Windows 10: Can't land secure and a few other sites after Win 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Can't land secure and a few other sites after Win 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 1 year old i5 desktop on that I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 a week ago. Ever since I have been unable to land secure sites (https) “Establishing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ds1719, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ds1719 Win User

Can't land secure and a few other sites after Win 10 upgrade.

I have a 1 year old i5 desktop on that I upgraded from Win 7 to 10 a week ago. Ever since I have been unable to land secure sites (https) “Establishing secure connection” or others that just sit on or “Waiting for fonts.googleapis.com” or “Waiting for googletagservices.com”.

1) The condition exists on any browser i.e. Edge, Chrome, Firefox

2) I'm using an Ethernet connection.

3) I've disabled my anti-virus.

4) Two other family members using 6 year old laptops on Win 10 can land any site just fine Ethernet cabled our AT&T gateway.

5) I upgraded the “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” driver to the most current release according to Realtek's web site. - No help.

6) I loaded the latest Win 10 Updates last Wed 4-12-16. Actually thought this fixed the problem since the trouble went away until this afternoon 4-15-16 when the browser tried landing “go.microsoft.com”.
    Can't land secure and a few other sites after Win 10 upgrade. [​IMG]

7) I worked with MS for a while until they tried upgrading the Net Adapter (which disconnected the chat session) that I already told them was upgraded.

8) Loaded all but four (didn't exist) .dlls suggested in another thread. - No help.

The catch is that the condition toggles inconsistently meaning one morning I can access everything, the next morning or two I can not.

–-→ If I uncheck “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” in Ethernet Properties the problem is gone. Unfortunately this is only a band aid rather than a long term solution for a 1 year old machine.

Any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

:)

ds1719, Apr 15, 2016

2. Sue Microsoft - Class Action Suit - Windows 10

Yep a system image would save people a lot of grief from a bad upgrade.

But then again I can't count how many tech's here say a clean install of win-10 is necessary to work out all the soon to be showing up bugs in the upgrading process if it successfully lands on the win-10 desktop Can't land secure and a few other sites after Win 10 upgrade. :)

A lot don't get that far so you were lucky.

ThrashZone, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Compatibility with Office 2007 and MS Accounting 2009

Mine worked fine after upgrading from win 8 to win 10, but it's now stopped working after a bunch (like 40+) of security updates were applied a few days ago. It has something to do with the security handshake between the client and SQL server 2005 express
    that's running behind the scenes.

undercover73, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

Can't land secure and a few other sites after Win 10 upgrade.

1. Can't land secure and a few other sites after Win 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Can't land secure

2. "This site can't provide a secure connection".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This site can't provide a secure connection".: This issue occurs on all of my web browsers like google ,avast and avg secure browsers which is I cannot search anything but when I start my pc and I started google aswell, everything is running fine at first but when im in the middle of my online class or gmeet I get...
  3. Site is not secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site is not secure: I know this is a broad question with many solutions to which I have tried a lot. I am attempting to access army websites which require certain security certificates. I have gone about this with the help of forums I have used before and had no problems in the past with. I...
  4. Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10: I have upgraded a Lenovo G575 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything appears to work fine except that I can't adjust the brightness. Now its stuck on minimum brightness which was the setting before the upgrade. When I use the function keys I can see the Win 10 brightness icon going...
  5. games and few other programs dont work after upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    games and few other programs dont work after upgrade: i upgraded to windows 10 from 7 install went smooth but once it was done some of my games will no longer launch. i tried everything i could think of updated drivers but no help. for now i reverted back to windows 7 which to me is a better OS anyways but since support is...
  6. Can't log into the sharepoint site with Chrome after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log into the sharepoint site with Chrome after upgrading to Windows 10: My desktop was just upgraded to windows 10 and I can't use chrome to log into the sharepoint site. The site is redirected to a log in address however the screen remains blank....
  7. Can't always log into other sites

in Browsers and Email
    Can't always log into other sites: Two examples: 1. My bank and 2. My Kroger pharmacy. I can open the sites, type in my ID and password and the original screen pops back up asking me to log in. I went over to the Google browser and was able to get in with no problem. This has started only after installing...
  8. Calendar, Mail, and other apps not running after Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar, Mail, and other apps not running after Win 10 upgrade: I installed windows 10 upgrading from Win 8.1 Pro. and some built in apps will not run. The apps won't run are: Mail Calendar Calculator People Photos The icons for these are greyed out. When I click on them, I see a window open and instantly close. I can sometimes...
  9. secure site

secure site: Hello everyone keep getting this message on some sites, can anyone help [img] 94417
  10. Can't connect to a certain secured wifi after upgrading to Win 10

Can't connect to a certain secured wifi after upgrading to Win 10: Hey there, I need a laptop for my studies - that's why I looked for my HP 650 Laptop I used three years ago. First thing I did was upgrading to Windows 10. I didn't have any problems doing that at home connected to my home wifi. When I'm at school there are two wifi...