Windows 10: Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10

Discus and support Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today with a clean install. I can access the internet just fine and I can load any sites but when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeBAUS, Feb 3, 2016.

1. DeBAUS Win User

Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10

Hello,
    I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today with a clean install. I can access the internet just fine and I can load any sites but when it comes to joining a game server in CS:GO, Battlefield, or logging on to XSplit, I get a server connection error. At first I thought it was XSplit but now I know its something about joining whatever types of servers those are. Please help I cannot play any online games due to this issue.

:)

DeBAUS, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Amphyross Win User

LAN does not work. Any help?

I run windows 10, and whenever I try to play games on LAN servers, anything from Minecraft to GMod it will not connect either way. I can't join other people's servers and they can't see mine. Anything public is not a problem at all. Any help? Is there a
    specific setting not allowing this? Possibly messing with my IP?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Amphyross, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Wartnaby Win User
    Windows 10 - Internet sometimes slow from load up and eventually makes my whole PC unable to click on anything

Hi Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10 :)

After upgrade on my PC from windows 7, the internet sometimes is really slow from startup, wont load even google and then eventually the whole PC desktop is un-clickable. I cant close the internet down, open any programs on my desktop/taskbar or even the
    start menu. I then have to ctrl-alt-delete and restart my PC to get everything to work again.

When it actually works ok, I then log onto online apps like 'steam' and teamspeak. But whenever I try to join an actual online game or TeamSpeak voice server, it fails to connect on everything. Its like windows 10 is stopping me from joining online servers.
    But I can use internet explorer fine when the PC decides to make everything work and not un-clickable etc.

Also, when I try to join an online game by clicking the 'PLAY' button on games such as CS:GO (I can open the game client, but cant connect to multiplayer servers) , it says 'unable to connect to server' and then does the whole un-clickable thing again.

I really don't want to revert back to windows 7, but I will have to if I cant use my PC properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wartnaby, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10

1. Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't join game

2. Can't join domain after update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join domain after update to 22H2: I've updated to Windows 11 22H2 through clean installation and now I can't join the domain controller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-domain-after-update-to-22h2/00bc7c89-069a-4970-b8f9-d0b15c4f1788
  3. Can't join domain after update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't join domain after update to 22H2: I've updated to Windows 11 22H2 through clean installation and now I can't join the domain controller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-domain-after-update-to-22h2/00bc7c89-069a-4970-b8f9-d0b15c4f1788
  4. Can't join minecraft server on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join minecraft server on windows 10: Hi, I have Minecraft for Windows 10, version 1.16.201. I've been trying to add and join a friend's server. I entered the address and the port which I read should be only one number, 19-something for Bedrock edition, but the port for this server is 25581?, and tried to join....
  5. I can't join Minecraft Servers in Windows 10 Edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't join Minecraft Servers in Windows 10 Edition.: Yesterday I tried joining "CubeCraft" and it said "Unable to connect to world" Then, I tried joining "The Hive" and it showed me that message again. After that, I closed Minecraft and opened it again and it didn't work. I don't know if I'm still having that issue because I...
  6. Can't be joined by friends in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't be joined by friends in games: I am having a rather annoying issue. It seems that for some reason I am able to join friends in their games, but people can't join me in my games except for my roommate! For instance; I am able to join a friend in Dark Souls 3, but she can not join me. Besides that,...
  7. I can't join any server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't join any server: When i try entering a server it gets stuck on `Loading World`. If i be lucky and join if i shift my game crashes.. Anyway to fix it? Sorry if i made so many writing errors, i am Brazilian....
  8. Can't join servers Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join servers Minecraft Windows 10 edition: I have tried multiple times trying to get this one server to work, it won't let me get into in at all. Could someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-servers-minecraft-windows-10-edition/48538dac-f12d-4087-8795-f864e42063d7
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 cant join any servers other than "official servers"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 cant join any servers other than "official servers": Hi I I'm currently having an issue where i cant join any servers I've tried litterally everything and i still cant join any I've restarted my pc several times and also reinstalled minecraft I've truned off firewall and allowed minecrfat to bypass firewall I've wiped the...
  10. Can't host or join game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't host or join game: I use a Client for LAN gaming called Tunngle, I use it for an old game. This is kinda weird. Sometimes when me or my friend hosts, we can't find either of our sessions, and then later or the next day, it suddenly works. Why is this happening? Is the game just old? And there...