Windows 10: Can't install "Mail, Calendar and People" app (errorcode 0x80073cff)

Discus and support Can't install "Mail, Calendar and People" app (errorcode 0x80073cff) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had "Mail Calendar and People" app installed on my Windows 10 build 9926, then 10041 update came and after it finished installing, that app was gone!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by csenger41, Mar 22, 2015.

1. csenger41 Win User

Can't install "Mail, Calendar and People" app (errorcode 0x80073cff)

I had "Mail Calendar and People" app installed on my Windows 10 build 9926, then 10041 update came and after it finished installing, that app was gone!
    And since then I couldn't install it back, gives the errorcode 0x80073cff as you can see on the screenshot below:

Can't install "Mail, Calendar and People" app (errorcode 0x80073cff) [​IMG]

:)

csenger41, Mar 22, 2015

2. Lumia 930 Outlook App

But that is just what you are not seeing. Mail, Calendar and Contacts ARE Outlook. The three programs together are Outlook.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 22, 2015
  3. Cortana is not recognizing my contacts

For me the solution was syncing my contacts into the People app. Cortana could not / would not pull contact info from Outlook, she could only get it from the people app. So now my mail, contacts and calendar are all redundant because I have it in Outlook
    and in "Calendar", "People" and "Mail" but Cortana is fully functioning again.

HowardOlsen, Mar 22, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

5. badrobot Win User
    Don't worry you are not alone. Mine are also missing. But personally I don't care for those apps on my PC as long as they are working fine on my Windows Phone.

How did you install your 10041? Online or clean install from ISO?

badrobot, Mar 22, 2015
  6. csenger41 Win User
    I don't really care for most of the apps, but I like Mail and that it gives notifications. And since I have only a Symbian phone yet, it helps a lot.
    10041 was and upgrade from 9926. I installed the first technical preview build that was available and upgraded since then.

Thanks, it solved the problem. *Smile

csenger41, Mar 22, 2015
  7. adamf Win User
    It is one of the "known problems" that MS published with this build. Did you try the powershell in @Dude 's link? Worked for me.

adamf, Mar 22, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Good to know it's sorted out. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't install "Mail, Calendar and People" app (errorcode 0x80073cff) - Similar Threads - Can't install Mail

2. Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.: How do i delete the first two contacts from my people app in windows? They are slightly wrong where the third is correct and when I search in my Mail/Calendar people app, I cannot find them?...
  3. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  4. Can't add calendars to Mail app

Can't add calendars to Mail app: Hi, I am using the Windows 10 Mail app. I would like to add a calendar to it. However when i go to Calendar -> Add Calendars not much happens. A blank page appears, the circle is running endlessly and there is no change. I am connected to the internet. I have restarted...
  5. Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch

Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch: Hardware: Surface pro 3 Software: Windows 10(1803 , OS internal ver 17134.345) 1. First time I was realized my Mail app has some issues with the IMAP account, which cannot receive new mail. Than I tried to edit the account settings, but the account setting dialogue won't...
  6. Considering Using Calendar, Mail and People

Considering Using Calendar, Mail and People: Where do Calendar, Mail and People store the data I enter? Is it stored on the cloud?? If so, should I be concerned about privacy?? James 112083
  7. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  8. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....
  9. Communication Apps Suite: Mail, People, Calendar but no Tasks?

Communication Apps Suite: Mail, People, Calendar but no Tasks?: So in the built-in PIM apps inside Windows, is there actually an official app to sync Outlook.com Tasks? I currently already have my phone synced to Outlook.com just fine, but to manipulate Tasks on my desktop, I can only resort to the browser. 82667
  10. Error code: 0x80070424 Mail, People, Calendar Apps

Error code: 0x80070424 Mail, People, Calendar Apps: Hey guys first i want too thank U guys to take your precious time to look at this thread So guys my problem is Mail, People, Calendar apps whenever i want to add an account and choose any of the accounts . it will gave me an Error code: 0x80070424 Mail, People,...