Windows 10: Can't login with Pin code

Discus and support Can't login with Pin code in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am using Windows 10 (Build 10586.3). When I try to login with pin code, it takes long time then it didn't login. If I change the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kokoda, Nov 16, 2015.

1. kokoda Win User

Can't login with Pin code

Hello everyone,

I am using Windows 10 (Build 10586.3). When I try to login with pin code, it takes long time then it didn't login. If I change the to settings ==> Lock Screen ==> and enable "show windows background picture on the sin-in screen" it works! I tried the following solution (which is posted in many websites) to get it fixed:
    ---
    Setting ==> Account ==> Siagn-In Options
    Push "I forgot Pin" ==> sign-in as requested, when requested to create new PIN, PRESS CANCEL
    Then open File Explorer Navigate to: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    must be logged in as an Administrator - Delete everything within that folder
    Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options
    Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    ---

However, it works but when I restart the issue comes back agin. Any solution will be appreciated.

Regards,

:)

kokoda, Nov 16, 2015
  2. vorob Win User

Pin Login won't work on Win 10 CU

Before Win CU I could login via Pin code with no issue. After it there are no way to login via Pin code. I need to turn it ON. But I can't do this because of described in first post issue. Simply can't add it.

Yep, i'm currently login via MS account password.

vorob, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Phil W-S Win User
    Windows 10 Home version 1709 (16299.192): Lock screen option has disappeared

Hi Dennis,

I have not yet set up a new user profile. This is a bit troublesome since the users are linked to Microsoft accounts so I can't set up two logins for the same account. Additionally, if the user profile is corrupted I would assume that Mohammed AliAli's suggestion
    would simply copy the corruption from the one login to the other?

In terms of possible "corruption", I find the same issue exists on all the logins on the PC. Some of these logins had local PIN login. For these I found that an attempt to login to the PC with a PIN would show an error. It started "Something went wrong"
    and included the code 0x8009002d. Logging in with a password worked, and resetting the PIN re-enabled PIN login.

Could this be the underlying cause? Is there a solution without having to re-create the logins?

Phil

Phil W-S, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

Can't login with Pin code

1. Can't login with Pin code - Similar Threads - Can't login Pin

2. Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect: I cannot login using my pin it says my pincode is incorrect, I am using my fingerprint now to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-with-pin-code-says-the-pin-code-is/b8a764bd-8cd4-4b5d-9320-81dcbb0458fa
  3. Can't login with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login with PIN: Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I enter my PIN, it tells me my credentials cannot be verified.If I try to reset my PIN, it tells me I'm not able to.If I try...
  4. Can't login with PIN

Can't login with PIN: Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I enter my PIN, it tells me my credentials cannot be verified.If I try to reset my PIN, it tells me I'm not able to.If I try...
  5. Can't login with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Can't use PIN to login code 0x80090016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use PIN to login code 0x80090016: ** Ive had this account and laptop for years** The other day I tried to download an app for my Asus laptop. I was told I need a pin to do so, so I went to create a pin for my account but kept going in loops with it telling me it was unavailable to make a pin, but not telling...
  7. Can't use PIN to login code 0x80090016

Can't use PIN to login code 0x80090016: ** Ive had this account and laptop for years** The other day I tried to download an app for my Asus laptop. I was told I need a pin to do so, so I went to create a pin for my account but kept going in loops with it telling me it was unavailable to make a pin, but not telling...
  8. Can't use PIN to login code 0x80090016

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. login pin code not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login pin code not working: hi, i am having a very frustrating problem with my laptop which is a windows 10 hp laptop. Recently my start button and start icons were not working so i decided to fix it by updating my windows system then after that i safe booted my pc by ticking network and straight...
  10. Login with PIN code?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login with PIN code?: Hey, I have the PIN set up already but that's only for when I lock the PC, is there a way where I have to enter my PIN to access the computer from boot up. 16445