Windows 10: Can't install OS! Reboot when launching installation!

Discus and support Can't install OS! Reboot when launching installation! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying for hours to install windows 10 home on my newly built PC but i can't because there is a problem. I bought the usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iron Lion, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Iron Lion Win User

Can't install OS! Reboot when launching installation!

Hello,

I have been trying for hours to install windows 10 home on my newly built PC but i can't because there is a problem. I bought the usb version since i don't have an optical drive bay.

The problem: I can start the setup, but when i launch the installation my pc suddenly restarts and boots the usb again, so i get back at the 32/64 bit selection screen. This happens when i click "next" after choosing my drive (see included video). The drive i'm using is a Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

I have tried numerous things to fix it including: removing the ram (2x8GB) and putting it back, trying with one ram stick, removing the graphics card and use the integrated graphics card, use different usb ports, use different sata ports, removing the hdd (i can't even start the setup with the hdd plugged in).

I also downloaded Windows 10 from the official website and put it on an other usb stick, the same problem occurs.

I even tried with Ubuntu and the same problem happens!! When i launch the installation my pc reboots and the setup restarts!

I have made a video showing what happens (win 10): OS installation problem - YouTube

I also made a video that shows my BIOS: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 BIOS - YouTube

Everything looks fine... but it doesn't work!!

Please help!! *Sad

:)

Iron Lion, Feb 5, 2016
  2. cjnichols Win User

at startup i have windows installer attempting to load a "fax" which it says is from a cd it can not find how to i get rid of t

Thanks Nuno, I have tried the add/remove programs but no luck. I cant figure which program is trying to install the fax program. windows installer is forceing this on me at each startup/reboot. I use XP as an OS. I know for a fact that this is being launched
    every time i reboot, thats why i am going nuts. i have to cancel a minumun of three times every reboot, and get an answer from "windows installer" that it can't find and i should put in a cd to continue. HELP please!!! thanks, chris

cjnichols, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Software Update doesn't work

Hi !

Yes I rebooted my PC but didn't install PC Suit (I didn't view this dependency anywhere and Software Updater didn't complain about anything).

So I have installed PC Suit (and reboot and reinstall Software Updater and reboot) without any change.

PC-Suit find my E65 and I can do backups. But when I launch Software Update, it freezes at the splash screen and Windows can't kill the process (I have to reset the computer to reboot).

fabien29200, Feb 5, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

This is quite a common problem.

First time as pc reboots - after copying files, simply remove usb stick or dvd.

cereberus, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't install OS! Reboot when launching installation! - Similar Threads - Can't install Reboot

2. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  3. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  4. random reboot even after clean install of OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random reboot even after clean install of OS: It does not matter if I install Win 10 what the machine came with or Win 11, it experiences random reboots even after a clean OS install and 0 software installed, with only Edge and my preferred extensions running all of which does not crash any other machines using same...
  5. random reboot even after clean install of OS

random reboot even after clean install of OS: It does not matter if I install Win 10 what the machine came with or Win 11, it experiences random reboots even after a clean OS install and 0 software installed, with only Edge and my preferred extensions running all of which does not crash any other machines using same...
  6. Error message when installing OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when installing OS: I have this old Dell Inspiron that runs Windows 10, and it can barely run it. Since I didn't have anything better to do with it, I decided to change the OS. I downloaded the MacOS Snow Leopard ISO from Internet Archive, divided it using PineTools, and uploaded it to a FAT32...
  7. Error message when installing OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when installing OS: I have this old Dell Inspiron that runs Windows 10, and it can barely run it. Since I didn't have anything better to do with it, I decided to change the OS. I downloaded the MacOS Snow Leopard ISO from Internet Archive, divided it using PineTools, and uploaded it to a FAT32...
  8. Error message when installing OS

9. Can't install OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install OS: I created bootable usb and when i boot PC, the Lenovo logo appears and immediately shuts down and so on again, also i can work in BIOS for like 15 second. Lenovo L340 I5-8265U MX230...
  10. OS unstability immediatly when installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS unstability immediatly when installed: Hi everyone, my OS has been unstable since the first day i installed win10 (months ago) when changing my XPS motherboard. First of all, this isnt hardware related. Its windows and windows only that crashes. I installed win10 with a version that DELL's delivered. It...