Windows 10: Can't install Windows 10, several errors.

Discus and support Can't install Windows 10, several errors. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, The computer originally had Windows 8.1 64-bit. I was re-installing Windows 10 64-bit with my flash drive, but I couldn't delete the Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hexagon12, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Hexagon12 Win User

Can't install Windows 10, several errors.

Hi,

The computer originally had Windows 8.1 64-bit. I was re-installing Windows 10 64-bit with my flash drive, but I couldn't delete the Windows 8.1 partition, because all of the options were grayed out. So, I booted Hirens Boot CD and reconfigured partitions with GParted. Then, in the installation, at 23 percent it popped up with an error 0x80070002, which means that some files for the installation are missing. I then tried to install with the DVD, but the error code was different - 0x800703e6, which means ERROR_NOACCESS_TO_MEMORY_LOCATION.

What I tried:

1. Test RAM with MemTest86+ v5.01, 8 passes - no errors.
    2. Test HDD with Seagate SeaTools - Short and Long DST - pass.

Computer specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, AsRock 960GC-GS FX, 3 GB DDR2 667 RAM, Gigabyte GT 630 GPU.

What should I do? Any suggestions are welcome.

:)

Hexagon12, Nov 2, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 Installation problems

Trying to install WINDOWS 10. At 99% completion it comes with error code 0X8007007e and the message: WE CAN'T TELL IF YOUR PC IS READY TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10. TRY RESTARTING.

Have tried several times and my PC is a genuine DELL.

And ideas?

Zorbathe Greek, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Donie16 Win User
    Problem downloading Windows 10

I am unable to successfully download Windows 10, even after several attempts. I keep getting the Error Code 0x8007002C-0x400D. Can't install updates either. Please help.

Donie16, Nov 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, thanks for explaining what you've tried. Please post a screenshot of your system disk partitions.

Just wondering- you have a SSD, but you're installing to a HDD?

Does your PC have a model number and is it listed as Win 10 approved by Asus?

Does your system disk have any partitions you wish to retain, or would you be happy to format it?

dalchina, Nov 2, 2016
  5. Hexagon12 Win User
    I think you misunderstood the computer specs. The computer that I am installing Windows is in the first post, not the computer in my system specs. The hard drive is 500 GB SATA2. The partitions are like this in the installation. Tried with only one partition, throws the same errors.

1. 500 MB (System Reserved)
    2. 194 GB (System) C:
    3. 305 GB (Data) D:

Hexagon12, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Boot from your install media (do not run setup from your current windows install) Then delete partition 1 and 2, and install too the unallocated space. Windows setup will create the partitions it needs automatically.

alphanumeric, Nov 2, 2016
  7. Hexagon12 Win User
    As I said, the drive was formatted in GParted, because I could not delete the Windows 8.1 partition on Windows 10 setup. Everything was grayed out in the hard drive options (like format, delete partition). Now, if I make the whole disk unallocated (after GParted), and I create partitions and install on the C: partition, the same errors appear.

Hexagon12, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Can't install Windows 10, several errors.

I just wanted to make sure you were booting from your install media is all. If you run setup from your current Windows install, it won't let you delete the partition Windows is currently running from. Those options will be grayed out.
    Also, you shouldn't have to create any partitions before hand, Window setup will do it all for you. I do it all the time. I delete everything except my DATA partition and install to the unallocated space. Setup will even create the EFI partition on UEFI systems automatically.
    You might want to re download the Windows 10 ISO and redo your install media. Just incase you have a corrupted image. How did you create your install media?

9. Hexagon12 Win User
    I created (and downloaded) the ISO with the Media Creation Tool. The image is not corrupted, because I have a test rig and with the flash drive/DVD it succesfully installed Windows 10 without any errors.

And about running setup on Windows, no, I never actually booted Windows on that computer, I am fixing this computer for a friend, and he says that there was Windows 8.1 64-bit on this system and that I can wipe the hard drive, there is no important data to recover. I am just making two partitions, because the drive is big and can be divided into a system partition and a data partition.

Hexagon12, Nov 2, 2016
  10. Ok, that info helps things a lot. It wasn't clear exactly what you were doing from the original post. Not to me anyway. *Wink
    Since you have already partitioned the drive, try what I posted above. Delete all but that last Data partition and try installing to the unallocated space. I have no idea why the option to delete the partitions was greyed out originally? I wiped the Windows 8 factory install, even the hidden factory recovery partition just by booting from my Windows install media.

