Windows 10: Can't name shortcut

Discus and support Can't name shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I’m new to W10. I’ve created a “God mode / Uber” control panel shortcut in W10 by creating a new folder on the (display) desktop and then naming it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dense, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Dense Win User

Can't name shortcut

I’m new to W10. I’ve created a “God mode / Uber” control panel shortcut in W10 by creating a new folder on the (display) desktop and then naming it “Uber Panel.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}”. Doing this does indeed result in a shortcut with a control-panel-like icon that when clicked on launches a seemingly more robust control panel than the one most commonly seen. Trouble is, once created, this Uber Panel shortcut sporting a control-panel-like icon not only shows no name beneath it, but won’t accept a name either.W7 has in past allowed me to create such a shortcut and allowed me to name it whatever I wished. Why am I having trouble with this in W10?

:)

Dense, Apr 1, 2018

2. Accessing native Contacts after installing Good Messaging

Can't you create a shortcut for calendar from the Windows directory? Copy Calendar and then paste a shortcut in Windows/Start Menu. Rename the shortcut to a name you want.

If you can't see the Calendar application file, it is hidden so pick the show all files option.

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 1, 2018
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Any way to put a shortcut link in Quick Access? Or a way to give a folder a nickname without renaming the actual folder?

Looks like you can't do it with Quick Access. (as you found) You can use desktop shortcuts and name the shortcut whatever you like.

I'd suggest using the Feedback Hub to add the suggestion.

neilpzz, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't name shortcut

Brink, Apr 1, 2018
  5. Dense Win User
    Thanks to Brink for helping with my "All Tasks" shortcut creation problem.

Dense, Apr 1, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't name shortcut

1. Can't name shortcut - Similar Threads - Can't name shortcut

2. Can't change shortcut icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change shortcut icon: I keep a shortcut for File Explorer on my desktop. Until the last Win10 update last week, it displayed the icon I selected for it under Properties, Change Icon. Now it displays a blank icon on the desktop, and won't display the one I choose for it, even thought the Properties...
  3. Can't create shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create shortcuts: Everytime I create shortcuts I get"the target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the internet shortcut property sheet and make sure the target is correct" plz help y'all ive tried so many YouTube solutions already...
  4. can't delete desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete desktop shortcuts: [ATTACH] everytime i try to delete something it says "item not found" and turning into a globe https://preview.redd.it/394w025d6yp61.png?width=84&format=png&auto=webp&s=c967e10948be142ae9ebbf7ae8b96ef61135c10b submitted by /u/xander1090 [link] [comments]...
  5. Shortcut for changing multiple file names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut for changing multiple file names: Is there anyway to highlight multiple files and edit their names without having to individually right click and rename each file? Edit: or even just a quicker way to rename a single file like a key combination submitted by /u/DankDoobies420 [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't create website shortcut.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't create website shortcut.: As the title says, I can't create a shortcut to a web site, mine actually. I can create one for other sites, but not for mine. Why is that? 151732
  7. OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted.: Whenever I boot up my PC, it says OneNote Shortcuts can't be deleted. Does anyone know what the issue could be? 16376
  8. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020
  9. Change Shortcut Name Extension Template in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Shortcut Name Extension Template in Windows: How to: Change Shortcut Name Extension Template in Windows How to Change Default Shortcut Name Extension Template in Windows 7, 8, and 10 [img] Information A shortcut is a link to an item (such as a file, folder, or app) on your PC. When you right click or press...
  10. Is there anyway to sort folders and shortcuts by name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there anyway to sort folders and shortcuts by name?: Usually when I do this it will sort folders and shortcuts separately. Is there anyway to list them all alphabetically? 61706