Windows 10: Can't locate documents on USB flash drive on my laptop

Discus and support Can't locate documents on USB flash drive on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged in a USB flash drive into my laptop and cannot find the documents coming up anywhere. one suggestion was to do a system scan(?). It said to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColleenFeehan-Richardson, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Can't locate documents on USB flash drive on my laptop

I plugged in a USB flash drive into my laptop and cannot find the documents coming up anywhere. one suggestion was to do a system scan(?). It said to press the Microsoft picture key +X, then click on command, then type in sfc/scannow. However, when I click on the Microsoft picture key +X, lots of stuff comes up but no "command" choice. What do I do?

:)

ColleenFeehan-Richardson, Aug 7, 2018

2. moving docs back and forth between laptop and flash drive

Hi Debo,

You can copy your files from the computer to your USB flash drive or other storage devices through the
    File Explorer. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

To copy the files from your PC to USB flash drive

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press
      Enter.
    • Insert the external storage device to your PC.
    • On the File Explorer window, select the files that you want to copy.
    • Right-click on the selected files and choose Copy.
    • Click This PC on the left-side pane of the File Explorer window, open your device under the
      Devices and drives section.
    • Press Ctrl + V key on your keyboard to paste the documents.

To copy the files from the USB flash drive to your computer

• Select the files from your external device.
    • Press Ctrl + C key on your keyboard to copy the files.
    • Select which location you want to paste the file from the left-side pane of the
      File Explorer window.
    • You may choose a location such as Desktop, Documents, or This PC.
    • Once you’ve selected the location, press Ctrl + V key to paste the files.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Aug 7, 2018
  3. PNY Debuts the Wave 3.0 USB Flash Drive

PNY Technologies has announced the launch of the Wave 3.0 USB flash drive, a must-have for users who want to store or share their photos, music, videos and documents while on the move.

Store and transfer images, music, documents and more up to 5x faster
    Stylishly engineered with a sleek, retractable design, the PNY Wave 3.0 USB flash drive boasts super-fast read speeds of up to 80 MB/s and write speeds of up to 20 MB/s - that's 5 times faster than USB 2.0. Fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices, it's ready to plug and play with your existing gear.

Can't locate documents on USB flash drive on my laptop PNY_Wave_Attache_3.0_01_thm.jpg

The PNY Wave 3.0 with protective sliding cover is the perfect solution for safely storing, transferring, and sharing your valuable files, photos, videos, and more.

Benefits:
    • USB 3.0 Flash Drive
    • Read Speed: up to 80 MB/s
    • Write speed: up to 20 MB/s
    • Capless design
    • 5x faster than USB 2.0
    • Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
    Availability and pricing:
    PNY Wave 3.0 is available now from all registered PNY retailers in the UK at the following recommended retail prices:
    • 16 GB - £19.99
    • 32 GB - £29.99
    • 64 GB - £59.99

Cristian_25H, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Can't locate documents on USB flash drive on my laptop

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Can't locate documents on USB flash drive on my laptop

1. Can't locate documents on USB flash drive on my laptop - Similar Threads - Can't locate documents

2. My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.: I've always used this flash drive, and it never had any problems. But when I started using it today, it's location did not show up in files like is automatically should. It doesn't even show the "eject hardware" option when I click on the symbol in my taskbar, but it does...
  3. My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.: I've always used this flash drive, and it never had any problems. But when I started using it today, it's location did not show up in files like is automatically should. It doesn't even show the "eject hardware" option when I click on the symbol in my taskbar, but it does...
  4. My USB Flash Drive is not working like a flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  6. usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location ": trying to create sys image for new win10, attempt to write to a 64 gb ntfs formatted flash drive formatted with diskpart and rufus, same error "not a valid backup location this seems to be an ongoing problem based on all the comments. what is the resolution? does MS...
  7. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  8. Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive: Can't copy files from PC Windows 10 laptop to USB drive nor delete file/folders on USB drive. Says I need administrator permission. I am the administrator. I can copy files/folders from USB to desktop. SD card is formatted for FAT32 so no security tab under properties....
  9. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  10. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...