Windows 10: Can't network computers after update

Discus and support Can't network computers after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating to latest version of Windows, I can no longer network my computers. I know Homegroup went away, but I never used it anyway. I have two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lyndell, May 6, 2018.

1. lyndell Win User

Can't network computers after update

After updating to latest version of Windows, I can no longer network my computers. I know Homegroup went away, but I never used it anyway. I have two identical laptops the share the same problem. I have made sure the hard drives are set up for sharing.

I have a tablet computer that I have not updated yet and I am able to access it from either laptop. Sometimes I can access the laptops from the tablet, but not consistently.

After running network troubleshooter, I get the following error message "Your user account doesn't have permission to access "\\laptop3\c"". I get the same message on either laptop. Both laptops are logged in as administrators.

I had one suggestion to do a network reset, but saving that as a last resort.

Any suggestions.

:)

lyndell, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Can't network computers after update

1. Can't network computers after update - Similar Threads - Can't network computers

2. Can't find computer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find computer on Network: I have 3 computers. On Network of computer 1, I found 2 others, On computer 2, I found 2 others. On computer 3, I found computer 1. I need to find computer 2 on computer 3. Tried everything: Turn on discovery on Network avanced sharing setting, Turn off Firewall and Windows...
  3. Can't find computer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find computer on Network: I have 3 computers. On Network of computer 1, I found 2 others, On computer 2, I found 2 others. On computer 3, I found computer 1. I need to find computer 2 on computer 3. Tried everything: Turn on discovery on Network avanced sharing setting, Turn off Firewall and Windows...
  4. computer can't connect to the Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer can't connect to the Network: Hey All,Im at the office, my computer does not connect to the Wi-Fi, i use the docking station and i have a sim card from the company.on the hone it works properly***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  5. computer can't connect to the Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer can't connect to the Network: Hey All,Im at the office, my computer does not connect to the Wi-Fi, i use the docking station and i have a sim card from the company.on the hone it works properly***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  6. computer can't connect to the Network

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't Connect to Networked Computer

Can't Connect to Networked Computer: First thank you for your time and help. I am very new to all of this and have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have two computers in my home. Both running Windows 10. I have both networked. Computer B can see and access all the folders I shared on Computer A, but Computer A...
  8. Network computers not showing after 20H2 update

Network computers not showing after 20H2 update: All, There seems to be a problem with the network computers not showing up. Say my computer is named "BRYCE-PC" and the remote computer is "YuleLog-PC" I am trying to get psexec to work properly, and worked until today. I have Spectrum (using their new Wave 2 router and Modem...
  9. Can't see computer in network

Can't see computer in network: My laptop and desktop are connected via crossover cable, I can ping and remote connect between them with a response, but for some reason they aren't showing up in the file explorer network...
  10. Can't scan to networked computers

Can't scan to networked computers: I have 3 x new DELL Vostro w/ MS 10. I have a copier/scanner connected to the ethernet network. I can print from all three but cannot scan to any (can scan to one older computer). Any ideas? Thanks! .//..we...