Windows 10: Can't Install Purchased Software

Discus and support Can't Install Purchased Software in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In lou of the sale on Sims 4 related items, I decided to purchase the Sims 4 Dine Out game pack from the Microsoft store. My transaction went through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GillianS2000, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Can't Install Purchased Software

In lou of the sale on Sims 4 related items, I decided to purchase the Sims 4 Dine Out game pack from the Microsoft store. My transaction went through smoothly, but when I went to install the game I received the error "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." I own several Microsoft products, all of which are connected to my account and currently run Windows 10, and yet none of them showed up when I tried to install. Thinking this may be an issue with my desktop, I fired up my laptop to try again. Yet, I received the same error message. Both of my devices are completely up to date and compatible with the software, so I'm at a loss.

Any solutions or insight on my issue is greatly appreciated!

:)

GillianS2000, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Can't Install Purchased Software

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Can't Install Purchased Software

1. Can't Install Purchased Software - Similar Threads - Can't Install Purchased

2. Purchased software on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Purchased software on computer: I need to refresh Windows 10. Each time I read the instructions for this refresh, I get confused as to what will be erased with the refresh. If I do a backup of files, when reloading, will I just put junk files back? Having worked with Microsoft help desk, they have copied...
  3. Can't install Mongodb software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Mongodb software: I am trying to install Mongodb software on my Windows 10 laptop It is HP and it is working well. Unfortunately this software failed to install and I can't fix the problem...
  4. Unauthorized purchase of a software download I did not purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unauthorized purchase of a software download I did not purchase: I did not authorize the purchase of ENABLE LARGE ARCHIVE EXCTRATION software for $4.25 Not sure how it was done but please remove the charge I do not have this program on my PC nor do I need it. Thank you Fred A. Fulenwider...
  5. Resetting PC with Purchased Software

Resetting PC with Purchased Software: hey, i need to reset my laptop as im having issues with the store, and no solution is working. The thing is i have bought downloaded software, without the serial no. as such.. would i still beable to reinstall the software without having to re purchase? i know that i can do...
  6. Previously purchased software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased software: I purchased software for my new Surface 7's in December but was working for a company I left and no longer have access to that email address How do I get the codes to reinstall the software as I also had to scrub my personal computers I tried the verify yourself system...
  7. Can't install software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install software: I purchased Snagit 2019 and tried to download it to install. I got a message that says I can only install apps I get from the Store. How can I turn that off? I need to use this program for my business....
  8. Can't install purchased Minecraft software.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install purchased Minecraft software.: I have 2 laptops and one XBox in My Devices. I purchased Minecraft and cannot install on the laptop I want it on. I can't see any way to download software. It only displays the one device (my Surface Pro) for automatic installing. How can I get the game on the other...
  9. Can't Install Downloaded Software

Can't Install Downloaded Software: Hey So I bought a new PC that came with Windows 10. I downloaded some apps and installed them without a hitch. A couple of days later I downloaded another software program that manages downloads from within China (Xunlei, if you must know), but it would refuse to install...
  10. Can't install brothers software.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install brothers software.: Windows 10, Brothers MFC-J485DW printer. Tried Brothers support, they gave up. Newest driver download will not install. Comes up with error halfway threw install. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Brothers\Creative Center\Brother Creative...