I wonder if the hard drive has issues? Was there an issue or problem with the Windows 8 install before you got it?

11. Hexagon12 Win User
    No, the only problem was getting rid of that Windows 8.1 system partition. I also remember about how this hard drive was in another system and how it BSOD the Windows often with ntfs.sys being the culprit. I actually ran Seagate SeaTools on the drive when the errors (on the Windows 10 install) appeared and the Short and Long DST's passed.

EDIT: Updated specs to the computer I'm fixing.

Hexagon12, Nov 2, 2016
  12. Somethings going on? What your having to go through is not normal.

13. Adalwar Win User

If the ENTIRE HDD can be deleted and you want to do a "Clean/Fresh" install of W10, I suggest to Boot from external Media (DVD or USB Disk), then go to the Option of a Command Prompt and using DISKPART for to do the task you want.
    For example : the CLEAN command will erase all information on the HDD. You can close Diskpart by EXIT and go back to the Windows and proceed with new Install.
    You do not need (you should not) create any Partitions for System, Windows will create them automatically as needed.
    You want to create a Data Partition, after Windows is Installed, going to DiskManagment you can make free Space and create a new Partition.

Adalwar, Nov 2, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    I second what Adalwar posted. Install to a completely unallocated hard drive, then after the install shrink the OS partition to make room for a data partition if you want.

NavyLCDR, Nov 2, 2016
  15. Hexagon12 Win User
    @Adalwar The first time I tried installing with Diskpart, it popped up with this error:

Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume. (I wanted to delete the system partition).
    But ok, I will try installing Windows on unallocated space. If something happens, I'll let you all know.

Hexagon12, Nov 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't install Windows 10, several errors. - Similar Threads - Can't install several

2. Windows 10 several update installation failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 several update installation failures: several installation failures code Oxc1900101 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-several-update-installation-failures/ee0029cd-f4b8-4d97-81f5-0e5564f63290
  3. Several BSOD errors after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several BSOD errors after a fresh install: Hello. I've been getting these error messages for 1,5 months after my fresh Windows 10 install. I'm really tired of it because it happens all the time and interrupts my classes. It usually crashes when I'm watching a video,browsing the internet,viewing some files or on its...
  4. Several BSOD errors after a fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several BSOD errors after a fresh install: My computer was working fine as is before i decided to do a fresh install of Win 10. Nothing was acting up. I can install the OS. But when i get into that "Hello" screen it crashes all the time . It crashes so fast that I can't even see the error. But after the first BSOD...
  5. Downloaded Windows 10 several times, but installation fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloaded Windows 10 several times, but installation fails.: I have been working on this for a while. Actually, getting to this point is progress from where I started. My computer is an Acer Laptop with a 1 tb hard drive and 8 gigs of ram. I recently had the hard drive replaced, and after this was done, I found I had several things...
  6. Several Windows 10 Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several Windows 10 Errors: [ATTACH] My windows store is not working, been like that for a month and nothing really changed from following online guides. On top of that, I can't update windows, and it randomly adds keyboard languages. I know how to fix the later one, but the thing is, I can not add...
  7. Windows 10 blue screen and receiving several errors

Windows 10 blue screen and receiving several errors: Using Windows 10 Home, version 1809, build 17763.805. I got a blue screen yesterday, and when I booted the PC, it wouldn't receive any signals for wireless internet. When I try to start the WLAN AutoConfig service, I receive "Error 127: The specified procedure could not...
  8. Windows 10 custom pc. Several errors

Windows 10 custom pc. Several errors: Hi! I built my pc roughly 3 years ago, and have been adding parts ever since. Last christmas, 2018, i got an ssd for it. I used a mirroring software to copy my hdd over and all was successful. My problems started about 3-4 weeks ago. Issue #1: when i would leave my pc idle...
  9. Windows 10 Crashing - Several errors

Windows 10 Crashing - Several errors: Hello All, I have had this problem off and on now for some time. I do not understand why it comes and goes and every time I think I might have solved the problem but it comes back. I have gotten several BSoD messages including; system service exception, kmode exception not...
  10. Several programs not installing/running on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several programs not installing/running on windows 10: Hello all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro back in January from windows 7 ultimate. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that several programs that I try to install are having issues. Below I have listed the programs that I have tried, along with the problems that I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x800703e6 on windows 10 instal