Windows 10: Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive.

Discus and support Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, for couple of days, breaking my head tring to figure out what im doing wrong, or what else i can do . i used to have as my C:\ drive a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fibola, May 30, 2016.

1. fibola Win User

Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive.

hello,

for couple of days, breaking my head tring to figure out what im doing wrong, or what else i can do .

i used to have as my C:\ drive a kingstone 120gb SSD drive . due to lack of space, i bought 250GB SSD samsung evo-850 drive.
    i execute fresh new windows 10 pro X64 installation on the Samsung but after installation finished with no error, and setup is rebooting the pc, the screen is stuck on the "loading operation system" and nothing is happening.

i thought that the cause for that is because i still have the kingstone drive plugged in, and there is conflict between those, but even when i unplugged the kingstone drive and execute windows installation, same thing is happen.

i tried to change order of booting from the pc setup and again nothing is chagne (samsung drive is shown in the pc setup and also when i load windows from the kingstone drive)
    i also tried to version of windows setup iso which are used from Disk on Key "burned" with rufus latest version.

what else can i do ?

thanx.

:)

fibola, May 30, 2016

2. Reuse Windows 10 product key on a new SSD

Hi, I have a HDD with windows 10 home installed on and I just got my new Samsung 960 PRO M.2 SSD. I want to use my new m.2 SSD as the bootable drive, but can I reuse the windows 10 product key on a new hard drive after already using it on another hard
    drive? Thank you for all your support!

Lars Nicklas, May 30, 2016
  3. Something went wrong under file transfer.

Hi, i got a new Samsung Evo SSD 250GB, i used the samsung file transfer program to transfer all files from old SSD to the new one, but now i cant use the old SSD because its has the same signature as the new one. aswell as something went wrong under the
    transfer, my computer will turn on but not connect to anything (screens, keyboard, etc.) so i have to turn it off and back on EVERY time i need to use it.

How can i fix this problem? can i reinstall windows with the same product key on the new Samsung SSD? (im using the samsung ssd as primary drive ATM.)

or will i have to buy a new product code, wipe both SSD and reinstall it that way?

MartinSteira, May 30, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Try cloning existing ssd to new ssd using Macrium Reflect Free.

cereberus, May 30, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    msny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive. - Similar Threads - Cant install samsung

2. Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue: Hello, I recently bought a 1 TB Samsung SSD, and I have wanted to install Windows on it. However, the problem persists that the installation resets after rebooting the computer. So, the installation never completes fully. I have tried using Rufus and installing the ISO onto...
  3. Cant install windows 10 on new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install windows 10 on new ssd: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/geoger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lko8sb/cant_install_windows_10_on_new_ssd/
  4. 4 Samsung SSD drives \ clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4 Samsung SSD drives \ clean install: I have 3 500GB Samsung Evo 860 drives. 1 Evo 860 1 TB. I wiped the 3 500s. They were used 1x to clone existing data on drives (not OS). I wiped them and deleted the partitions. With a Win 10 v1903 iso I installed to one of these. I made it through the disc process and set up....
  5. New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive

New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive: Hello My laptop hard drive failed and as I had to change the hard drive anyway I decided to upgrade to a SSD drive. I also purchased a new Window 10 Pro installation disk. I have been trying to install the disk drive and widows on my laptop and I am getting the well known...
  6. Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive

Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive: Before I ask my question, I've read this post so I understand the basic procedure. My exact situation however is that I intend to keep the existing drive with Windows on it installed, but just transfer my Windows installation to a new SSD that I plan on installing. What do...
  7. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  8. Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable

Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable: i bought a sony vaio laptop in 2012 vpceh38fn with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a 4 gb ram n 500 gb hdd,i replaced 500 gb hdd with samsung ssd 250 gb in 2014 and reinstalled windows 7 in it with ease and later i upgraded to windows 10 within three months i believe,but...
  9. New WIN 10 Install on new SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD

New WIN 10 Install on new SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD: This is just what is says. A fresh win 10 install on a new SSD. Do not explain to me about cloning. To date I've upgraded the BIOS (UEFI) on a ASUS P67 Performance Gen3 motherboard. I've changed the SATA Mode to AHCI. I can see the drive in the BIOS. The Windows...
  10. Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD

Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD: Hello everyone, I've just bought a new SSD (Samsung EVO 850 250GB) for my Dell XPS 15 (L521x). After I inserted it into my laptop i intalled Windows 10 Home Pro. The installation process happened without any error, the laptop restarted several times (which is normal during...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reuse windows 10 product key on a new ssd

2. can i reuse my win 10 pro on new ssd drive?

3. cant install windows on new samsung ssd