Windows 10: Can't log in as administrator

Discus and support Can't log in as administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I did a clean install with FCU 1709. I am logged in as Local Account Administrator. When I try to log in with Microsoft Account, It says that a user on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Clint, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Can't log in as administrator

I did a clean install with FCU 1709. I am logged in as Local Account Administrator. When I try to log in with Microsoft Account, It says that a user on this PC already has a Microsoft Account with this E-Mail address. What am I doing wrong? I had this address before the clean install.

:)

Clint, Nov 25, 2017

2. "Log in as administrator"

55 SDFG

SteveBowers1, Nov 25, 2017
  3. "Log in as administrator"

how to sign in as administrator with windows 10

MichaelMcKay1, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 25, 2017
  5. Clint Win User
    Thanks for the reply Brink. I did some investigating. I think I found the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. My sign in for Carolyn is the one that I want to keep. In the User Account Details.txt there is a adk and a Carolyn both have same Hotmail address. How do I delete the adk one? It is not listed in netplwiz or under Users.

UserAccountDetails.zip

Can't log in as administrator [​IMG]

Clint, Nov 25, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It appears that your "adkin" account is shown as "degraded" in your account details report.

Are you able to delete the "adkin" account from within "Family & other people" settings?

*Arrow Delete User Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

If so, you should then be able to add the account afterwards to have it working.

Brink, Nov 25, 2017
  7. Clint Win User
    Thanks Brink. What would we do without you? Under Family and other people, I don’t have remove listed. adki wasn’t listed in accounts in Control Panel or netplwiz. I was afraid to try CMD, because Carolyn was beside it, I was able to delete adki from Local User Group. All is well again. Thanks again.

Clint, Nov 25, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news Clint. I'm glad everything is back to normal now. *Party

Brink, Nov 25, 2017
  9. Clint Win User
    I was going to mark as solved, but you beat me to it.

Clint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't log in as administrator - Similar Threads - Can't log administrator

2. Log in as an administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in as an administrator: Hello,couple of days ago i locked my computer using microsoft website as i thought i lost my lap top. I found it but now my lap top is locked and i need to sign in as administrator how do i do that ?...
  3. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10: Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as administrator. It prompts me to login but there isn't any login options the only option is "No". I can't run netplwiz and switch...
  4. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10: Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as administrator. It prompts me to login but there isn't any login options the only option is "No". I can't run netplwiz and switch...
  5. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't log on as administrator, access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log on as administrator, access denied.: I have a copy of Links 2003 that I ran with no problems under windows 7. I had to upgrade today to windows 10 because 7 will no longer be supported as of this coming Tuesday. I need to find out how to log on with Administrator privileges. Anyone have any suggestions? Jeff...
  7. Log in as Administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in as Administrator: My normal login user is set up as an Administrator type with no password, but when I launch Rosetta Stone it tells me I need to log in with administrator privileges. When I log in my screen comes up (no password needed) and I don't see any question asking me about logging in...
  8. Bsod and can't log into administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and can't log into administrator account: Hi, Our desktop running Windows 10 has started crashing with a Bsod. It does it immediately after logging into the administrator account and at some point after logging into a std user account. I want to run chkdsk because the event viewer shows bad blocks on the disk...
  9. Bsod and can't log into administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and can't log into administrator account: Hi, Our desktop running Windows 10 has started crashing with a Bsod. It does it immediately after logging into the administrator account and at some point after logging into a std user account. I want to run chkdsk because the event viewer shows bad blocks on the disk...
  10. Can't log in as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in as administrator: Can't log in as administrator. No suggested remedies work because I only get a NO option in the Change User Account Settings dialog box and it keeps telling me to log in as an administrator but I don't seem to have an administrator account anymore....