Windows 10: Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

Discus and support Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 and skipped the sign up process at the beginning but now when I try to sign up to my Microsoft Account it shows no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FROST, Jul 29, 2015.

1. FROST Win User

Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and skipped the sign up process at the beginning but now when I try to sign up to my Microsoft Account it shows no response when I click it. I haven't been able to use cortana or download anything from the store because it shows no response when I click it. Whenever I try signing up for cortana a black screen pops up for a millisecond everytime I click on it but nothing happens. I can't even make the sign up dialog box appear. Help!!!

:)

FROST, Jul 29, 2015

2. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

Hello Zaid,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Suggest you to shutdown your PC completely, wait for sometime and restart your computer. Now go back to
    Start/>
    Settings/>Accounts/>Your email and accounts
    under Setting, then try clicking Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    Enter your existing Microsoft account credentials if it prompt for authentication and then follow the steps to switch your account to Microsoft account.

If it still doesn't respond, then try to configure any of the windows 10 feature on Local account. Like
    Mail app, Xbox or any other feature, that which requires Microsoft account. By doing this will automatically switch you to
    Microsoft account from Local account, and you need to use the same to access PC. In simple the action will change your
    Local account into Microsoft account automatically and it is default and mandatory to use password or PIN for accessing
    Microsoft account.

In case problem still persist, then there might be issue with the System files or with the User Profile corruption. Follow below mentioned troubleshooting steps and see if they helps.

Method 1:

Use the DISM tool and System File Checker
    for repairing any missing or corrupted system files, in case they are causing any issue.

• Click Start.

• Type cmd, and then press
      CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).

• If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.

• Type or copy paste the below command lines one by one into it and hit Enter key:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Reboot your system to see if problem still occurs.

Method 2:

Sometimes a corrupted User Profile might cause this kind of behavior. Suggest you to check this issue by setting up another User Profile, if problem still appears. This will give us the clue on the root cause of the issue. Follow
    below mentioned steps to setup new User Profile.

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File >
      Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD
      and hit Enter key. Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt and hit Enter key:

net user test /add

• This command will create a new user account calledtest.
    net localgroup administrators test /add

• On executing this command makes
      test account as administrator. In simple this will give administrator privileges to test account by adding it to administrators group.
    Note: In the above command line,
    test is the name of the User Profile which we're creating. You can keep any name in the place of
    test that which you think your User Profile name should be.

Now logoff from the existing User Profile. When you're on the login screen, on the left bottom corner you can see the account which we have created. Now login with that account and try to convert that account as Microsoft account
    by navigating to Start/>
    Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Sign with Microsoft account Instead. If you have Microsoft account try to use that by entering the credentials or else follow the steps
    to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

If everything works fine there, then the possible cause of the issue will be a corrupted User Profile. A corrupted User Profile will be fixed by a Cumulative Windows Update, which will roll out in future. Till the time you can
    continue using new User Profile by transferring required file manually.

Keep posted how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and skipped the sign up process at the beginning but now when I try to sign up to my Microsoft Account it shows no response when I click it. I haven't been able to use
    cortana or download anything from the store because it shows no response when I click it. Whenever I try signing up for cortana a black screen pops up for a millisecond everytime I click on it but nothing happens. I can't even make the sign up dialog box appear.
    Help!!!

ZaidNaikwadi, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking

I am having the same issue. Someone please help!

Dtsmaximus, Jul 29, 2015
  5. FailLord Win User
    I'm having the same issue. It's quite frustrating.

FailLord, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Type contact support in the cortana search and chat with them they fixed mine with remote access something about start up programs.

Dtsmaximus, Jul 30, 2015
  7. We performed a clean boot where it start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs and it fixed the Windows Store sign in issue of your Windows 10.

Dtsmaximus, Jul 30, 2015
  8. fergiet Win User

Same issue here, may roll back and try again. It's a pain !

fergiet, Jul 30, 2015
  9. KMR
    kmr Win User
    I had the same problem after upgrading from Windows7. I managed to solve the problem by adding a new user account manually with cmd.

Run cmd as administrator and use the following commands:

net user /add useraccountname mypassword

net localgroup administrators useraccountname /add

net share concfg*C:\\/grant:useraccountname,full

net user useraccountname

Now there's a new user account created with the name: "useraccountname" and password: "mypassword".
    For me it was possible to switch to the new account and in the new account I was able to sign in to my Microsoft account.

10. JSC
    Jsc Win User
    It wont let me role back :/ So I have no idea how to fix this problem short of formatting my drive. I do hope a fix does come along soon.

11. Contact support chat with them.give them remote access .

Dtsmaximus, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Terran Win User
    Cant do this because you cant login MS acc.

I hv the same problem as all of you here. How can this possible? How this can be solved?

Terran, Aug 1, 2015
  13. gigagiel Win User

Thank you so much! It worked for me *Smile. The disadvantage is that all my favorite settings changed to normal. Is it possible to copy the settings from my local acc to the microsoft acc?

gigagiel, Aug 1, 2015
  14. Anyuland Win User
    I can't even access the cmd prompt without entering the account password, which of course it says is incorrect, even though it works to login to my live account online. In fact, if I look a recent activity online, it shows successful login attempts from my window PC that I am locked out of. Support has been NO help. WHAT A JOKE!

Anyuland, Aug 1, 2015
  15. ZJE123 Win User
    ZJE123, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't login to MS Account because nothing happens after clicking - Similar Threads - Can't login Account

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  4. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  6. Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download apps, nothing happened after click "Get": After I click the "Get" button on the app page, nothing happened on Edge, Chrome, Opera. I done the trouble shooting by windows/setting/update-securiy/troubleshoot/widows-store-apps,, it shows no error. On the app store, I tired signout my account, but still the same ,...
  7. Netflix after click install button nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix after click install button nothing happens: Netflix after click install button nothing happens Ukraine version of store Any other apps installs as expected. Win 10 updated and rebooted after. What i have already tried: 1 Reset app 2 Run Troubleshooting 3 Clear cache via WIN+R->wsreset.exe 4 Sign out / Sign in...
  8. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...
  9. Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens after clicking an account to Get started in Windows Insider Program: I've seen some similar -and closed- questions about this but no one has a valid solution for me. Can't activate the windows insider program. After I click on "Get started" button, pick an account to get started clicking on the "+" button Link an account, I select my account...
  10. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon: Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10? If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click on the link toActivate by phone, nothing happens. Also, if I try to activate Windows 10 by opening a command prompt and...