Windows 10: can't login on win10 local account please help

Discus and support can't login on win10 local account please help in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I updated win7 to win 10 finally when im going to use it, ask for my local account password when I put on exactly the same password that I used on win7... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jumper22, Oct 13, 2015.

1. jumper22 Win User

can't login on win10 local account please help

I updated win7 to win 10 finally when im going to use it, ask for my local account password when I put on exactly the same password that I used on win7 it says it is incorrect password, I keep trying but it doesn't work ad I need it for school and i don't know what to do, so please if anyone can help it will be appreciated!!!!

:)

jumper22, Oct 13, 2015
  2. smurfblue Win User

Unable to log into my PC with microsoft account without an internet connection?

need help please !

Win10 - cannot login to my home PC with the microsoft account without an internet connection ?

how in the world are you unable to login to the desktop without WI-FI , makes no sense??

Why does it not let you login locally ??? what is the workaround ??

for sure will unlink the two...as this is nonsensical Microsoft

please advise what my options are,

thanks

smurfblue, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Unable to log in to Windows10

I had only local accounts in Win8 before upgrading to Win10. However, after the upgrade, I can't login in.

Even when I am online with Wifi connected, it gives me an error on entering password "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password. Used on this device."

I have tried all previous passwords but no use. However, I had another user login set up in the machine and could log in with this credential.

To be safe, I set up additional local PIN login for this User. All, please ensure this, otherwise you culd face desperate situations helplessly trying to use/login to your own PC/device. When ever travelling, I do not have net connectivity, hence I now
    use this PIN method, to log in. Picture login was a waste of time, as it was not succesfull, after all the efforts to set it up!!!

My issue now is with my original profile in Win10 login, though I can login to the same microsoft account, through the other profile. The passwords works, fine then!!!!!So my password was correct. Additionally, now I do not have any adminiistrative rights,
    in the second profile, as this has been disabled by Win10 (though it was a administer account in win 8 before upgrade). I can't figure what to do now, as I cant change anything.

Is there any way only to maintain only local profiles and avoid microsoft login as i am used to? This is such a dissappointment and am suprised Microsoft didnot clarify this during the upgrade process or atleast to make a standby PIN registeration mandotory,
    before upgrade. Plz help.

RamakrishnanVenkataraman, Oct 13, 2015
  4. can't login on win10 local account please help

Hello jumper22 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

When you first upgraded to 10 did you enter any password such as the one already in use on 7? If you left the box blank and simply skipped entering the one used for 7 no password was assigned and all you need to do is click the arrow next to the box to proceed on to the desktop during the first few start ups. Afterwards you will simply see the admin account welcome screen as the auto admin logon process brings you direct to the desktop without the prompt.

Entering a password without having originally assigned one will continue to see the invalid password error appear. If you did assign the same password you may have entered it with one digit being off and are now not able to sign in. What may be a help in case you did see a password entered would be the guide for turning on or off the option to automatically sign into the user account being the admin user account you have.

can't login on win10 local account please help [​IMG]
    OPTION TWO
    can't login on win10 local account please help [​IMG]

Turn On or Off Automatically Sign-in User Account at Startup in Registry Editor

Night Hawk, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

can't login on win10 local account please help

1. can't login on win10 local account please help - Similar Threads - can't login win10

2. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login as my local admin account: I have two local accounts on the PC. Windows automatically logs in as Operator.adminOperatorI removed administrator access from the Operator account and now I can't get it to login as my admin account. I can boot to cmd, make changes to the registry, but they don't take. I...
  3. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login as my local admin account: I have two local accounts on the PC. Windows automatically logs in as Operator.adminOperatorI removed administrator access from the Operator account and now I can't get it to login as my admin account. I can boot to cmd, make changes to the registry, but they don't take. I...
  4. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Local account login hijacked by Microsoft Account - can't revert?

Local account login hijacked by Microsoft Account - can't revert?: My son was updating the Minecraft Launcher on my wife's computer yesterday WIndows 10 Home. Somehow in this process, it changed her 'local user' account to be associated with his Microsoft Account. So now her computer is locked up with the restrictions we had set in the...
  6. Can't login to local account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  7. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  8. Can't login to local account.

9. Account Hacked. Can't change local login.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Hacked. Can't change local login.: Hello, I have reason to believe my accounts been hacked, because my computers has 475gb stored on the C: drive with all that data being stored in the temp folder. The first thing I tried to do was change my password, but the "change password" option has been removed from my...
  10. Change login email to local win10 account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change login email to local win10 account.: Hi, my son and his friend have created a new local account on his win 10 desktop. Unfortunately, this new instance has his friends email account linked to it. My sons original account is still on the PC but non of his data, apps etc. How can I change the login email to this...