Windows 10: Can't install or update store apps

Discus and support Can't install or update store apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; They all display error 0x800706d9 . I've read it could be related to Windows Firewall. What I have done: . Microsofr Fixit (for Store and apps ) .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lucky8, Sep 20, 2016.

1. lucky8 Win User

Can't install or update store apps

They all display error 0x800706d9 . I've read it could be related to Windows Firewall. What I have done:

. Microsofr Fixit (for Store and apps )
    . Restarted Firewall, bits, wupdate and cryptographic services
    . Lookup events log

Depósito con errores , tipo 0 (Repository with failures / errors , type 0 )
    Nombre de evento: StoreAgentDownloadFailure1 (Event name ... )
    Respuesta: No disponible ( answer : unavailable )
    Identificador de archivo CAB: 0 ( file ID )

Firma del problema: (Issue signature)
    P1: Acquisition;Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    P2: 800706d9
    P3: 14393
    P4: 187
    P5: Windows.Desktop
    P6: K
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Funny thing is, I can normally install Windows Updates just not apps updates (or install new ones either )

:)

lucky8, Sep 20, 2016
  2. DMM_1971 Win User

Store Apps Missing and Invisible after Fall Creators Update

I can't reset or update store apps because my store app won't open. IT appears my store app is missing after a brand new install of the Creator's update

DMM_1971, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Microsoft Store Can't Install or Update Apps

Hello, try the below steps:

First of all:

Try re-registering Store and clearing cache:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8239-re-reg...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15057-clear...

If that doesn't help, make sure:

You are not using a proxy server/3rd Party Firewall or a VPN.

The next step would be to disable metered connection if you have set so.

If all of these doesn't help, try doing a repair install that keeps everything.

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2016/06/how-to-...

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 20, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Microsoft store and Microsoft update are two different items. The microsoft ifixit tools are worthless. See the following for fixing the store.

Windows key and X key to bring up the right Context menu..

Right click on the powershell and click on Run as Administrator.

And run the following in a Command Window to re-register:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

bro67, Sep 20, 2016
  5. lucky8 Win User
    I got this:

+

lucky8, Sep 21, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That should work, unless the command got screwed up when I pasted it. Try this. Store - Re-register in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Any problems, you may have to post at the last link, which Brink and others keep track of those tickets regarding issues with any tutorial not fixing.

The only other way is to do a Install in place, which leaves everything alone, but repairs any issues that got screwed up by updates and other stuff.

bro67, Sep 21, 2016
  7. lucky8 Win User
    THank you! I know it's the last to try solution but "Refreshing" Windows fixed everything

lucky8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't install or update store apps - Similar Threads - Can't install update

2. Can't update/install apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update/install apps in microsoft store: Nothing happens when I try to update, it just spins or get's stuck. I think it has something to do with the fact that I can't download new windows update, error- 0x8024a206...
  3. Can't update/install apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update/install apps in microsoft store: Nothing happens when I try to update, it just spins or get's stuck. I think it has something to do with the fact that I can't download new windows update, error- 0x8024a206...
  4. Microsoft Store Can't Install or Update Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Can't Install or Update Apps: I have windows 11 22h2. I just updated the new windows version. My issue is I couldn't play and re-download Xbox games at first, but then MStore couldn't update any of the apps. I have no idea what is happening; I tried the solutions on MS Q&A and other websites. It just...
  5. Microsoft Store Can't Install or Update Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Can't Install or Update Apps: I have windows 11 22h2. I just updated the new windows version. My issue is I couldn't play and re-download Xbox games at first, but then MStore couldn't update any of the apps. I have no idea what is happening; I tried the solutions on MS Q&A and other websites. It just...
  6. Can't install apps on Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps on Windows Store: Whenever I try to download an app from the windows store, it hangs on acquiring license for a bit and then it gives me an error. It says to wait a bit or try restarting your device and I've done both with no luck. The error code was 0x80070005....
  7. Microsoft Store can't install or update apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store can't install or update apps.: As the picture shows, when I try to upgrade apps, it gets stuck like this and keeps spinning.When I try to download an app, it goes wrong like this.I tried repair and reset, but it didn't work.WHO CAN HELP ME ??????version: Windows 10 ProfessionalWorkstation 10.0.21996.1...
  8. Can't Install or Update apps on Microsoft Store

Can't Install or Update apps on Microsoft Store: I have tried every solution, including this post Error code 0x87af000b - Microsoft Community which is very close to my problem. I have tried doing clean boots, PowerShell commands, windows store reset and troubleshooting and even sfc/scannow. Also the problem is only...
  9. Can't Install Apps on Microsoft Store App

Can't Install Apps on Microsoft Store App: Hey, I need help because I'm using a school computer and it isn't letting me install things anymore. About a week ago I could install a lot of things but no I can't. So, if you know what I can do to be able to download things again then could you please tell me? FYI I tried...
  10. Can't install and update apps in Microsoft Store

Can't install and update apps in Microsoft Store: When I try to install any apps or games in Microsoft store it says " Windows update is disabled. You can repair Windows update by running Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings. The error code is 0x80070422, incase you need it." I tried many solutions regarding this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant install apps

2. 2018 windows\winstore\appxmanifest.xml

3. cant install store apps