Windows 10: cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?

Discus and support cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i bought a second hand laptop and tried to do a clean install of windows 11 on it. in the set up i am required to log in to a work account for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by T_500, Aug 6, 2022.

1. T_500 Win User

cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?

i bought a second hand laptop and tried to do a clean install of windows 11 on it. in the set up i am required to log in to a work account for a specific job recruiting business, i cant use my personal account, and there is no way to bypass this. i used usb to install windows 10 where there is the same problem, but if setting up offline it can be bypassed, set up and upgraded to w11.i am worried this will continue to have and effect on my device, i contacted public support for this company and they asked me to provide a photo of the sellers profile and any barcodes. if i send them any device I

:)

T_500, Aug 6, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Pavl Win User

Which method to remove the "Dell-ness" of a 2nd hand laptop.

Hello Paul Black
    Thank you for that info ... just tried out Belarc on main machine and worked very well to give license key so next step is to do same for 2nd hand one.
    Will then go for clean install as per guidance ...
    Paul

Pavl, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

1. cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently? - Similar Threads - cant install 2nd

2. cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?: i bought a second hand laptop and tried to do a clean install of windows 11 on it. in the set up i am required to log in to a work account for a specific job recruiting business, i cant use my personal account, and there is no way to bypass this. i used usb to install windows...
  3. Cant lock laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant lock laptop: I've had this issue for a few months, Win + L doesn't lock my laptop, Ctrl Alt Del also doesn't have the lock function and these settings below cannot be changed. When I open my laptop it also resumes without requiring log in. I've gone through 2 supports chats for well over...
  4. Cant lock laptop

Cant lock laptop: I've had this issue for a few months, Win + L doesn't lock my laptop, Ctrl Alt Del also doesn't have the lock function and these settings below cannot be changed. When I open my laptop it also resumes without requiring log in. I've gone through 2 supports chats for well over...
  5. Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install games on 2nd hdd?: Ive installed halo wars 2 and we happy few on my D:/ drive but now I cant install anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-2nd-hdd/bc878002-6fcd-43ee-9045-9912bde21d87
  6. Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

Cant install games on 2nd hdd?: Ive installed halo wars 2 and we happy few on my D:/ drive but now I cant install anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-2nd-hdd/bc878002-6fcd-43ee-9045-9912bde21d87
  7. Downgrade win 10 pro to home on 2nd hand laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade win 10 pro to home on 2nd hand laptop: I bought a second hand laptop which was advertised with 10 Pro. When I got it, it wasn't activated and the seller didn't have the code. I bought a genuine copy of 10 Home and then did a full reset. Unfortunately every time it gets to the "ready to install page" it shows...
  8. Why i cant sign in my microsoft account on my 2nd hand dell laptop d620 .and were can i...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why i cant sign in my microsoft account on my 2nd hand dell laptop d620 .and were can i...: Cant sign in or log in my microsoft account on my dell laptop d620.pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-sign-in-my-microsoft-account-on-my-2nd/07b42a85-7592-4b77-9925-ed597ff1b961
  9. num lock permanently on

in Windows 10 Customization
    num lock permanently on: I would like Num Lock to be permanently ON. Even when I accidently hit the Num Lock key I would like it to stay on. Is there a way to enable this? ie. I don't want the Num Lock key do anything at all. I want to ALWAYS use the number pad for numbers. Never for arrows etc....
  10. HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!!: I just got my second had HP pavilion x2 10-n182ng detachable Unfortunately the previous user 'forgot' to wipe the Hard drive. Previous owner is not reachable anymore. I tried the following without success: - set boot order to USB DVD as 1st boot device, however I get a...