Windows 10: Can't install printer

Discus and support Can't install printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a brother 620CN On windows 10, it should install by plugging in the USB. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, and now when i plug it in, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tzabcan, May 16, 2016.

1. Tzabcan Win User

Can't install printer

I have a brother 620CN

On windows 10, it should install by plugging in the USB. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, and now when i plug it in, it doesn't show up, or it doesn't find the printer when i try to add it through the control panel.

It only shows up like this.

I've tried unplugging, turning off, etc. I'm not sure what to do.

Can't install printer [​IMG]

:)

Tzabcan, May 16, 2016

2. Canon printer MX452

I was reading Community posts earlier and saw where several participants said when Windows upgraded to Windows 10 they deleted printer Canon MX452. That is the printer I have and I can't re-install it. Anyone have any answers to how I can add my printer
    back.. I can't afford a new one and there's nothing wrong with my printer.. Please HELP. SweetLady03

I saw several posts about after windows installed Windows 10 that the CanonMX452 printer was uninstalled and couldn't be installed again. That's my printer and I can't get it installed again. Anyone have any HELP they can give me. I can't afford another
    printer. SweetLady03

Mary AnnJudice, May 16, 2016
  3. Can't install printer

I also know (If I remember correctly), in windows 7, it was a similar location for these files, but it was the 4 folder to delete the files from.

whenever you can not complete a printer installation, you must delete these files to succeed in completing a printer driver and software install.

seahawks65, May 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't install printer

................... when i try to add it through the control panel..............................

Did you do it this way ?
    Go to Programs and Features > find out if the printer is listed.
    If yes, uninstall it.
    If no, it is not listed, then exit Programs and Features.
    Then insert the printer's installation dvd and reinstall.

davidhk, May 17, 2016
  5. Tzabcan Win User
    Brother do not give you an installation DVD for windows 10.

They say on their site that the drivers will automatically be installed when you plug in the USB, allowing you to print straight away.

Which happened two weeks ago.

However now when i plug it in via USB, it doesn't show up through word, etc. Nor does it show up in the Devices & Printers. It only shows up in device manager as shown in that picture.

Tzabcan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't install printer

1. Can't install printer - Similar Threads - Can't install printer

2. Can't stop printer install in Win XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop printer install in Win XP: I have a Windows XP virtual machine vmware. Whenever I boot the VM, it tries to add a printer. I have tried adding a non-existent printer, a generic text printer and everything under the sun. It will not add the printer and it will not stop asking me to add the printer. This...
  3. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server: We have a legacy software which has to use a printer shared by a legacy server which is Windows server 2003. The client computer is on Windows 10. We got the error message stating "Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709" when installing the printer every time after...
  4. Can't install a shared Star printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install a shared Star printer: Hello! I'm having trouble installing a shared Star TSP100 printer. The printer is USB installed to a PC on our LAN and working fine there. It also installs as a shared printer on several other PCs. But it won't install on one PC running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 First I'm asked for...
  5. Can't install a shared Star printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install a shared Star printer: Hello! I'm having trouble installing a shared Star TSP100 printer. The printer is USB installed to a PC on our LAN and working fine there. It also installs as a shared printer on several other PCs. But it won't install on one PC running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 First I'm asked for...
  6. Can't install a shared Star printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. We can't install a shared USB printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't install a shared USB printer: There is a USB printer shared in host which in domain. We could search in domain, but it appear " A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this printer queue".It's a shared printer in local, not an IP printer . And we could connect to the...
  8. Network Printer can't be installed 20H2

Network Printer can't be installed 20H2: I have a problem after update the Windows 10 from 1803 to 20H2The Windows can't install the network printers which is through "Group Policy" to install. I open the "Device Manger" and check the driver. It show the below :I also try to update the driver on this printer but it...
  9. Finds printer, but can't install it

Finds printer, but can't install it: Ever since 2004 Spring release which I just had installed a few weeks ago. It seems to detect my local network printer, but cannot install it. I tried to download the driver from HP web site which is pretty old for Windows 10. It is dated 2015 was the last update. I have...
  10. can't install printer with windows 10

can't install printer with windows 10: I have a problem with installing a printer canon mg3600. During the installation from the canon cd, the installation stops with an error that "Windows print spooler is stopped". Upon review of services it show that the print spooler is running. Tried to stop and start the...