's not crucial that I fix this but it is kind of annoying that I have to go to the performance tab to see my network usage and I can't even see which applications are using how
    much of it. I am using Killer Network Drivers version 1.1.57.1125.

ikiya13, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Pendaws Win User

Well, after reading a couple of posts about problems with installing some programmes on Windows 10 and some
    people who replied mentioned using the Administrator account and, I found out how to make this account visible
    from this site:http://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/12/how...rator-account/.
    I was able to log on as the Administrator, added a password and proceeded to install the LATEST Killer networking
    programme with NO issues.

I hope this will save someone a headache?

Pendaws, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't install Killer Networking - Similar Threads - Can't install Killer

2. Uninstall Killer Network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Killer Network?: Few days ago, I uninstalled Killer Performance Suite from Control Panel as it was taking memory running in background for no reason. Now it came back from windows update, and it is not even there in Control Panel so I can uninstall it.Also, it is showing this is installed in...
  3. Uninstall Killer Network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Killer Network?: Few days ago, I uninstalled Killer Performance Suite from Control Panel as it was taking memory running in background for no reason. Now it came back from windows update, and it is not even there in Control Panel so I can uninstall it.Also, it is showing this is installed in...
  4. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue: Hello, my computer updated Windows 10, and ever since my wifi doesn't work, under the device manager screen, the Killer wireless network adaptor shows an exclamation mark. When I attempt to update the drivers, it tells me, I already have the latest drivers, and the option to...
  5. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue: Hello, my computer updated Windows 10, and ever since my wifi doesn't work, under the device manager screen, the Killer wireless network adaptor shows an exclamation mark. When I attempt to update the drivers, it tells me, I already have the latest drivers, and the option to...
  6. Killer Network Service 16

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Killer Network Service 16: - <xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event "> - <> <='" /> <="0"=16=lt/ID> <+0= lt;/> <=2= lt;/> <=2= lt;/> <>0=/> <=0x80000000000000=lt;/> <="2021-03-20T063232.7713142Z" /> < ID=10966=lt;/ID > < /> <="0"="0 " /> <gt;>...
  7. Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver

Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver: I ordered a new Dell XPS 15 and it comes with the Killer 1650ax. I've always had Intel Wifi adapters. I prefer using manufacturer drivers because they update more frequently. On Killer's page there are two options...the Killer Software package and a driver's only option. Does...
  8. Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver: I ordered a new Dell XPS 15 and it comes with the Killer 1650ax. I've always had Intel Wifi adapters. I prefer using manufacturer drivers because they update more frequently. On Killer's page there are two options...the Killer Software package and a driver's only option. Does...
  9. Killer vs. Intel network cards performance

Killer vs. Intel network cards performance: I happen to have a family of three Dell machines in the house - a new arrival XPS 9360, an old beast Precision M4800 and an "aspiring" Inspirion 5667. The new XPS 9360 is equipped with the Killer 1535 wifi card while the old models came with Intel cards. I've run tens of...
  10. Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?: Currently have an MSI GT80 laptop and really getting annoyed with all the slow connections, drops etc with this suite (i'm sure its the culprit as reading other reviews posts etc) and wondering how i can go about getting rid of the suite and installing a standard driver from...