Windows 10: Can't login anymore the box is greyed out and there's no cursor

Discus and support Can't login anymore the box is greyed out and there's no cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I know exactly what caused this problem, but I can't do anything about it anymore because I can't even get past the blue login screen. This all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zaps13, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Zaps13 Win User

Can't login anymore the box is greyed out and there's no cursor

So, I know exactly what caused this problem, but I can't do anything about it anymore because I can't even get past the blue login screen. This all happened when I decided I was going to download a game I used to play called Mabibogi, silly me, I should have checked if it was Windows 10 compatible, it's not. So now when I try to login, the bar to enter my password is greyed out, as well as the switch user and shut down buttons, I used to have a cursor showing up, and now I don't, I've googled around and haven't been able to find anything, if it helps, I have a Dell Inspiron 620.

:)

Zaps13, Sep 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Azure Ad Connect Login issue

When starting up a new laptop out of the box we are getting a grey screen when logging in..

We boot machine, add to the wireless, then login using our Azure AD account login. it goes through he process of setting up then after a bit the screen goes grey. with only mouse cursor. I can do ctrl-alt-del and logoff. I try and log back in and same thing.

stonecold31666, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Login screen icons and password box are greyed out

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

To Disable Login Screen in Windows 10 follow the below steps.

1. Press the Windows Key to bring up the Start Menu. Type “Run.” From the results, right click on the Run icon and select “Run as Administrator.”

2 Enter netplwiz into the Run dialog box and press enter. From the resulting application, select your user account.

3. Locate the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer
    checkbox and uncheck it.

4. You’ll be presented with a prompt asking for your login credentials. If you used your email ID to sign up, then the complete email address will be your default username. Enter your information and press OK.

5. Reboot your device.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 17, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

I would say to try a repair, when you upgraded to windows 10, how did you do it, from media creation tool or you upgraded from files downloaded ? Try either Advanced options, then try Startup repair or try repair inplace upgrade. Do not see many others choices for you to do at this point, unless do a refresh loosing software installed, reset or clean install loosing all except OS.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/boot-to-advanced-startup-options-in-windows-10.6739/

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

jds63, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    I don't think I have seen a Win10 ever repair

6. jds63 Win User
    Options been there, i have never had to of yet. Been around for ages on many other OS's

jds63, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Zaps13 Win User
    I got the notification and installed from there, I need an option that I can preform from the boot up menu, I can't login at all. And I'd prefer keeping my files.

Zaps13, Sep 17, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Have access to another PC can download a Windows 10 ISO from ? Same other PC make a bootable disc or USB Flash then try a repair, as i missed realizing no access to PC to download or now even try inplace upgrade. If repair does not work, let me know, go from there.

option #5 after get a disc made https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Bazz Win User
    So are you also saying that you have never seen a 10 repair itself

10. jds63 Win User
    No, all i can say is never had opportunity of using it myself yet or have helped anyone use it that it helped yet, but is an option as it has always been with MS Windows.Sometimes a repair will not work in certain cases. Why against Windows 10 not being able to repair ?

jds63, Sep 17, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
    Congratulations it is rare that it works

12. jds63 Win User
    My concern now if will help the thread starter, if not, we move on to next solution.

jds63, Sep 17, 2015
  13. XweAponX Win User

It never worked for me either, I had to do a system restore. Startup Repair ran for 45 minutes then told me that it couldn't find anything wrong. I was stuck in a Lockscreen bootloop, entering my password only made it go back to the Lockscreen. Oh, I'd love it if it worked as well as it did in Windows 7...

I had to invoke sysrestore from an install dvd. So lately I have been just leaving it in the drive, heh. OP may have to do something like that, use install disk to start restore, restore to a point before the game was installed, if they can.

*Banghead

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't login anymore the box is greyed out and there's no cursor - Similar Threads - Can't login anymore

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Grey screen before login with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen before login with cursor: Windows said I needed to update it, and after reset, I was met with a grey screen. This is before login and I cannot access anything, I've tried almost everything to fix this and this issue has been ongoing for almost a day with it shut off. Nothing is working but I can see...
  5. Grey screen before login with cursor

Grey screen before login with cursor: Windows said I needed to update it, and after reset, I was met with a grey screen. This is before login and I cannot access anything, I've tried almost everything to fix this and this issue has been ongoing for almost a day with it shut off. Nothing is working but I can see...
  6. Grey Box traps cursor on Lenova laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Box traps cursor on Lenova laptop: This random grey box appears around clickable buttons on website, within excel sheets on my Lenovo laptop since the upgrade to Windows 11. I cannot click anything within this box -not by using an external mouse, not with the touch pad. I've tried using tabs to reach the box,...
  7. Grey Box traps cursor on Lenova laptop

Grey Box traps cursor on Lenova laptop: This random grey box appears around clickable buttons on website, within excel sheets on my Lenovo laptop since the upgrade to Windows 11. I cannot click anything within this box -not by using an external mouse, not with the touch pad. I've tried using tabs to reach the box,...
  8. Windows search box greys out when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box greys out when clicked: Sometime back in May? an Windows X update was loaded into my computer overnight, next morning the search feature in File Explorer goes grey every time it is clicked. The only way to remedy this was to uninstall the update. The next morning, Windows updated again with the same...
  9. Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock box at System Settings is greyed out: Hi, I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition. An objective - to be able to lock my PC. A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen, there is no Lock option. I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings. The Lock...
  10. Can't login to Windows , all buttons greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login to Windows , all buttons greyed out.: Hi Friends, I have normally shutdown the system as usual in night. But after getting back to my Windows I can't able to login. password fields, Wifi, Ease of Access all are grayed out. Kindly give answer if anyone already faced and solved this issue. Note:...