Windows 10: can't log in to win7 pc with win10 after 10130 update

Discus and support can't log in to win7 pc with win10 after 10130 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my google-fu has google-fummed, so I'm counting on the brain trust here for direction. I have a five pc home network. the main pc is win10/10130.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaypea500, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jaypea500 Win User

can't log in to win7 pc with win10 after 10130 update

my google-fu has google-fummed, so I'm counting on the brain trust here for direction.

I have a five pc home network. the main pc is win10/10130. the other pc's are all win7, but a mix of home and pro.

prior to updating win10 to 10130 (I was on 10074), I was able to connect to the shares on all of the win7 pc's. after the update, I can connect to all the pc's EXCEPT one. this win7 home pc keeps asking for it's log in credentials. I enter the username and password, and it won't log in, throwing the "use another account" up on the screen.

now I know I'm using the correct credentials, because I can locally log off and back on that pc.

I noticed this behavior this morning when the backup program on the win10 pc initiated it's weekly network backup. all the pc's got backed up except that one win7 home pc (the program gave an "insufficient permissions" error). that's when I discovered the win7 pc wouldn't allow log in over the network.

can someone point me in the right direction to solve this problem?

:)

jaypea500, Jun 14, 2015
  2. tonistein Win User

Sharing drives with Win7 & Win10

My system is running both Win7 & Win10 on different SSD. There are 2 more HDDs of 2TB each in the PC. After using them in Win10 & then switch back to Win7 the 2HDDs will be scanned at bootup over & over again. Those data created in Win10 are not accessible
    in Win7.

Then I got an USB flashdrive 64Gb created in Win7 & then used in Win10. After that it can't be accessed in Win7 anymore. Message say to format the drive before usage

tonistein, Jun 14, 2015
  3. GVLynch Win User
    Secure Connection Failed errors in Firefox after Windows 10 Update

After upgrade from Win7 to Win10 Firefox continued to work fine until yesterday when, after what I believe was a Win10 update, I cannot load (or properly display) secure sites...https sites. Can't log into Outlook for email...Secure Connection Failed.
    My online banking can be logged into but the site is displayed with text links instead of what a web page should look like. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox...not the problem. Secure sites seem ok in Microsoft Edge. Anybody else have problems with
    https sites after Win10 upgrade or update?

GVLynch, Jun 14, 2015
  4. jaypea500 Win User

solved it. somehow that one pc I couldn't connect to uses the "computer name" given at setup as the network user name, rather than using the usual log in user name. no clue how that happened since the rest of the pc's use the log in name to access shares. the strange world of windows...

jaypea500, Jun 15, 2015
Thema:

1. can't log in to win7 pc with win10 after 10130 update - Similar Threads - can't log win7

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy: I'm reluctantly starting the process of upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and I have a few concerns. How does Windows 10 Home edition currently handle installing updates? What are the recommended tools/techniques for enhancing privacy? Most of the information I've found online...
  4. Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers: I just updated my Windows 7 Pro laptop to Windows 10 Pro (1903) and now I can no longer see other computers on my home network. The others have both been Win10 machines for some time (recently updated to 1903) and I was able to see them in my Win7 network (via HomeGroup...
  5. after the win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after the win7 to win10: I see where everyone is talking about the oldwindows.folder, I don't have or have never seen it but I do have this "windowss7_os(C:)" that is part of my index under this pc. I had for the longest time 2 document folders. I did a search for the oldwindows.folder and the...
  6. Can't log in win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log in win10: Hi I cannot log into my pc Password being changed almost 4 times or more during reseting my password Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-log-in-win10/6e2035c2-d925-46df-b76b-37d58ea326a4
  7. Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7): Hi Last time I checked Win10 it was only possible to postpone installing certain Win updates that W10 found, nothing more. Is it EVER going to be possible on W10 to do as in W7 ... namely install only the Win updates that the user wishes to install? If yes - how? Thank...
  8. No internet connection after 10130 update

No internet connection after 10130 update: Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the previous build. 6442
  9. Win7 PC not seeing online Win10 PC after boot

Win7 PC not seeing online Win10 PC after boot: I have a Windows 10 PC that is online 24/7, but when I start up a Windows 7 PC on the same network, it never sees the Win10 system after it finishes booting. I have to reboot the Win10 system while the Win7 system is still running in order for the Win7 system to get the Win10...
  10. Will Win7 on my PC after I ugraded tp Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Win7 on my PC after I ugraded tp Win10?: I created a backup image of Win7 before I went to Win10 and If decided to go back to Win7, would it still it work ? It has been about 2 months since I upgraded Thanks *Smile 56514