Windows 10: Can't login on my Win10 session, error about "last interactive logon"

Discus and support Can't login on my Win10 session, error about "last interactive logon" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Since this morning, I can't access my Windows 10 session (it's my personal/home PC and I'm the only one using it). After entering the password, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Netherkal, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Netherkal Win User

Can't login on my Win10 session, error about "last interactive logon"

Hi,
    Since this morning, I can't access my Windows 10 session (it's my personal/home PC and I'm the only one using it).
    After entering the password, I get this message:
    "This computer security policies are defined to display information about the last interactive logon, but Windows could not retrieve this information. Contact your network administrator for assistance."
    (my PC's in french so this is an approximate translation, sorry)

I tried going into safe mode and then connect to my session, but I don't know what to change to fix the problem. If I restart the PC normally after safe mode I get the same error again.

Everything worked very well the past months before this error; I haven't changed anything on the PC during my last session. There was no Windows Update during the night. I do not understand why this error occurs suddenly when everything worked fine for several months.

I do not know what these "security policies" mentioned in the error message mean, or the "interactive logon" (is it simply referring to the login or is it something else?)
    I did not find any French or English forum relating to this error message :c Any help or clue about it would be appreciated *Smile
    Thanks in advance !

ps: by trying to tweak the windows 10 settings in safe mode, I noticed I can't add a new user account (the popup closes instantly). I don't know if it's related to the main problem somehow.

PC Configuration: Windows 10 Family (upgraded from Windows 7 a year ago)

:)

Netherkal, Sep 25, 2016
  2. PieterWdV Win User

Can't log in to home computer due to security policy setting to show last interactive login info *Solution*

I still have this problem bugging me. All of a sudden Windows can't find the last login details and refers me to the magical informed administrator that's unfortunately myself (home computer). Solution strangely enough in my case is to simply disconnect
    the network cable to the router! With no internet the logon works perfectly. Not much point in this security feature then is there?

PieterWdV, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Remote desktop user account password has expired

I am aware of this. What about my suggestion that you're probably using a local account for your RDP session?

Frederik Long, Sep 25, 2016
  4. Netherkal Win User

Well... after a system restore, the issue disappeared.
    That doesn't explain anything, but at least now I can use my computer.

edit : well, the issue is still there the next day... At least with the system restore I can use my PC normally, but I can't really afford to lose 1h each day on this :c
    Any help would be great, please :>

Netherkal, Sep 25, 2016
  5. elliose Win User
    elliose, Sep 28, 2016
  6. Netherkal Win User
    Hi and thanks for the answer !
    I don't even know what a domain means here. I... don't think so ? It's my only computer at home.
    I've never touched anything close to "local group policy" or "local security policy" on this computer.
    Yet it seems like the closest anwser to the issue, so I tried what you said, but it didn't change the error message.
    And since I have only a basic version of Winodws10, I can't even access secpol.msc or gpedit.msc to change those policies...

ps: thanks to another forum my computer is 99.9% clean from any virus, adware, malware and other PUP (yeah... I had some). But that didn't help with the main issue either.

Netherkal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't login on my Win10 session, error about "last interactive logon" - Similar Threads - Can't login Win10

2. I can't login to my session because of Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login to my session because of Microsoft account: Today someone suggest me to add microsoft account to the computer so I can add 'find my device' feature. it ask me to restart my computer and then after I enter to my sessions section I see my full username as the name of my user account but everytime I click on login it...
  3. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  4. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10: Hi therei'd like to run a role policy which will allow one user login session and will kill the rest other login sessions to win10 domain using AD usersThanks in advance...
  5. setting one user login session and kill the rest other login sessions to win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Interactive Logon and VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Interactive Logon and VPN: This is probably a silly question, but our users are working remotely and would like to get notifications for when their AD password is going to expire. I was going to use the Group Policy "Interactive logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration". Based on the...
  7. Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does...: Error: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated I receive the above error when attempting to map a network location. I have a NAS RAID on a static IP subnet and when I attempt to connect via the static port on my laptop I cannot get...
  8. HELP - Stuck at logon screen after last Win10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HELP - Stuck at logon screen after last Win10 update: I cannot even use any of the Troubleshooting options...all of them do nothing, just black screen, until I switch off the pc again. I cannot even enter bios with the usual key (Del), but the keyboard lookslike is working (capitals key light is working at least). Questions:...
  9. Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?: I am VERY confused - Please help. By setting up Full Drive Encryption on Win10 and 8 systems, with a BitLocker password, will that BitLocker password would be the same as the normal Windows user account password? On these OS systems there is a new Local Security Policy...
  10. Interactive Sessions to learn more about Office 2016 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Interactive Sessions to learn more about Office 2016 and Windows 10: Social collaboration improves an organization’s ability to react quickly to new data and information. [img] An online immersion session is not your typical online event. These 90-minute interactive sessions start with an online roundtable discussing your business...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. luafv driver blocked from loading