Windows 10: Can't Join or Delete Homegroup

Discus and support Can't Join or Delete Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 3 PC ("Server" and two others) home network. On my Server, OLDLOCALUSER created a Homegroup in Win7. I upgraded all 3 PCs from Win7 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pfgoergen, Jan 22, 2016.

1. pfgoergen Win User

Can't Join or Delete Homegroup

I have a 3 PC ("Server" and two others) home network.
    On my Server, OLDLOCALUSER created a Homegroup in Win7.
    I upgraded all 3 PCs from Win7 to Win10.
    On my Server, I changed my OLDLOCALUSER to NEWMSACCOUNT.
    I also created NEWMSACCOUNT on the two other PCs.
    I lost the Homegroup password.
    When I try to access the Homegroup from Server or the other 2 PCs, I'm told that OLDLOCALUSER has already created a Homegroup.
    How can I remove the Homegroup or join the Homegroup?
    I would like to use the Homegroup.

Thanks,
    Pete

:)

pfgoergen, Jan 22, 2016
  2. Sidiaana Win User

Unable to exit from/join to the HomeGroup.

Original title: Homegroup

I can't join or leave my existing homegroup.

I can't delete the existing homegroup. It tells me that the user I'm using is the administrator, but it won't let me get to the homegroup to either show the password of the existing homegroup or to delete it.

I tripple checked every computer that is showing on my network list as connected, but neither of the computers is on the homegroup.

HOW can I get rid of the existing homegroup? Or make it possible for my computers to join that homegroup?

Sidiaana, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Stevepunk Win User
    Can't delete old homegroup, can't create new homegroup, can't join a homegroup, multiple homegroups, this is much harder than it should be

I have 2 computers on the network.

Each has the option to join a different homegroup.

I can't delete either existing homegroup

and I can't create a new homegroup.

What do I do?

Stevepunk, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Can't Join or Delete Homegroup

1. Can't Join or Delete Homegroup - Similar Threads - Can't Join Delete

2. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  3. Joining a HomeGroup

Joining a HomeGroup: I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the...
  4. About Homegroup Joining/creating Option

About Homegroup Joining/creating Option: hi ! I created homegroup from windows 7 , and wanted to join from windows 10 home , but I could not see any option of Homegroup to join or create in Windows 10 , but Pc in the Network was visible and opened too. But shared folder could not be opened. The shared Printer...
  5. Unable to Join HomeGroup

Unable to Join HomeGroup: Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup. I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot. Also...
  6. Homegroup issue - can't join or create new one

Homegroup issue - can't join or create new one: Yeah, same issue as many, it appears. In Windows 10, I have a Homegroup created by my laptop. But, not only can I not join it with other computers, but when I try with the laptop it says, "No Homegroup found". That's after telling me that the Homegroup exists and asks if I...
  7. Deleting The Homegroup

Deleting The Homegroup: OK, so having had some issues with Homegroup recently, the general advice seems to be to delete it altogether and just rely on standard networking. But I really, really don't want to have to log on to my PC's. While I understand that I can set the Windows Credentials to...
  8. Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro

Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro: Hi All, I have 2 Dell Alienware PC's. Both are running on Windows10Pro 64 BIT. One is a laptop and the other one is a Desktop. Both systems areconnected to the same and only network and not any domain whatsoever. The problem is, when I try to create a Homegroup on...
  9. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...