Windows 10: Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store

Discus and support Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd click the icon next to the search bar and click Sign In. Afterwards i'd select my account and then gray window would appear then disappear and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JonSpectre, May 12, 2017.

1. Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store

I'd click the icon next to the search bar and click Sign In. Afterwards i'd select my account and then gray window would appear then disappear and that's it. Nothing else would happen. Same thing happens when i tried downloading apps. I'd hit Get App then the gray window would appear then disappear and the page would just reload itself. I've recently also been having an issue where Microsoft Edge would close immediately close after i open it. Not sure if the issues are related. Here's an image of what occurs:

Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store [​IMG]

I've tried wsreset but that didnt work. Anyone know how to fix?

:)

JonSpectre, May 12, 2017

2. in my pc cant download any apps or games in store

Start by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down to the bottom

Click Windows Store Apps

Click Run the troubleshooter

When complete try opening the Store again.

Also check if the Store works in another user account.

Press Windows key + R

Type: wsreset.exe

Hit Enter

Do this a couple times then try launching the Store again.

Your Antivirus might be interfering with the Store, try disabling it 'temporarily' to see if it launches.

Check Windows Update and install the latest updates. Sometimes Microsoft releases infrastructure fixes for the Store through Windows Update.

You can also try resetting the store app using the following instructions:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-windows-...

If that does not work, try resetting the software distribution folder:

Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive.
    Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + X.

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

If you need more help, please continue to engage with us. We want to help you through this.

Andre Da Costa, May 12, 2017
  3. in my pc cant download any apps or games in store

Hello,

Try resetting Store app. Run following command in administrative Windows PowerShell:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, May 12, 2017
  4. s0urce Win User

Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store

Have you tried:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.

2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

?

s0urce, May 12, 2017
  5. Yeah

JonSpectre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store

1. Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store - Similar Threads - Can't log download

2. I can't download apps on the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download apps on the store: I'm trying to download the Netflix app and hulu and both just don't ever download. It just get hung up. I've tried all the other things other post have said event he PS command. Please help....
  3. I can't download apps on the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download apps on the store: I'm trying to download the Netflix app and hulu and both just don't ever download. It just get hung up. I've tried all the other things other post have said event he PS command. Please help....
  4. I can't download apps on the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Download apps, Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download apps, Microsoft store.: I am on windows 11 and I cant download any apps off of the Microsoft store. I tried resetting it and signing out and signing back out. Its for any app not just one or another. Thanks...
  6. Can't Download apps, Microsoft store.

Can't Download apps, Microsoft store.: I am on windows 11 and I cant download any apps off of the Microsoft store. I tried resetting it and signing out and signing back out. Its for any app not just one or another. Thanks...
  7. Can't Download Apps in Microsoft store

Can't Download Apps in Microsoft store: I can't download ANY apps in the MS Store. I've researched this, and tried multiple solutions posted here and elsewhere. I've run wsreset, reset the manifest whatever that was, run the troubleshooter, rebooted the PC, tried to stop and restart the update service wouldn't let...
  8. Can't download apps in Microsoft Store

Can't download apps in Microsoft Store: I can't get apps from Microsoft Store though I was able to do it months ago. I don't know when this happened but today I wanted to download Netflix but I couldn't and then this popped up. I tried every app but none worked. Please help me out. Thanks.[ATTACH]...
  9. Can't download apps from Windows Store after logging in on new device

Can't download apps from Windows Store after logging in on new device: So I bought FH4, downloaded it on my main device then wanted to play a different PC so logged in to the store and tried to install it - wouldn't work (error code: x8007f2f8). So after that I tried to play the game on the first device and it kept crashing upon loading....
  10. Can't Log In To Kindle App Downloaded From From Microsoft Store

Can't Log In To Kindle App Downloaded From From Microsoft Store: I'm running a Windows 10 64 bit (1803). I installed the Kindle app from the Microsoft store. I have 2-step verification set up with my Amazon account. When I tried to logon, it gives me an error message: There was a problem with your E-mail/Password combination. Please try...