Windows 10: Can't move icons in Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Can't move icons in Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just started having a weird issue where when I'm trying to rearrange my start menu pins, as soon as the icons all go dim when I'm dragging one, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nabby, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Nabby Win User

Can't move icons in Windows 10 Start Menu

I just started having a weird issue where when I'm trying to rearrange my start menu pins, as soon as the icons all go dim when I'm dragging one, the icon I'm dragging disappears and I lose the ability to move anything. The whole start menu is still responsive - I can click on pins to launch apps, and everything down the left side still works. But the pins all stay dimmed out and I can't click and drag anything else. If I restart Windows Explorer, the Start Menu goes back to normal, but it happens again if I try to move a pin. Sometimes if I'm really fast, I can drag one to a new spot before the dimming effect can take place and it works fine, so I have a suspicion that it's the dimming effect that's causing the problem. I only just noticed it today, and the most recent change I've made to the system was upgrading to a GTX 1070. I tried going into the visual effects and disabling everything, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on the dimming when moving pins in the start menu. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Nabby, Oct 22, 2016
  2. fdabbott Win User

Issue with Start Menu Icons on Windows 10

No I can't move them manually. They are locked in place.

Doug

fdabbott, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Issue with Start Menu Icons on Windows 10

In windows 10 start menu. Every time I move an icon, the others will not rearrange. Is there a setting to control that?

original title: Start Menu Icons

CarlosRenta, Oct 22, 2016
  4. Nabby Win User

Nabby, Oct 22, 2016
  5. pds0013 Win User
    I had the same problem. It's due to nVidia driver 375.57.
    nVidia released an updated driver yesterday (375.63) that resolves the issue.
    Cheers,
    Striken0013

pds0013, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't move icons in Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't move icons

2. Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -: Hello,I'm facing these problems below:I can't left or right click the start menu Windows Icon + I can't right click the apps that is running on the taskbar + I can't use the search bar + I can't open windows settings even with Win Key + i + I can't open Microsoft StoreI've...
  3. Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -: Hello,I'm facing these problems below:I can't left or right click the start menu Windows Icon + I can't right click the apps that is running on the taskbar + I can't use the search bar + I can't open windows settings even with Win Key + i + I can't open Microsoft StoreI've...
  4. Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 build 19042.868 Start Menu Tiles can't be moved.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 build 19042.868 Start Menu Tiles can't be moved.: I have this problem since I installed windows, I thought it was going to be fixed in a future update so I waited for one and, after I got a new update, it still hasn't been fixed. I can pin apps to start, I can move groups, but I can't move the tiles themselves, because they...
  6. can't rearrange certain icon in start menu

can't rearrange certain icon in start menu: Several of my icons in the start menu I can't move. I can resize them, but it won't allow me to move them. This applies for - documents folder - videos folder - pictures folder - downloads folder I can still rearrange all my other icons, such as - Dropbox folder -...
  7. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  8. Windows 10 - Start Menu Icons

Windows 10 - Start Menu Icons: I've made custom icons, they will pin to the start menu but I can only size to medium and small. What do I need to do to so they can resize to LARGE?...
  9. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601
  10. Win 10 start menu cannot move icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 start menu cannot move icon: Hi i get this problem can someone help me. i run in win 10 enterprise [img] 47745

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu move calc icon

2. I cant rearange the icons in the start menu?

3. cannot move icons in start menu

4. cant move icons in start menu,
  5. cant move anything on start menu,
  6. cant move icons,
  7. how to move icons on start menu,
  8. cant move start menu icons windows 10,
  9. can not move icons on start menu