Windows 10: Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers

Discus and support Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home (creators update), and I am unable to install programs that use a msi installer (as opposed to exe installers). I googled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lightwriter, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers

Running Windows 10 Home (creators update), and I am unable to install programs that use a msi installer (as opposed to exe installers).

I googled this issue, and found this Microsoft Community post. I tried unregistering and reregistering the msiexec service, as it suggested. There was no change after doing this.

I next found this post at sevenforums. I know it was for Windows 7, but I hoped it would be close enough. I tried the procedure (in post 71 of the thread) of checking the status of the msiexec service in the services panel. Turns out the service was disabled, but the option to change startup type to automatic is grayed out.So, after trying those two procedures, I still cannot install programs that use msi installers.

Oh, and to clarify, no errors appear. It's just nothing happens at all (I waited an hour; this happened with two different programs' installers), and I have to go into task explorer to kill windows installer.

:)

lightwriter, Jun 15, 2017
  2. knottyhed Win User

Problem with silent instaltion - PC Suit 6.81

I have this problem as well, I'm not too keen on the solution of removing all the dialogs, but I suspect that works because Nokia have stupidly placed a custom action essential to the successfull installation of the program in the User Interface Sequence
    of the MSI (where it will not be run during a 'quiet' install). Ideally I'd like to find this CA and create a transform to put it in the correct stream.

I'd also be happy with the solution of installing those other 2 MSI files as pre-requisites, however, I can't get the MSI's mentioned: They are not extracted into my %Temp% folder as far as I can see and they do not appear if I decompress the MSI using the
    /a admin install switch. I'm working from the Nokai_PC_Suite_681_rel_13_eng_web.msi, is that a different MSI to the one you guys have?

knottyhed, Jun 15, 2017
  3. office 2007 on windows 10

Installation fails, and you receive an error message when you try to install a 2007 Office suite or program, or an Office 2010 suite or program by double-clicking an .msi file: "Error 1713" or "MSI Error 41"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cking-an-.msi-file-error-1713-or-msi-error-41

Cause

This issue occurs by design in the 2007 Office and Office 2010 products. You cannot install a 2007 Office suite or an individual 2007 Office program, or an Office 2010 suite or individual program by running an .msi file that is provided in the Office suites.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, you must run the Setup.exe file. To do this, locate the Setup.exe file in the root folder of the installation source, and then double-click the file.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jun 15, 2017
  4. Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers

TairikuOkami, Jun 16, 2017
  5. OP here. Probably purely coincidental, but as I tried troubleshooting this, my keyboard went out. No response. Even after restarting and trying a different USB port. So I hooked up a spare, and all problems resolved themselves. Weirdest thing ever.

lightwriter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers

1. Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers - Similar Threads - Can't Install Programs

2. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't install a msi file.: Hi.My laptop is not a private pc. It is associated with an organization. I can't change the "choose where to get appsa' at all. My pc edition is Windows 10 pro and the version is 22H2. Please help. Thank you....
  3. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't install a msi file.: Hi.My laptop is not a private pc. It is associated with an organization. I can't change the "choose where to get appsa' at all. My pc edition is Windows 10 pro and the version is 22H2. Please help. Thank you....
  4. i can't install a msi file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MSI installer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI installer not working: Been getting this error since morning, everything on the web. Any help? I'm running windows 11 insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-installer-not-working/39fb3aad-e654-4465-9a46-0c629c1c5920
  6. Can't Install Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Install Programs: I'm having a problem installing random games downloaded from the web that have their own installer. The installer prompts but then seems to auto quit instead of actually installing. Currently using Windows 10 2004. I've tried lots of settings adjustment based on a Google...
  7. I can't install a program with extension .msi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install a program with extension .msi: Greetings all, I couldn't really find a perfect forum to put this in, sorry if I missed one. I d/l a program today from sourceforge.net - here's the file name. FFbatch_setup_1.6.6_x64.msi I don't see very many programs with .msi extension, but I've had them before and...
  8. I can't install a program with extension .msi

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't install a program with extension .msi: Greetings all, I couldn't really find a perfect forum to put this in, sorry if I missed one. I d/l a program today from sourceforge.net - here's the file name. FFbatch_setup_1.6.6_x64.msi I don't see very many programs with .msi extension, but I've had them before and...
  9. installing msi programs under Windows 10 home

installing msi programs under Windows 10 home: We just got a new computer running Windows 10 home. I tried to install 2 third-party programs. Both have 64-bit MSI installers. In both cases, EVEN FOR THE FIRST INSTALLATION, I got the message that "Another installation is in progress". I am unable to stop or remove that...
  10. can't install a program

can't install a program: Hi guys. I recently formated my copmuter. reinstalled windows and office, etc. i downloaded the drivers for the computer at the office from ehre: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl8690cdw_eu_as download goes well. And it extracts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program to use .msi