Windows 10: Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

Discus and support Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krier, Apr 22, 2016.

1. krier Win User

Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network information. I have tried booting to a Windows 10 disc, and going through the repair options, but am not able to complete any of the repair options through the disc either. I don't have a password on my account to log in, but when I try to access the desktop, the message I get is "The Local Session Manager failed the sign-in. The RPC Server is unavailable." Never seen a message like this before, and couldn't find anything online with a similar issue. The computer is a stand-alone machine, and hasn't been connected to any kind of server before. Thanks for any help!

:)

krier, Apr 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSoD and restarting problem.

I can't boot at all, not even in safe mode. No way to get log files.

Abdur Rakib, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Can't log in in Safe Mode

I used the System Configuration tool to boot to Safe Mode, and now I can't log in. The only account is my Windows account (there isn't a separate admin account or anything), and it will not accept my password. I cannot log in in Safe Mode and I can't get
    back to normal mode - please help!

EäramárÑoldoran, Apr 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Can't log boot

2. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  3. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  4. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  5. Can't log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into safe mode: I am having issues with my laptop monitor so I was going to boot into safe mode to try to fix, but Windows keeps telling me my password is incorrect. It is not having me use my PIN but my actual password. And I know, despite it telling me its wrong, that it is right. I logged...
  6. Can't boot into safe mode.

Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  7. Can't log in safe mode

Can't log in safe mode: Hi, I'm updating my GPU, so I booted in safe mode to unistall the driver. But I can't log in, it won't accept my password. After a minute I always get a BSOD. There's a way to boot normally again? How can I boot in safe mode? I booted in safe mode via msconfig, don't know...
  8. Can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  9. Can't log in stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in stuck in safe mode: I entered safe mode to to delete some files but once I was done I shut down my pc, I have been using a pin to access my pc for some time now so I don't remember my original password and, when I started my pc I can't log in with my pin. The passwords I have tried are all wrong...
  10. how to boot into safe mode without logging on?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot into safe mode without logging on?: if you can't get into your user account, is there another way to boot to safe mode? I think you can do this from windows recovery media, but I was unable to create that. (It didn't like my sandisk flash drive, even though my 3rd party programs have no problem making it...