Windows 10: Can't log in after Windows update

Discus and support Can't log in after Windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Juliamor6, May 25, 2018.

1. Juliamor6 Win User

Can't log in after Windows update

Hi everyone! I need some help:
    My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode but after selecting it from the list it just gets me back to the password screen. So I thought how to bypass the password screen so I can get him into his computer, I downloaded uukeys windows password recovery And burned it on a usb. I plugged it into the laptop and changed the boot order in bios so it would boot from the usb, but it still gets me to password screen. I even tried disabling Windows boot Manu and leaving just the usb option but that just throws me back to bios. Any thoughts? Thanks in advanceCan't log in after Windows update :)

:)

Juliamor6, May 25, 2018

2. Can't log on Windows 10 after updating insider preview

Hi Tung,

The above issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Non-updated keyboard drivers.
    • Wrong password entries.

Before we assist further, did you check if the login is accessible using
    On-screen keyboard?

If haven’t tried, use On-screen keyboard at login screen and check if you are able to login into the user account.

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to use on-screen keyboard at the login screen:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.
    • After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.
    • Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the login issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 25, 2018
  3. Can't log in after Anniversary edition if Cortana happens from lock screen.

Hi John,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the troubleshooter from the Microsoft help article below to resolve the issues with Cortana and check if it helps.

Start menu troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of unlocking the device using password and Cortana for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Can't log in after Windows update

1. Can't log in after Windows update - Similar Threads - Can't log update

2. Can't log in after update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after update Windows 11: I'm assuming this problem is because of an update that I was forced to install. I don't see anything else it could be. I type in my password and it accepts it, then asks me about a PIN that I can't create, then goes back to the sign in page for me to type it in again. It's...
  3. Can't log in after update Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in after update Windows 11: I'm assuming this problem is because of an update that I was forced to install. I don't see anything else it could be. I type in my password and it accepts it, then asks me about a PIN that I can't create, then goes back to the sign in page for me to type it in again. It's...
  4. Can't log in to Windows 10 after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log in to Windows 10 after last update: When I start my pc and try to log in using my pin code, I get an error saying my pin can be validated at this time. I tried getting a new pin code, but that failed. After that I tried loging in with my password, but Windows claims its wrong. I have tried to change the...
  5. Can't log in after new Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after new Windows 11 update: Last night my laptop automatically installed an update that forces me to sign into my Microsoft account in order to log into my computer. The problem is I lost my phone number so there isn't a way for me to sign in. I tried uninstalling the update through advanced options but...
  6. Can't log into Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log into Windows 10 after update: I am having trouble logging into my windows 10 machine. I just ran updates on it last night and this morning after booting the machine all I get is a log in window with a sign in option that wants me to log into my Microsoft account which I do not use to log into this machine...
  7. Windows 10 Can't log in after Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Can't log in after Update: So, this morning i was updating my Windows 10 Ver. 1803 into 1903. After the update was installed, i tried to log in but the system says my password was incorrect, i'm sure that the password was correct (Before updating, i clean install my Disk C system and log in into...
  8. Can't log in after using the window update assistant

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in after using the window update assistant: I have a laptop which had been unable to update for half a year. Everytime it tried to update, it failed. Finally I decided to use the window update assistant. It's took couple hours to update and it reset the entire computer (cause the update assistant only let me select...
  9. After windows 10 update can't log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows 10 update can't log in: Hello! Starting of with my apology if my english writting is little bit wrong or some words are incorrect (i'm from europe). And my apology if this is wrong topic. I just got new PC and my computer did update. After that i can't log in and shows i don't have enthernet...
  10. After Windows update: Can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After Windows update: Can't log in: Hi everyone! I need some help: My hubby updated his windows 10 on his Asus laptop, it took a long time and after it restarted he tried logging in using his password and gets a massage that the password is incorrect. The password is a 100% correct. I tried accessing safe mode...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant logn to US bank after last5 Windows update