Windows 10: Can't log in to my account after deleting registry files

Discus and support Can't log in to my account after deleting registry files in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! Here's my setup. I have been having problems with successfully updating Windows 10 for the past months where the updates failed to install. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Delta150, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Delta150 Win User

Can't log in to my account after deleting registry files

Hello!

Here's my setup. I have been having problems with successfully updating Windows 10 for the past months where the updates failed to install. I followed some steps on deleting some registry keys under ProfileList, which according to the article were causing the problem. However, after deleting one named s-1-5-18 and rebooting, I am now not able to login to my account. I also don't have access to safe-mode for some reason. When I do the Shift-restart procedure, it takes the to the system configuration window with only one option, shutdown computer.

Alternatively, I also have Kali Linux installed (which is how I am writing this threat right now), allowing me to have full access to my Windows partition, the export file of my registry key I deleted, and I even have access to my recycle bin folder, where I can see the folder s-1-5-18 I deleted. However, I don't know the right directory of this folder to move it to or I don't know if I could just import the registry file I exported before all went to hell. So basically, I have full access to every file and folder within my Windows partition from my Linux partition, which leads me to believe that I should be able to fix the registry files from here.

The registry key I deleted was found here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\s-1-5-18

Any advice and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Delta150, Nov 19, 2015

2. Windows update fail!!!

Hi, I just upgraded my windows 10 and after I updated my Microsoft account signing in to Microsoft doesn't work anymore and it fails to log in over and over. When I open my desktop; all the files there was gone and it makes me feel terribly shocked. I
    did everything I could deleting old account in the registry files but still it doesn't work anymore So I hard reset my with different account. I choose delete apps but remain my files but after doing so, it still looks still the same as empty as it is and
    I don't know where to find my lost files. pls help. I badly need my files back.. my thesis are there and I can't graduate without it.

Prince Cyril Echavez, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Files are on Disk , but inaccessible after reset/registry fiddle.

Did you delete a registry file or did you delete a key inside the registry?

What makes you think that your files are still there? Resetting Windows might have deleted them.

Assuming that the name of your profile folder is C:\Users\Haider, can you manually create this folder?

Can you log on under an admin account?

Frederik Long, Nov 19, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Boot to Kali Linux
    Navigate to the folder as shown in the screen shot then copy the files in the red box to the parent folder ie. config
    Reboot into Windows.

Can't log in to my account after deleting registry files [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Delta150 Win User
    Writing from my Windows Partition now *Smile. I did exactly what you told me to and I was able to logged in successfully.

Thank you so much. I wished I could have found this procedure before writing this post.

Thanks again.

Delta150, Nov 19, 2015
  6. You saved my a$$. I used the win10 command prompt and was able to copy the files from Regback to the config folder. Thanks again.

Wyndcrosser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't log in to my account after deleting registry files - Similar Threads - Can't log account

2. can't log into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't log into my account: I can't log into my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-into-my-account/eed64b7d-d06b-44da-8399-2cb1265faf31
  3. can't log into my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't log into my account: I can't log into my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-into-my-account/eed64b7d-d06b-44da-8399-2cb1265faf31
  4. Help fixing registry after deleting a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help fixing registry after deleting a file: Please help!Hi, I initially had some issues with the cryptographic services. When I searched online for solutions, I followed instructions to try deleting a registry using regedit i cant remember what file , and no longer am able to find the instructions i followedThe next...
  5. Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Log on to Computer Because Account was Deleted: Hi all, Would really appreciate some thorough help on this. I recently set up a Microsoft account for my niece and used it to log in to a new computer intended to be give to her. I downloaded any programmes she'd need like Office and such, then logged out and shut down the...
  6. Can't Log Into Local Account after Formatting my PC.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Log Into Local Account after Formatting my PC.: Hi, So I just formatted my PC to clean it up and I believe because my Product Key was provided by my university upon set up it forced me to Log into a Domain Account so Work/School Is this really the reason?. So I did, I logged into my university account. I finished set up...
  7. Delete Registry files by accident

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Registry files by accident: Hi! So I have accidentally deleted all the files except WorkFolders in: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers Please please help!!...
  8. Accidentally deleted registry file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted registry file: Accidentaly deleted “microsoft” from registry files when i meant to delete something else. I can’t do much as of now but when i try to start windows it says error and restarts it again, until i get the troubleshoot screen. Any help/advice to fix this and restore the...
  9. SysWow64 registry file deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    SysWow64 registry file deleted: Hello, so when i was deleting some virus regitry file i accidently deleted the SysWow64 files and everything get down, when i rebooted my pc, it crashed and return the 0×00000f error, but i have some access to my files using a bootalbe windows cd, i need a way to restore the...
  10. Update 1809 deleted files & photos, can't log on to my account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1809 deleted files & photos, can't log on to my account: My home PC automatically updated to the latest release and when I logged back on it told me that it couldn't log me into my account and had set up a temporary account. When I looked into my C drive all my files & photos were not there. I can't believe that a update has erased...