Windows 10: Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

Discus and support Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently received a new Lenovo laptop, and I've noticed I can't move the cursor at all while holding down any key. This is really irritating,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cypherlaw, Dec 28, 2016.

1. cypherlaw Win User

Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

Hi, I recently received a new Lenovo laptop, and I've noticed I can't move the cursor at all while holding down any key. This is really irritating, especially as a gamer, so could somebody please help, thanks.

(I'm running on Windows 10)
    My touchpad is a Synaptics TouchPad V8.1 on PS/2 Port

I've also looked at other posts similar to this one, and I've tried to change my Palm Tracking but I can't edit it at all

Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help [​IMG]

as you can see the bar is greyed out, and I can't change the slider

:)

cypherlaw, Dec 28, 2016
  2. S.Kuzmack Win User

Touchpad: elminating tap-to-click

I still really need help with this problem. Even the lightest brush against the touchpad results in switching windows, or switching lines while I'm in the process of typing. It's becoming a major problem for when I tutor online (via typing).

I've tried reducing the sensitivity of the touchpad, but although that makes it harder to use the touchpad to move the cursor around, it doesn't help at all with preventing unintended clicks.

It's a constant problem, and a serious one. Please help.

S.Kuzmack, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Slider greyed in PalmCheck setting

As long as the Synaptics touchpad is enabled, you should be able to use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time. Changing the sensibility helps avoid moving the mouse cursor accidentally while typing.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Martin Bar, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

Welcome to the TenForums.

I think you will find the V8.1 is your firmware. I have older firmware but a very recent driver, V19. I have more tabs and options and I would think your device, being newer should be better. I can move touchpad with select keys depressed.

If you go into your device manager and look at driver I think, and I could be wrong, that you will see a different version number. With this in hand you can see if Lenovo has a newer driver or if Synaptics has a new driver. Watch compatibility, lots of different touchpads. Before updating driver I recommend you create a restore point and maybe even a image using Macrium Reflect. Always good to be able to reverse.

Caledon Ken, Dec 28, 2016
Thema:

Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

1. Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help - Similar Threads - Can't move cursor

2. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  3. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  4. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't move touchpad while typing.

Can't move touchpad while typing.: So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings....
  6. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  7. Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing: Im having issues trying to play games on my windows 10 HP omen laptop. Anytime i press a key theres a delay before i can move the mouse,also, anytime i hold down a key im unable to move the mouse around. please help?...
  8. I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.

I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.: I can't move my cursor while I'm typing. I game on my windows 10 laptop and it is annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-my-cursor-while-im-typing/77e37b66-27a9-439b-94bb-58f5c99bc6bc
  9. Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad)

Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad): Hi, got this problem after I install the precision touchpad driver. Before this, I can use the Synaptics control panel to fix this. the cursor can reflect quickly after I typed, it is comfortable to use. But after I install precision touchpad for my Hp specture, there is no...
  10. Moving cursor while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving cursor while typing: When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing. 44976