Windows 10: Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

Discus and support Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’m trying to install a program on a PC DVD rom specifically a Sims 2 stuff pack but I immediately get a red error message saying “This app has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Deeaahndraaah, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

I’m trying to install a program on a PC DVD rom specifically a Sims 2 stuff pack but I immediately get a red error message saying “This app has been blocked for your protection- An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator”.But… I’m the administrator? And I know this because when I go to Settings and Accounts I see under my name and email that I’m the administrator. I think there must be somewhere where I’m not signed in to my Microsoft account where installing apps matter, or something to that effect,There is also no option to “Run

:)

Deeaahndraaah, Feb 21, 2024
  2. 95Viper Win User

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Snake05 Win User

Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

1. Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator! - Similar Threads - Can’t install program

2. Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!: I’m trying to install a program on a PC DVD rom specifically a Sims 2 stuff pack but I immediately get a red error message saying “This app has been blocked for your protection- An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  3. Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!: I’m trying to install a program on a PC DVD rom specifically a Sims 2 stuff pack but I immediately get a red error message saying “This app has been blocked for your protection- An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  4. Contact system Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact system Administrator: I can’t logon to my school account. It says I attempted to login too many times and I need to contact my system admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-system-administrator/1ed8dda8-ef17-4e1a-8b9a-39149f5be535
  5. Contact system Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact system Administrator: I can’t logon to my school account. It says I attempted to login too many times and I need to contact my system admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-system-administrator/1ed8dda8-ef17-4e1a-8b9a-39149f5be535
  6. Contact system Administrator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. When installing or deleting some programs, I'm told I need to have administrative...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When installing or deleting some programs, I'm told I need to have administrative...: When installing or deleting some programs, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. However I'm the only user on my computer with a single account and I'm listed as administrator. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly...
  8. When installing or deleting some programs, I'm told I need to have administrative...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When installing or deleting some programs, I'm told I need to have administrative...: When installing or deleting some programs, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. However I'm the only user on my computer with a single account and I'm listed as administrator. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly...
  9. "administrator acc disabled contact your administrator"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "administrator acc disabled contact your administrator": Please assist i recently upgrades from windows 7 to windows 10, when i wanted to rollback i got an error tht i should delete user accounts that were created during the upgrade....so i deleted the user account and by mistake i disabled built in user account and forgot to...
  10. Contact the administrator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Contact the administrator: I AM the administrator! So I went through the process of changing my login to the administrator after Windows 10 put someone I don't know in charge. I'm trying to re-install a wireless HP printer which worked exceptionally well in Windows 8. When I attempt to install the...