Windows 10: Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

Discus and support Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krier, Apr 22, 2016.

1. krier Win User

Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network information. I have tried booting to a Windows 10 disc, and going through the repair options, but am not able to complete any of the repair options through the disc either. I don't have a password on my account to log in, but when I try to access the desktop, the message I get is "The Local Session Manager failed the sign-in. The RPC Server is unavailable." Never seen a message like this before, and couldn't find anything online with a similar issue. The computer is a stand-alone machine, and hasn't been connected to any kind of server before. Thanks for any help!

:)

krier, Apr 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSoD and restarting problem.

I can't boot at all, not even in safe mode. No way to get log files.

Abdur Rakib, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Can't log in in Safe Mode

I used the System Configuration tool to boot to Safe Mode, and now I can't log in. The only account is my Windows account (there isn't a separate admin account or anything), and it will not accept my password. I cannot log in in Safe Mode and I can't get
    back to normal mode - please help!

EäramárÑoldoran, Apr 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Can't log boot

2. Can't log in stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in stuck in safe mode: I entered safe mode to to delete some files but once I was done I shut down my pc, I have been using a pin to access my pc for some time now so I don't remember my original password and, when I started my pc I can't log in with my pin. The passwords I have tried are all wrong...
  3. Can't get on windows or boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get on windows or boot into safe mode: ive been having trouble without my computer for a while now but I saw that deleting some of The registry keys would fix my problem. What I deleted was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\s-1-5-18/profileimage now I cant login in and...
  4. Safe Mode Log In not possible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode Log In not possible: Dear Community, I have a problem with logging in, while in safe mode. The OS is Windows 10, on a Dell XPS 15. I switched to safe mode, because I wanted to change something in the UEFI. When I restarted the PC (after switching to safe mode, before changing anything in...
  5. Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode: Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me because I’m on the verge of Insanity. I have a Windows PC, with the Intel 2600 K processor, a Geforce GTX 580, 16 GB ram and 1 TB hard drive. I’ve had the same computer since 2011, filled with many personal files videos and...
  6. BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop: Hi all, I put my PC into sleep mode before heading out last night and upon my return I was presented with a BSOD. So I'm not actually sure if it went into sleep mode. I'm kinda at a loss as in to what is causing my bsod. It happens after the Windows logo, but doesn't...
  7. how to boot into safe mode without logging on?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot into safe mode without logging on?: if you can't get into your user account, is there another way to boot to safe mode? I think you can do this from windows recovery media, but I was unable to create that. (It didn't like my sandisk flash drive, even though my 3rd party programs have no problem making it...
  8. How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?: Ok, need help with a self induced catastrophe. I went into msconfig, to set Safemode booting so I could run Malware scans. One small problem, I can't remember my original Admin password. Haven't used it since day 1. I always used the 4 digit pin,. I don't want to crack or...
  9. In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing: Hi This is a brand new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I ran into the issue that seems common of "Critical Error - Start Menu ...." So I have tried various fixes gleaned from forums like this, and had decided to try safe mode with diagnostics, but now I can't...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...