Windows 10: Can't move the start button to lower left, Windows 10, tried all usual fixes.... Can anyone...

Discus and support Can't move the start button to lower left, Windows 10, tried all usual fixes.... Can anyone... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Installed Google Wear OS for my Fossil Watch, then transferred it to my phone. Noticed my start button had moved. Now I can't move it back to usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DouglasSwims1, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Can't move the start button to lower left, Windows 10, tried all usual fixes.... Can anyone...

Installed Google Wear OS for my Fossil Watch, then transferred it to my phone. Noticed my start button had moved. Now I can't move it back to usual lower left no matter what I try. Anyone has any suggestions, I'd be most appreciative.

:)

DouglasSwims1, Aug 22, 2018
  2. hofkar Win User

Start button lower left corner of screen

The Start button in lower-left corner of screen/desktop is not responding to left click.
    Is there something an amateur can do?

hofkar, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Start button lower left of screen/desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope this information is helpful. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 22, 2018
  4. LisaFloe Win User

Can't move the start button to lower left, Windows 10, tried all usual fixes.... Can anyone...

My start button is missing from the lower left corner of my desktop screen

I used to have the start button on the lower left of the desktop screen. I would hit that button and all the programs would be listed on the left side of the desktop screen. A friend used my computer and now it's gone. Now there are boxes on the screen
    with limited choices. Help!!

LisaFloe, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Can't move the start button to lower left, Windows 10, tried all usual fixes.... Can anyone...

1. Can't move the start button to lower left, Windows 10, tried all usual fixes.... Can anyone... - Similar Threads - Can't move start

2. Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog: Windows 11 Professional.I click on the start menu icon. The bottom of the popup shows my username button on the bottom lower left, and the shutdown button on the bottom lower right. Going vertical, there's some space then a Recommended text. Moving up there are icons of...
  3. Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog: Windows 11 Professional.I click on the start menu icon. The bottom of the popup shows my username button on the bottom lower left, and the shutdown button on the bottom lower right. Going vertical, there's some space then a Recommended text. Moving up there are icons of...
  4. how can you move the volume button to the left pain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can you move the volume button to the left pain: how can you move the volume button to the left pain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-you-move-the-volume-button-to-the-left/897f2a6b-7a83-4afc-a095-b47a367a2799
  5. how can you move the volume button to the left pain

how can you move the volume button to the left pain: how can you move the volume button to the left pain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-you-move-the-volume-button-to-the-left/897f2a6b-7a83-4afc-a095-b47a367a2799
  6. The usual Start Search button problems

The usual Start Search button problems: I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search...
  7. The usual Start Search button problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The usual Start Search button problems: I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search...
  8. Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes: Over the weekend an update was done on my computer. EVERY TIME an update is done my computer can no longer detect my second monitor. This time I am stumped. I have tried all of the usual fixes (updating graphics driver, rolling it back, uninstalling the update). Nothing is...
  9. windows start button no left click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows start button no left click: Hello I have just upgraded from seven to ten. At first things were ok but I no longer have anything on the windows icon with left click. Also the new browser will not start and internet explorer browser icon went away. Can I do another free upgrade by using system restore?...
  10. Start button lower left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button lower left corner of screen: The Start button in lower-left corner of screen/desktop is not responding to left click. Is there something an amateur can do? . 41609

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start button moved to left windows 10

2. move start button to lower left on windows 10

3. move start button to bottom left windows 10