Windows 10: Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon

Discus and support Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, after a day using windows 10 I can't click any icons on the system tray and I can't click the windows button. I can click them with the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ruud, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Ruud Win User

Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon

Hello,
    after a day using windows 10 I can't click any icons on the system tray and I can't click the windows button.
    I can click them with the right mouse button.
    When I left click on them it gives a short loading cursor and after that it doesn't do anything.

:)

2. vishnu.sm Win User

Windows button or icon not working, and a few other icons in taskbar also does not work!

I can't open or left click on windows icon, wifi icon or other icons on the taskbar. Third Party softwares can be opened but not windows 10 icons!

Please help!

vishnu.sm, Dec 30, 2015
  3. jm56c Win User
    Windows Icon, Windows 10

I click on windows icon with my left mouse button and it no longer works. The right mouse button works on the icon but, I can't get to the settings to update or check status. The left button works every place else.

jm56c, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Ruud Win User

Fixed it by letting windows 10 reinstall and keeping my items.

Thema:

1. Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon - Similar Threads - Can't left click

2. How to change the remove hardware icon in systemtray ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the remove hardware icon in systemtray ?: Hi, I would like to know how to change the remove hardware icon wich is displayed in the system tray on Windows 10: https://i.ibb.co/wgDPZsJ/icon.jpg I have search in few DLL files in the "System32" and "SystemResources" folders, the only one file where i found this icon is...
  3. Left clicking Volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left clicking Volume icon not working: When I try left clicking the volume icon on my taskbar it doesn’t work. Right clicking the apps on my taskbar doesn’t work either. I can left click my apps and open them, but I can’t left click my icons on the right side of the taskbar. I tried to restart my windows explorer...
  4. Left Clicking Windows Icon

Left Clicking Windows Icon: Its been happening for a few weeks lately, but all of a sudden, I can't left click on my windows icon. I can only right click it. Any solutions? submitted by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5ssrc/left_clicking_windows_icon/
  5. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  6. Can't click on icons and right click

Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  7. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...
  8. Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right): Hello, I am on Win 10, 1803(Ver) on 64bit OS ,x64 processor. I have Conexant SmartAudio Audio driver installed for microphone and speaker. I can't seem to click the Speaker icon in the task bar, right or left. I noticed this issue when I couldn't set "Hey Cortana". I have...
  9. Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-Click on Windows Icon not working: I have seen this elsewhere but there seem to be different variations... so hopefully okay to post again The Left-Click on Windows Icon not working Packard Bell Desktop computer was 'trying' to do an update and it seems that following that the left-click option didn't...
  10. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons: Hi, After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar. When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens. But left click works. When I left click system icons like volume and network, nothing happens. But right click works....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. systemtray kb4512508