Windows 10: Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors

Discus and support Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have a really weird problem here... Equipment used: * Lenovo Yoga 370 laptop with latest Windows 10 Pro x64 * Microsoft IntelliMouse (set at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marmalas, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Marmalas Win User

Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors

So I have a really weird problem here... Equipment used:

* Lenovo Yoga 370 laptop with latest Windows 10 Pro x64

* Microsoft IntelliMouse (set at 1600dpi, but other options give same result)

* DELL WD15 USB-C dock

* Two monitors 1920x1200 24" ThinkVision, connected to the dock (tried DELL monitors with same resolution - same result)

My desktop is extended over all 3 monitors (laptop's internal + 2 external) in a reverse-pyramid scheme, like shown below.

The problem is: I can't move my mouse through one of boundaries, in this case from monitor 1 to 3. But I can go from 1 to 2 and then to 3 just fine. I can also sometimes move it directly if I drag it really quickly. So it looks like there is a tiny gap between the monitors and my mouse gets stuck.

I have tried a cheap (non-gamer) Logitech mouse and it works fine, probably just jumps over the gap due to slow refresh rate.

Now it looks like the gaps, as shown in Display Settings, are bit different. I have tried to realign, but if I drag one closer, the other one jumps back. Bit ridiculous problem, I know, but very, VERY frustrating to run my mouse in circles to get from one monitor to another.

This works fine, however, if all monitors are arranged in one line, either horizontal or vertical.

Please advise.

Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors 5c1fe973-0ffe-4764-a37e-ff0079254492?upload=true.png

:)

Marmalas, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Vega Hassan, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors

Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors

1. Can't move my mouse across boundary between some of monitors - Similar Threads - Can't move mouse

2. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  3. Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup: This might be a bit of an an usual problem, atleast I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. I have 5 Monitors in a surround setup as one can see in this screenshot of my display organisation: [ATTACH] Moving the cursor or windows between monitors poses no problem...
  4. Move mouse between non-touching monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move mouse between non-touching monitors?: This is my current setup. I can move the mouse between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, but not between 1 and 2. How can I make it move between 1 and 2? submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup: I have a multi-monitor setup like this: https://imgur.com/a/U3rRx2g Everything works well, except to reach monitor 4, I can only move my mouse from monitor 3->5->2->4, but I can't go directly from monitor 3->4. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Future-Professional [link]...
  6. Mouse movement between monitors

Mouse movement between monitors: I had two monitors and recently upgraded one of them to a 32" one. Before the change my mouse moved left to get to the left monitor and right to go back to the right one, no problem. All I did was turn off the computer, unplug the VGA cable for the old one and plug in the new...
  7. adusting the boundary and fixing my mouse pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    adusting the boundary and fixing my mouse pad: Hi guys! I have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. May you please help me? I have an extended screen set up, and the image boundaries of my second screen are far off from the actual screen boundary. for example, I cannot reach the Minimize-Maximize-Close tabs. Is there...
  8. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....
  9. problems moving mouse between vertical monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    problems moving mouse between vertical monitors: I recently received my Alienware Aurora and set it up in my home office. I have a triple screen setup with two monitors mounted vertically above and below one another,and the third monitor on the left of these two in portrait mode. The two vertical monitors are both in...
  10. Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors: Hi. I have an annoying problem. When I move from my secondary LCD to the primary, sometimes the mouse won't cross the threshold unless I move it fast. I read about mouse monitor escape speed from this thread, but after adding the reg key to the control panel/desktop and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move mouse across screens

2. cant move mouse across monitors suddenly

3. why cant i move my mouse between monitors

4. updating mouse boundaries windows 10 multiple monitors,
  5. multiple monitors cant move mouse across parts of screen,
  6. windows 10 multiple monitor cursor boundary,
  7. how to move mouse between two monitors in Dell,
  8. mouse cursor hesitation between monitors,
  9. move cursor between two screens,
  10. i cant move my mouse across monitors,
  11. move mouse between two monitors,